The second release of TentSteak is out and available as a gem on rubyforge ("gem install tent_steak"). This version introduces a handful of new form helpers, a couple method renames, editable HTML tables, and some application bootstrappers for kickstarting Camping and initializing ActiveRecord.
It's still in active development, and I'd very much appreciate suggestions, feature requests, and even code review. On tap for the next release is: a thorough test suite; a bit of housecleaning to better modularize the now-huge tent_steak.rb file into smaller bits; and a very simple authentication add-on. Plus whatever else I happen to need for my own Camping projects.
* HTML Forms
* Added new form field helpers: input_text, input_password,
input_submit, input_hidden, and input_checkbox.
* file_field => input_file
* select_field => select_menu
* HTML Tables
* Added support for regexp's in tablerow option :rowclass
* New support for editable table columns
* Renamed auto_table option :database_columns to :methods
* auto_table used to expand row objects into cell arrays;
now defers expansion to tablerow(:methods)
* auto_table fixed to better handle non-AR row objects
* Can pass a block to grouping_table for custom blank rows
* Application Helpers
* New method init_db to encapsulate AR startup
* New method add_local_paths to add local (non-gem) libraries
* New method run_app to run Camping app; supports mongrel,
webrick, and CGI
* New method extract_form_fields to extract changed data
after a posted table edit
"The Internet is not something you just dump something
on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes."
--Senator Ted Stevens, R-AK
John R. Sheets