[ANN] Mechanize 2.0.pre.2
Eric Hodel <drbrain <at> segment7.net>
2011-04-18 05:24:18 GMT
mechanize version 2.0.pre.2 has been released! Please test this release and let me know if I have broken
The Mechanize library is used for automating interaction with websites.
Mechanize automatically stores and sends cookies, follows redirects,
can follow links, and submit forms. Form fields can be populated and
submitted. Mechanize also keeps track of the sites that you have visited as
### 2.0.pre.2 / 2011-04-17
Mechanize is now under the MIT license
* API changes
* WWW::Mechanize has been removed. Use Mechanize.
* Pre connect hooks are now called with the agent and the request. See
* Post connect hooks are now called with the agent and the response. See
* Mechanize::Chain is gone, as an internal API this should cause no problems.
* Mechanize#fetch_page no longer accepts an options Hash.
* Mechanize#put now accepts headers instead of an options Hash as the last
* Mechanize#delete now accepts headers instead of an options Hash as the
* Mechanize#request_with_entity now accepts headers instead of an options
Hash as the last argument
* Mechanize no longer raises RuntimeError directly, Mechanize::Error or
ArgumentError are raised instead.
* The User-Agent header has changed. It no longer includes the WWW- prefix
and now includes the ruby version. The URL has been updated as well.
* Mechanize now requires ruby 1.8.7 or newer.
* Hpricot support has been removed as webrobots requires nokogiri.
* Mechanize#get no longer accepts the referer as the second argument.
* Mechanize#get no longer allows the HTTP method to be changed (:verb
* Mechanize#get with an options hash is deprecated and will be removed after
* Mechanize::Util::to_native_charset is deprecated as it is no longer used
* New Features
* Add header reference methods to Mechanize::File so that a reponse
object gets compatible with Net::HTTPResponse.
* Mechanize#click accepts a regexp or string to click a button/link in the
current page. It works as expected when not passed a string or regexp.
* Provide a way to only follow permanent redirects (301)
automatically: <tt>agent.redirect_ok = :permanent</tt> GH #73
* Documented various Mechanize accessors. GH #66
* Mechanize now uses net-http-digest_auth. GH #31
* Mechanize now implements session cookies. GH #78
* Mechanize now implements deflate decoding. GH #40
* Mechanize now allows a certificate and key to be passed directly. GH #71
* Mechanize::Form::MultiSelectList now implements #option_with and
#options_with. GH #42
* Add Mechanize::Page::Link#rel and #rel?(kind) to read and test the rel
* Add Mechanize::Page#canonical_uri to read a </tt><link
* Add support for Robots Exclusion Protocol (i.e. robots.txt) and
nofollow/noindex in meta tags and the rel attribute. Automatic
exclusion can be turned on by setting:
agent.robots = true
* Manual robots.txt test can be performed with
Mechanize#robots_allowed? and #robots_disallowed?.
* Mechanize::Form now supports the accept-charset attribute. GH #96
* Bug Fixes:
* Fixed a bug where Referer is not sent when accessing a relative
URI starting with "http".
* Fix handling of Meta Refresh with relative paths. GH #39
* Mechanize::CookieJar now supports RFC 2109 correctly. GH #85
* Fixed typo in EXAMPLES.rdoc. GH #74
* The base element is now handled correctly for images. GH #72
* Image buttons with no name attribute are now included in the form's button
* Improved handling of non ASCII-7bit compatible characters in links (only
an issue on ruby 1.8). GH #36, GH #75
* Loading cookies.txt is faster. GH #38
* Mechanize no longer sends cookies for a.b.example to axb.example. GH #41
* Mechanize no longer sends the button name as a form field for image
buttons. GH #45
* Blank cookie values are now skipped. GH #80
* Mechanize now adds a '.' to cookie domains if no '.' was sent. This is
not allowed by RFC 2109 but does appear in RFC 2965. GH #86
* file URIs are now read in binary mode. GH #83
* Content-Encoding: x-gzip is now treated like gzip per RFC 2616.
* Mechanize now unescapes URIs for meta refresh. GH #68
* Mechanize now has more robust HTML charset detection. GH #43
* Mechanize::Form::Textarea is now created from a textarea element. GH #94