Dante D. Dinawanao | 9 Apr 01:12 2001
Picon

on the Cdk perl module...

X-Sulat-MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology-IP: 202.78.82.7

Hi,

      I'm using RedHat 7.0 for my Koha installation. My problem 
is, I can't get the Cdk perl module working. The README tells me 
to rebuild the PERL source. Is there any other way to install 
Cdk perl module without rebuilding the PERL itself? BTW, my PERL 
installation is not from source. It's from RedHat's RPM PERL 
installer.

      Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
,~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,
| Dante D. Dinawanao                  |
| Systems/Network Administrator       |
| Computing and Network Center        |
| MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology  |
| A. Bonifacio Avenue                 |
| 9200 Iligan City, Philippines       |
|                                     |
| Email: cc-ddd@...   |
| URL: http://home.msuiit.edu.ph/~ddd |
| Telephone #: +63 (63) 221-4071      |  
| Cellphone #: +63 09195549699        |
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
| "Don't just spout fire-just do it,  |
| and when it's done, show the world" |
|                    -Linus Torvalds  |
(Continue reading)

Chris Cormack | 9 Apr 01:43 2001
Picon

Re: on the Cdk perl module...

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 07:12:01AM +0800, Dante D. Dinawanao said:
> X-Sulat-MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology-IP: 202.78.82.7
> 
> Hi,
> 
>       I'm using RedHat 7.0 for my Koha installation. My problem 
> is, I can't get the Cdk perl module working. The README tells me 
> to rebuild the PERL source. Is there any other way to install 
> Cdk perl module without rebuilding the PERL itself? BTW, my PERL 
> installation is not from source. It's from RedHat's RPM PERL 
> installer.
> 
>       Any info is appreciated.
> 
Hi there

You definitely dont want to have to rebuild perl itself. 
So you have downloaded the cdk source code and installed that ok, and its
just the perl extensions that arent compiling?

FYI The curses issues and returns interface is bugging, and Im not happy
with how it works. The web based circulations is more stable. A big item on
the todo list is a complete rewrite of the curses circulation routines.
Probably to use slang.

Chris

--

-- 
Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
(Continue reading)

Glee & Raleigh | 14 Apr 04:01 2001

mailing lists

Please add me to your mailing list.
Jian Liu | 17 Apr 17:45 2001
Picon

installation question

Hello,

Before starting, I'd like to know if I can install it in an environment
where I have no access to /etc where koha.conf should be, nor setting up
the virtual host. Basically, I have an account on the web server (apache),
where I can execute cgi scripts but no access to root, and I have access
to mysql on another machine. 

Thnaks

Jian

Benedykt P. Barszcz | 27 Apr 14:11 2001
Picon

koha installation problem

Here is what i have in the log files:
[root@... logs]# cat libra_error
[Fri Apr 27 15:54:48 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/front-mouseover-members.gif
Died at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/C4/Output.pm line 126.
[Fri Apr 27 15:56:30 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/issues.gif
[Fri Apr 27 15:56:30 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/returns.gif
[Fri Apr 27 15:59:48 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/issues.gif
[Fri Apr 27 15:59:48 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/returns.gif
Died at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/C4/Output.pm line 126.
[Fri Apr 27 16:04:38 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/issues.gif
[Fri Apr 27 16:04:38 2001] [error] [client 192.168.0.48] File does not
exist: /var/www/bibl/admin/htdocs/images/returns.gif

I am talking about a fresh install of koha-1.1.0.
How to fix this?

Thanks.
Benedykt

 
--

-- 
uwaga: dobre ksiazki: PHP4. Aplikacje - Visual Basic w Bazach Danych
Jezyk C. Szkola Programowania i inne kupisz: http://www.robomatic.pl

Benedykt P. Barszcz | 27 Apr 14:55 2001
Picon

includes not obious to me...

The INSTALL file says
---
6/ Here you need to decide where your scripts and html are going to live.
And edit C4/Output.pm to reflect that.
Set $path= where your includes live, eg.
$path="/usr/local/www/koha/htdocs/includes";
---
But there are two sets of includes.
[root@... koha-1.1.0]# ls opac-html/includes/
CVS/  join-top.inc  members-top.inc  opac-bottom.inc  opac-top.inc
[root@... koha-1.1.0]#

And
[root@... koha-1.1.0]# ls intranet-html/includes/
CVS/                    circulation-top.inc  opac-bottom.inc
aquisitions-bottom.inc  issues-bottom.inc    opac-top.inc
aquisitions-top.inc     issues-top.inc       reports-bottom.inc
budgets.inc             members-bottom.inc   reports-top.inc
cat-bottom.inc          members-top.inc
cat-top.inc             menus.inc
[root@... koha-1.1.0]#

And they are not in ONE directory... how do you guys so easily configure it
to work?

