One possible solution - I posted a copy of mysql v4.0.26 at http://koha.rwjr.com/
The link is at
the bottom of the page.
If you don't see it, refresh the page. I guess the 4.0.x versions are
no longer available from the mysql site.
Another solution - to use mysql 4.1.22 - try these instructions:
1. Download and run mysql-essential-4.1.22-win32.msi or
mysql-4.1.22win32.zip (unzip and run setup.exe)
2. Choose Custom Setup Type
3. Important - Change the install path to C:\mysql
4. Leave the default settings for any other install options
5. Click next as required and then install
6. You can Skip Sign-Up for a MySQL account, or sign-up if you want to.
7. When the install finishes, choose to "Configure the MySQL Server
This will start the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard
8. Choose Standard Configuration
9. On the next screen choose to:
Install as Windows Service
Launch the MySQL Server Automatically
Include Bin Directory in Windows Path
10. Modify Security Settings:
Enter a password for your root user. Make a record of the password
in a safe place so you don't forget it.
Probably DO NOT allow root access from remote machines
Probably DO NOT create an anonymous account
11. Click Execute to configure the database
12. Click Finish to close the Wizard
Run the Koha w32 install package:
1. When it complains it can't find WinMySQLadmin, click OK.
2. When you get an error that it can't connect to the MySQL Database,
click on the Test Connection button
3. Enter the password for the root user (from step 10 of the mysql
install above), and click OK
4. The connection should succeed and you should be able to complete the
You still won't have a WinMySQLadmin in the systray, but mysql should
be running. Start and stop the windows service for mysql when you want
to start and stop the database. Or you can copy winmysqladmin from an
earlier version - it should still work (I can supply a zipped copy if
I ran through this procedure on a test machine today, and it worked. I
will try to work on making the w32 install package more compatible with
mysql 4.1 in the near future.
Koha Lover wrote:
We have downloaded the following:
We ran through the install (not installing the Perl5.8
package and installing Koha2.2.7 in preference to Koha
2.2.6), putting the files in the proper directories as
far as we know.
At the end of the install Koha gave a message that it
could not find Mysql...admin.exe. Moreover, although
the Apache icon (not a feather) was in the systray, we
did not have the mysql icon in the systray at all.
Please note that the www.koha.org page recommends an
earlier version of Mysql (4.0.something), but we could
not find this at the mysql site given. The closest we
could find was mysql 4.1.22, avoiding as recommended
mysql 5. Upon installation of mysql, we encountered
screens that are not anticipated in the installation
notes, particularly as concerns the configuration.
There are three options, no configuration, typical
configuration and full configuration. On the install
we are describing we did the typical configuration.
However, as pointed out above we didn't have any
success with getting koha to work since it couldn't
find mysql...admin.exe. We did execute 'mysql' under
run, and we did get something, but we clearly are
ignorant how to set up mysql to work with koha.
In other respects the Koha install runs to completion.
We tried a second installation telling mysql not to
configure, running the separate Perl koha modules
package and again installing Koha, but we got the same
problem with mysql...admin.exe.
Can someone coach us what to do?
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
Koha mailing list