outer surface extraction
Ruby Shamir <rubke@...
2004-08-01 13:06:30 GMT
I am trying to get the 3D outer surface of the head from MRI scans.
I have a 3D (very noisy) image of the head.
To do so we tried 3 approaches:
1. Using VTK we cleaned the data and "shot" rays during bounding box and
saved the closest intersection points.
The cloud of points look pretty good. But we need a "good"
triangulation for curvature calculation. (Delauny is not good for that
2. Using MATLAB we segmented the outer surface slice by slice
(automatic). However it is important to do this on 3D data since the
result is noisy in the "z" direction (we smoothed it and it is till not
3. Therefore we are seeking for a 3D segmentation approach; threshold
level set as Luis suggested us seems good.
My questions are:
1. Does someone know a consistent triangulation method/implementation?
2. Does someone have a 3D segmentation of the outer surface examples
(with complex objects and noisy data)?
(and sory for the long letter)