"You're smart too late and old too soon." - Mike Tyson
I'm very pleased to announce the release of Factor 0.96! You can
find download links on the Factor website:
This release is brought to you with over 1,100 commits by the following
Alex Vondrak, Benjamin Pollack, Daniel Nagel, Doug Coleman, John
Benediktsson, Jon Harper, Michael T. Richter, and <at> PGGB.
Aside from bug fixes and various library improvements, I want to highlight the
* Major compiler improvements (thanks Alex Vondrak!):
* Global Value Numbering (disabled currently by default)
* Parallel-Copy Semantics
* Performance improvements to hashtables, hash-sets, heaps, and bloom-filters.
* Support for Retina Displays on OS X
* Greatly improved table gadget performance
* PDF streams (and related PDF documentation)!
* Speed up math comparisons
* Support resize-window (thanks Jon Harper!)
* New logo and icons for Factor
* Added editor support for Textadept, Sublime Text, Geany, BBEdit, and XCode.
Some possible backwards compatibility issues:
* Changed <groups>, <clumps>, and <circular-clumps> to use slices.
* Removed <slicing-groups>, <slicing-clumps>, <slicing-circular-clumps>.
* Renamed editors.notepadpp to editors.notepad++.
For more details, please see the full announcement at: