yamo' | 1 Oct 19:27 2009

Lightning in SM2.0pre (Linux_x86_64-gcc3)

Hi, I don't see my post <XPOdnWB-5uPreVnXnZ2dnUVZ_hSdnZ2d <at> mozilla.org> 
croospost on mozilla.dev.apps.calendar and mozilla.support.seamonkey so I 
post it here again.

On my 64bit Seamonkey 2.0 /Ubuntu 9.04 64bit I have this message :
"Lightning" could not be installed because it is not compatible with
 your SeaMonkey build type (Linux_x86_64-gcc3). Please contact the
 author of this item about the problem.
when installing Lightning 1.0pre.

And when receiving a mail from Outlook with BEGIN:VCALENDAR .... there's
nothing on the screen.

Is there some specifics builds for Lightnings?

Lightning 1.0 pre worked with Seamonkey 2.0b2 and Seamonkey 2.0pre linux
builds (not specific for 64bit).

--

-- 
Stéphane
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
dev-apps-calendar <at> lists.mozilla.org
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Stefan Sitter | 1 Oct 19:38 2009
Picon

Re: Lightning in SM2.0pre (Linux_x86_64-gcc3)

yamo' wrote:
> On my 64bit Seamonkey 2.0 /Ubuntu 9.04 64bit I have this message
> : "Lightning" could not be installed because it is not compatible
> with your SeaMonkey build type (Linux_x86_64-gcc3). Please
> contact the author of this item about the problem. when
> installing Lightning 1.0pre.
> 
> And when receiving a mail from Outlook with BEGIN:VCALENDAR ....
> there's nothing on the screen.
> 
> Is there some specifics builds for Lightnings?
> 
> Lightning 1.0 pre worked with Seamonkey 2.0b2 and Seamonkey
> 2.0pre linux builds (not specific for 64bit).

There exists no Lightning builds for 64-bit Thunderbird or 64-bit 
SeaMonkey. Only 32-bit builds are supported. You have to create you 
own Lightning build if you need one with 64-bit support.

Stefan
Stéphane Grégoire | 1 Oct 23:54 2009

Re: Lightning in SM2.0pre (Linux_x86_64-gcc3)

Hi,

Stefan Sitter a tapoté, le 01/10/2009 19:38:
> There exists no Lightning builds for 64-bit Thunderbird or 64-bit 
> SeaMonkey. Only 32-bit builds are supported. You have to create you 
> own Lightning build if you need one with 64-bit support.

Thanks for your reply.

I've done it with :

	<https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Simple_Sunbird_build>

My xpi is here (only for information, it's the very first time I build a
Mozilla project ; I can have made mistakes) :
<http://pasdenom.info/xpi/lightning.xpi>

--

-- 
Stéphane
http://pasdenom.info/fortune
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-calendar mailing list
dev-apps-calendar <at> lists.mozilla.org
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-calendar
Philip Chee | 3 Oct 06:20 2009
Picon

Addons->Lightning->Options in SeaMonkey

Greetings gentlebeings!

Now that Bug 516398 (No Lightning pref UI in SeaMonkey) is mostly fixed
except for Bug 517700 (Lightning Categories Pref pane not showing any
categories) which has a one line patch waiting for review from a
Calendar reviewer, the only remaining minor sticking point is Bug 518736
(Preferences button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul).

Doing this results in a 0px high blank window opening since we don't
have a chrome://messenger/content/preferences/preferences.xul in
SeaMonkey. In bug 518736 we have discussed several ways to fix this
(admittedly low priority bug).

Options:

1. Replace the <optionsURL> with a javascript url e.g.:

<em:optionsURL>javascript:var
url=Application.id=='{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}'?'chrome://communicator/content/pref/preferences.xul':'chrome://messenger/content/preferences/preferences.xul';opener.openDialog(url,'','chrome,titlebar,toolbar,centerscreen,modal,resizable','paneLightning');window.close();</em:optionsURL>

So the JS checks for the application.id and if it is SeaMonkey, it opens
the SM preferences window. Otherwise it assumes Thunderbird and opens
the TB preferences window. One bonus I added it to focus on the
Lightning prefpane in the TB case.

Cons: really hacky.

2. Create a standalone preference window for Lightning and stop
overlaying TB. Firefox/toolkit developers have been consistent in
discouraging extension authors from overlaying the application
(Continue reading)

Todd Nine | 4 Oct 05:32 2009
Picon

Re: iTunes integration

On Sep 24, 1:15 pm, Joshua Cranmer <Pidgeo... <at> verizon.net> wrote:
> On 09/21/2009 05:23 PM, Todd Nine wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at writing an iTunes synchronization provider that will
> > allow iTunes to synchornize with Lightning. From an architecture
> > perspective it appears that I'll need to either interact directly with
> > the SQLLite DB, or wrap the XPCom objects, which I'm not sure I can do.
> > Does anyone have any experience in embedding XPCom objects in 3rd party
> > applications, or have any thoughts on an integration architecture?
>
> In either case, you will probably have problems with consistency if your
> program is running the same time as Lightning or Sunbird: manual SQLite
> interaction might risk data races with the running application (I
> believe SQLite only locks on the process level), while running your own
> XPCOM stuff can cause problems with profile locks. If you add in an
> extension to the Mozilla side that can receive command-line arguments,
> you can mitigate data race issues to a large degree, but then you have
> the less satisfactory part: you need to install an extension on the
> Mozilla side to get stuff to work.
>
> Another alternative is to look at how the opensync people solved these
> issues: <http://opensync.org/browser/plugins/mozilla-sync/trunk/src>.

Thanks for the help.  I've contacted the opensync developer lists.
I'm thinking that since a synchronization API has already been written
for Sunbird and Lightning within this project, my best bet is to
implement an iTunes plugin utilizing the opensync framework.  If I can
get the binaries running on Windows and create a COM bridge that works
within the iTunes SDK, the code to glue everything together should be
relatively minimal.  As far as the installation process, I'm not sure
(Continue reading)

Mark Banner | 4 Oct 20:16 2009

Thunderbird Weekly Status meeting: Tuesday October 6th, 2009

[Followups aimed to mozilla.dev.planning]

The usual meeting in the usual venue. See 
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2009-10-06 for 
details, and please add anything you wish to discuss to the agenda.

Standard8
NoOp | 5 Oct 02:03 2009

Re: Addons->Lightning->Options in SeaMonkey

On 10/02/2009 09:20 PM, Philip Chee wrote:
> Greetings gentlebeings!
> 
> Now that Bug 516398 (No Lightning pref UI in SeaMonkey) is mostly fixed
> except for Bug 517700 (Lightning Categories Pref pane not showing any
> categories) which has a one line patch waiting for review from a
> Calendar reviewer, the only remaining minor sticking point is Bug 518736
> (Preferences button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul).
> 
> Doing this results in a 0px high blank window opening since we don't
> have a chrome://messenger/content/preferences/preferences.xul in
> SeaMonkey. In bug 518736 we have discussed several ways to fix this
> (admittedly low priority bug).
> 
> Options:
> 
> 1. Replace the <optionsURL> with a javascript url e.g.:
> 
> <em:optionsURL>javascript:var
> url=Application.id=='{92650c4d-4b8e-4d2a-b7eb-24ecf4f6b63a}'?'chrome://communicator/content/pref/preferences.xul':'chrome://messenger/content/preferences/preferences.xul';opener.openDialog(url,'','chrome,titlebar,toolbar,centerscreen,modal,resizable','paneLightning');window.close();</em:optionsURL>
> 
> So the JS checks for the application.id and if it is SeaMonkey, it opens
> the SM preferences window. Otherwise it assumes Thunderbird and opens
> the TB preferences window. One bonus I added it to focus on the
> Lightning prefpane in the TB case.
> 
> Cons: really hacky.
> 
> 2. Create a standalone preference window for Lightning and stop
> overlaying TB. Firefox/toolkit developers have been consistent in
(Continue reading)

Neil | 5 Oct 10:37 2009
Picon

Re: Addons->Lightning->Options in SeaMonkey

Philip Chee wrote:

>Cons: User will have to access the lightning preferences via the addons manager.
>  
>
Why?

--

-- 
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
Philip Chee | 5 Oct 12:59 2009
Picon

Re: Addons->Lightning->Options in SeaMonkey

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 09:37:17 +0100, Neil wrote:
> Philip Chee wrote:

>>Cons: User will have to access the lightning preferences via the addons manager.
>>
> Why?

Existing Lightning users will suffer confusion, angst, doubt, and file
lots of bugs complaining about missing the prefPane. And how many
actually read the release notes?

Phil

--

-- 
Philip Chee <philip <at> aleytys.pc.my>, <philip.chee <at> gmail.com>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://xsidebar.mozdev.org
Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
[ ]It's the Ugliness Men Mr. Horrible!
* TagZilla 0.066.6
Philip Chee | 5 Oct 13:04 2009
Picon

Re: Addons->Lightning->Options in SeaMonkey

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 09:37:17 +0100, moznews...hb <at> calen.de wrote:
> Philip Chee schrieb:
>> 3. On the SeaMonkey side we could create a stub file for
>> chrome://messenger/content/preferences/preferences.xul with just enough
>> UI for the Lightning overlay to hook up successfully.
>> 
>> Pros: simpler than #2 and less hacky than #1.
>> Cons: On the SeaMonkey side having UI that is used only by Lightning
>> seems suboptimal.
> 
> Could other extensions use this stub too?

Sure. I don't know about Thunderbird but Firefox developers really
really don't like extension authors overlaying the Firefox prefwindow.

> Will it simplify porting extensions to Semonkey?

Not really. Most extensions don't overlay the application prefwindow,
and those that do overlay specific points inside one or more prefpanes.
The proposed stub only has the window and no dummy prefpanes available
to overlay.

Phil

--

-- 
Philip Chee <philip <at> aleytys.pc.my>, <philip.chee <at> gmail.com>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://xsidebar.mozdev.org
Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
(Continue reading)


Gmane