Spark 0.5 released!
2012-06-13 14:00:15 GMT
The 0.5 release brings several new features, including:
- New operators: parallel sorting, fold, aggregate, and a new sampling operator.
- Performance improvements: faster shuffle implementation and better cache management.
- Debugging improvements: Spark now reports remote exceptions at the master and filters duplicates.
- Support for running on Apache Mesos 0.9.
- Improved EC2 launch scripts.
For more details, or to download the release, visit http://www.spark-project.org/release-0.5.0.html. You can also keep up with Spark development on GitHub: https://github.com/mesos/spark.
Matei & the Spark team