ScalaFX 1.0.0-R8 and 8.0.0-R4 released
2014-03-08 04:03:33 GMT
ScalaFX helps you simplify creation of JavaFX-based user interfaces in Scala. ScalaFX uses a simple, hierarchical pattern for creating new objects and building up the scene graph. ScalaFX supports full interoperability with Java and can run anywhere the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and JavaFX2 are supported. Current version supports most of the JavaFX 2.2 and JavaFX 8 functionality. For more information see ScalaFX home page.
User visible changes:
- Version naming convention change to use R (release) instead of M (Milestone), to signify that releases are stable.
- More fixes for use of code blocks in event handlers (similar to Issue 102)
- Fixed Issue 115 : EventHandlerDelegate#filterEvent should allow to remove created filters.
- Resolved Issue 118 : Add scaladoc root page.
- Resolved Issue 117 : Remove obsolete build files and documentation.
- Resolved Issue 120 : Scene is missing two constructors.
- Some code changes to support Scala 2.11 stricter compiler.
- Resolve Issue 116 - move settings from project/build.scala to build.sbt
- Remove "sbt-idea" plugin since IDEA can now import SBT projects directly.
- SBT is ScalaFX official build system, drop outdated Gradle and Maven files. It is difficult to maintain multiple build system support.
- Fixed Issue 121 : Build script has some not needed resolvers.
- Update ScalaTest to v.2.1 - mostly to support testing in Scala
Tested with Java 1.7.0 u51. All changes mentioned above. Binaries are released for Scala 2.9.3, 2.10, and 2.11.0-RC1.
Specific to v.8.0.0.R4 (for JavaFX 8):
Tested with early release Java 1.8.0 b129 (final release preview of Java 8). All changes mentioned above plus:
- Improvements to TriangleMeshDemo
- DrawMode, CullFace are now using Scala naming convention for constants.
- Resolved Issue 92 : SFX-8: Add wrapper for TextFlow and added TextFlowDemo.
- Resolved Issue 99 : add wrappers for new classes in
"javafx.scene.layout": Background, BackgroundFill,
BackgroundImage, BackgroundPosition, BackgroundRepeat,
BackgroundSize, CornerRadii, BorderImage, BorderRepeat,
BorderStroke, BorderStrokeStyle, BorderWidths.
For downloads visit ScalaFX on Sonatype.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scala-announce" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to scala-announce+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.