Daniel Veditz | 7 Oct 10:50 2002
Picon

Re: checking mozilla version 1.0 and windows on install

Jason LaBumbard wrote:
> I want to check to make sure that my xpi is installed on mozilla 1.0 and
> a windows system.  Is this the correct way to do it?
> 
> First check windows...

I'd check the buildID first -- if you know it's 1.0 then you don't have to
bother with whether platform exists. Or do check for 'platform' but don't
bother with anything else if it doesn't exist since it must be an old version.

If it's win you install and register some chrome before checking the buildID
and possibly having to back out the install. Get your basic error checking
out of the way at the beginning.

>         cancelInstall(err);

I don't see err getting set anywhere... if this is the only problem it'll
default to 0 which would be interpreted as a success. The install *will* get
cancelled (transactions since the last initInstall backed out) but anyone
listening to the result code (such as the dialog and install log) will get
confused.

You can call cancelInstall() without an arg, which returns a default code of
-227 (INSTALL_CANCELLED), or supply a literal numeric value without having
to assign to the err variable.

Also note that cancelInstall() does *not* abort or exit the script: it's
just a function that unwinds install actions. The normal javascript control
flow applies.

(Continue reading)

someone4you | 19 Oct 08:05 2002

re:look forward to see you there

I am a 28 year old female looking for a man between the ages of 30 and 50. I write, sing, and I love comedy. I want a
friend that knows how to just have fun so if you're looking for a one night stand please don't respond. I am a
loving an affectionate person as well. And I will require someone ... 
if your interested ill be here http://www.designerlove.com/?rid=love11

Peter Weilbacher | 21 Oct 13:58 2002
Picon

Re: Install Diggler in homedir

Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> I had tried to install Diggler (diggler.mozdev.org) under Linux,
> which didn't work, because it wants to change the root-protected
> files under /usr/local/mozilla instead of ~/.mozilla/12345678.slt/.
> 
> 
> Following <3D8F49B5.2070301 <at> netscape.com> I fiddled around with 
> install.js and came up with a small patch (see below). It now
> installs successfully (before I got "-214" errors), puts
> diggler.jar in my own chrome/ and changes my own chrome/chrome.rdf.
> But it still does not work.
> 
> Without understanding the installation process and what it does,
> the problem seems to be that DELAYED_CHROME is a necessary
> attribute, but that only works for the install dir in
> /usr/local/mozilla. If I leave it out or put PROFILE_CHROME instead
> does not install correctly.
> 
> Any ideas/comments?

Hmm, is this too obvious, too difficult or does just nobody read this 
group??? Should I post it somewhere else??
--

-- 
Greetings,
	Peter.

mark kaplun | 21 Oct 15:50 2002
Picon

Re: Install Diggler in homedir

"Peter Weilbacher" <pweilba <at> gwdg.de> wrote in message
news:ap0poc$b731 <at> ripley.netscape.com...
> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>
> > I had tried to install Diggler (diggler.mozdev.org) under Linux,
> > which didn't work, because it wants to change the root-protected
> > files under /usr/local/mozilla instead of ~/.mozilla/12345678.slt/.
> >
> >
> > Following <3D8F49B5.2070301 <at> netscape.com> I fiddled around with
> > install.js and came up with a small patch (see below). It now
> > installs successfully (before I got "-214" errors), puts
> > diggler.jar in my own chrome/ and changes my own chrome/chrome.rdf.
> > But it still does not work.
> >
> > Without understanding the installation process and what it does,
> > the problem seems to be that DELAYED_CHROME is a necessary
> > attribute, but that only works for the install dir in
> > /usr/local/mozilla. If I leave it out or put PROFILE_CHROME instead
> > does not install correctly.
> >
> > Any ideas/comments?
>
> Hmm, is this too obvious, too difficult or does just nobody read this
> group??? Should I post it somewhere else??
> --
> Greetings,
> Peter.
>

(Continue reading)

Joerg Heinicke | 24 Oct 16:51 2002
Picon
Picon

Why don't I have privileges for anything from XBL?

Hello,

we created an application, which we want to install in chrome directory. We
have placed the jar into the directory, added a contents.rdf and hacked
installed-chrome.txt in the following way (according to Mozilla book, page
32, or like the prefbar application from xulplanet.com):

content,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/iupb.jar!/content/iupb/

Everything works fine (CSS, images, access to JS and so on). But some
actions in XBL JS won't be executed, because of following exception:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property
XULDocument.documentElement

As you can see even a simple document.documentElement is not permitted. Can
you say why? This was already permitted in our pure remote version of the
application.