Benedykt

 
--

-- 
uwaga: dobre ksiazki: PHP4. Aplikacje - Visual Basic w Bazach Danych
Jezyk C. Szkola Programowania i inne kupisz: http://www.robomatic.pl

Chris Cormack | 29 Apr 23:40 2001
Picon

Re: koha installation problem

Hi Benedykt,

It looks like there are some missing image files in the distribution.

Ive put them up at
http://www.koha.org/download/images/
So you can download them
http://www.koha.org/download/images/issues.gif
http://www.koha.org/download/images/returns.gif
http://www.koha.org/download/images/front-mouseover-members.gif

Chris

--

-- 
Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris@...                                          www.katipo.co.nz

Chris Cormack | 30 Apr 00:21 2001
Picon

Re: installation question

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 10:45:25AM -0500, Jian Liu said:
> Hello,
> 
> Before starting, I'd like to know if I can install it in an environment
> where I have no access to /etc where koha.conf should be, nor setting up
> the virtual host. Basically, I have an account on the web server (apache),
> where I can execute cgi scripts but no access to root, and I have access
> to mysql on another machine. 
> 
Sorry about the late reply.

But yes you probably can get this to work.

What you can do is edit C4/Output.pm
See this line
open (KC, "/etc/koha.conf");
(its about line 47)
You can make that be your homedir/koha.conf and put the conf file there if
you like.

You will also have to edit C4/Database.pm
line 57: open (KC, "/etc/koha.conf");  to reflect your changes above.
Then in your conf file you can set it up to use a remote database.

Hope this helps

Chris
--

-- 
Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris@...                                          www.katipo.co.nz

Chris Cormack | 30 Apr 00:23 2001
Picon

Re: includes not obious to me...

Hi Benedykt,

Ah yep this is another glitch in the install.
Basically the intranet-html includes are the superset, and opac-html are the
subset, that is all the includes ud need are in the intranet-html.
So you can point your includes path to be where they are.

Sorry about the confusion

Chris

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 02:55:29PM +0200, Benedykt P. Barszcz said:
> The INSTALL file says
> ---
> 6/ Here you need to decide where your scripts and html are going to live.
> And edit C4/Output.pm to reflect that.
> Set $path= where your includes live, eg.
> $path="/usr/local/www/koha/htdocs/includes";
> ---
> But there are two sets of includes.
> [root@... koha-1.1.0]# ls opac-html/includes/
> CVS/  join-top.inc  members-top.inc  opac-bottom.inc  opac-top.inc
> [root@... koha-1.1.0]#
> 
> And
> [root@... koha-1.1.0]# ls intranet-html/includes/
> CVS/                    circulation-top.inc  opac-bottom.inc
> aquisitions-bottom.inc  issues-bottom.inc    opac-top.inc
> aquisitions-top.inc     issues-top.inc       reports-bottom.inc
> budgets.inc             members-bottom.inc   reports-top.inc
> cat-bottom.inc          members-top.inc
> cat-top.inc             menus.inc
> [root@... koha-1.1.0]#
> 
> And they are not in ONE directory... how do you guys so easily configure it
> to work?
> 
> Benedykt
> 
> 
> 
>  
> -- 
> uwaga: dobre ksiazki: PHP4. Aplikacje - Visual Basic w Bazach Danych
> Jezyk C. Szkola Programowania i inne kupisz: http://www.robomatic.pl
>  
>  
> _______________________________________________
> Koha mailing list
> Koha@...
> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha

--

-- 
Chris Cormack                                                     Programmer
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris@...                                          www.katipo.co.nz

Tonnesen Steve | 2 May 00:02 2001
Picon

I'm back

Okay, after a lengthy hiatus on other projects, I'm back working on Koha
for a bit.

I have two libraries now that are nearing completion of the data entry
stage and will be wanting to start circulating.

To facilitate this in my situation, I am populating the borrowers database
with the accounts the school already uses for accessing school file
servers, email and authenticating proxy servers.  I've also created a new
table called borrowergroups where I list the groups that borrowers are in
in our account administration system (ie Grade 6/7, Kindergarten, etc.) so
that the librarians can print out overdue lists for each teacher's class.

I also have a session with the district's Librarian association where I
think I'm going to get grilled about Koha.  They had made a decision to
use a program called Alexandria universally throughout the district.  The
problem is that not all schools can come up with the funds to actually use
Alexandria.  That's where I came into the picture with Koha.  Wish me
luck.

Steve Tonnesen
Coast Mountains School District


Gmane