During our tests and comparisons with prefbar application and XFly test from
the book, we found out, that the access to document.documentElement from JS
files is permitted but denied from XBLs.

Regards,

Joerg

Wolfram Fritzsch | 25 Oct 17:34 2002
Picon
Picon

how to prevent netscape to start after silent setup mode?

Hi folks,
I had configured my netscape 7.x to install in silent mode and want to 
run it while an unattended installation of Windows 2000 BUT:
every time I start the setup.exe netscp.exe will execute after finishing 
setup using my modified config.ini

How can I disable this feature because then my installation hangs:-(
Any help?

Thx,
Wolfram

Joerg Heinicke | 25 Oct 18:00 2002
Picon

Solved: Re: Why don't I have privileges for anything from XBL?

We found out the problem, which is as strange as the problem:

The file extension .xbl caused the non-privileges. After renaming all XBLs 
to .xml everything works ok.

Regards,

Joerg

Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> we created an application, which we want to install in chrome directory. We
> have placed the jar into the directory, added a contents.rdf and hacked
> installed-chrome.txt in the following way (according to Mozilla book, page
> 32, or like the prefbar application from xulplanet.com):
> 
> content,install,url,jar:resource:/chrome/iupb.jar!/content/iupb/
> 
> Everything works fine (CSS, images, access to JS and so on). But some
> actions in XBL JS won't be executed, because of following exception:
> 
> Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property
> XULDocument.documentElement
> 
> As you can see even a simple document.documentElement is not permitted. Can
> you say why? This was already permitted in our pure remote version of the
> application.
> 
> During our tests and comparisons with prefbar application and XFly test 
(Continue reading)

Daniel Veditz | 26 Oct 07:42 2002
Picon

Re: Install Diggler in homedir

Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> 
> 
>>I had tried to install Diggler (diggler.mozdev.org) under Linux,
>>which didn't work, because it wants to change the root-protected
>>files under /usr/local/mozilla instead of ~/.mozilla/12345678.slt/.
>>
>>
>>Following <3D8F49B5.2070301 <at> netscape.com> I fiddled around with 
>>install.js and came up with a small patch (see below). It now
>>installs successfully (before I got "-214" errors), puts
>>diggler.jar in my own chrome/ and changes my own chrome/chrome.rdf.
>>But it still does not work.

The chrome registry does not support profile "content" , currently only
locale and skin chrome is supported in the profile. There's an RFE filed on
this which would need to be fixed in order to do what you want. Once that's
done the install will start working.

Daniel Veditz | 26 Oct 07:45 2002
Picon

Re: how to prevent netscape to start after silent setup mode?

Wolfram Fritzsch wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I had configured my netscape 7.x to install in silent mode and want to 
> run it while an unattended installation of Windows 2000 BUT:
> every time I start the setup.exe netscp.exe will execute after finishing 
> setup using my modified config.ini
> 
> How can I disable this feature because then my installation hangs:-(
> Any help?

If you have a modified config.ini anyway you could simply remove the Run App
sections that launch the client. Or you could use the -ira (ignore run-app)
command-line argument (-h gives you the list)

Wolfram Fritzsch | 28 Oct 08:22 2002
Picon
Picon

Re: how to prevent netscape to start after silent setup mode?


Daniel Veditz schrieb:
> Wolfram Fritzsch wrote:
> 
>>Hi folks,
>>I had configured my netscape 7.x to install in silent mode and want to 
>>run it while an unattended installation of Windows 2000 BUT:
>>every time I start the setup.exe netscp.exe will execute after finishing 
>>setup using my modified config.ini
>>
>>How can I disable this feature because then my installation hangs:-(
>>Any help?
> 
> 
> If you have a modified config.ini anyway you could simply remove the Run App
> sections that launch the client. Or you could use the -ira (ignore run-app)
> command-line argument (-h gives you the list)
> 

Thx for that, it works :-)

Hmmmm, to look for the -h option I never thought about :(

But if I do "setup -h" I get a really to wide help window not a small 
humanreadable messages box and it closes itself after a few seconds, 
thats correct?
I have Win2k SP3 and Netscape 7.0


Gmane