Michael Burek | 1 Oct 03:51 2005

Re: cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

Looking at the syntax for cmd and doskey in WinXP:

For cmd, use the /c instead of /k option.
/k keeps the new cmd.exe (and history) in memory.
/c will close the new cmd.exe (and history from the new cmd.exe)
    at least, that what it seems like on my system.

Also, you can reset doskey with:
doskey /reinstall
but then you lose everthing

sam20martin wrote:

>All:
>
>Bat1 listing
>cmd /k "bat2"
>
>Bat2 listing
>set /p=var
>findstr /i "%var%" file
>exit
>
>Now .. I find that %var% is retained in Bat2's command history the next 
>time I run Bat1. I can arrow up in the bat2 shell and sure enuff, 
>there's my search term, which I had expected to be scrubbed. Obviously 
>I could set var= in Bat2 before I exit, but I'm mighty curious about 
>this.
>W2KPro, SP4
>
(Continue reading)

mercykamal | 3 Oct 16:46 2005
Picon

Re: cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

>
>  Hai All
any one tell me how to zip or compress folder and subfolder through dos
--
MercyKamal

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/D.ewlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   batchworld@...

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
batchworld-unsubscribe@... 
Michael Burek | 3 Oct 19:06 2005

Re: cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

As far as I know, you still have to download a program with a command 
line interface.  PkZip has been around a long time.  Just search on 
google for zip program command line, and you'll see plenty listed.

mercykamal wrote:

>> Hai All
>>    
>>
>any one tell me how to zip or compress folder and subfolder through dos
>--
>MercyKamal
>
>
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>To Post a message, send it to:   batchworld@...
>
>To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
batchworld-unsubscribe@... 
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> 
>
>
(Continue reading)

Morris, Lamar | 3 Oct 19:14 2005
Picon

RE: cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

Winzip has a free command line module that I use, you can download it
off their web page.

The following will zip files in a sub directory, run from a batch file.

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE" -a -ex -Jhrs -whs -P -r
C:\subdirectoryname\*.* c:\newdirectoryname\filename" 

You can get the different switches by typing wzzip /? After install.

You may not need all the switches I have defined.

Lamar

________________________________

From: batchworld@...
[mailto:batchworld@...] On
Behalf Of Michael Burek
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 12:06 PM
To: batchworld@...
Subject: Re: [BATCH WORLD] cmd /k "batch file" ; environment variable

As far as I know, you still have to download a program with a command 
line interface.  PkZip has been around a long time.  Just search on 
google for zip program command line, and you'll see plenty listed.

mercykamal wrote:

>> Hai All
(Continue reading)

Aristos Vasiliou | 3 Oct 23:30 2005
Picon

Default html editor

After the MS Office 2003 installation, the default html editor is Microsoft
Word 2003. Is there a batch file I can create, so that I can make Microsoft
FrontPage 2003 the default html editor?

It has to be a batch file and not done manually because it will be executed
during an unattended installation.

Thanks

Aristos

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/D.ewlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   batchworld@...

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
batchworld-unsubscribe@... 
foxidrive | 4 Oct 04:16 2005
Picon

Re: Default html editor

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 00:30:00 +0300, Aristos Vasiliou wrote:

> After the MS Office 2003 installation, the default html editor is Microsoft
> Word 2003. Is there a batch file I can create, so that I can make Microsoft
> FrontPage 2003 the default html editor?
> 
> It has to be a batch file and not done manually because it will be executed
> during an unattended installation.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Aristos

Here's a method I would use, if the info is not readily available.

Export the standard registry, make Microsoft FrontPage 2003 the default
html editor, and export the registry again.  Find the differences using
FC.EXE and make a .reg File to create them.

--

-- 
Regards,
Mic

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/D.ewlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   batchworld@...

(Continue reading)

Brian Lasch | 5 Oct 00:57 2005
Picon

Re: Default html editor

--- In batchworld@..., foxidrive <foxidrive <at> a...> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 00:30:00 +0300, Aristos Vasiliou wrote:
> 
> > After the MS Office 2003 installation, the default html editor is
Microsoft
> > Word 2003. Is there a batch file I can create, so that I can make
Microsoft
> > FrontPage 2003 the default html editor?
> > 
> > It has to be a batch file and not done manually because it will be
executed
> > during an unattended installation.
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > Aristos
> 
> Here's a method I would use, if the info is not readily available.
> 
> Export the standard registry, make Microsoft FrontPage 2003 the default
> html editor, and export the registry again.  Find the differences using
> FC.EXE and make a .reg File to create them.
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> Mic

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared\HTML\Default Editor 

Export this key after setting Frontpage as the default editor. Save it
(Continue reading)

fsips | 5 Oct 06:45 2005
Picon

Drag and drop - RunAs

Hey Guys,

How is everyone doing?

I'm trying to do something, but I'm not sure if it can be done or 
how to do it.

I would like to generate a batch file that will contain the WinXP 
runas command.

The user would be able to "drag and drop" and shortcut or an 
executable on to the batch file, it will then launch the program 
running as the credentials specified in the batch.  The user will 
only be prompted for the password, then the program will run.

The object is to allow the user to launch whatever application they 
want using different credentials, by only having to drag a shorcut 
or executable onto a batch file sitting on their desktop.  Other 
than the "Drag and drop" action, they'll be prompted for a password, 
and that's it.

The environment we are in requires the logging in with a non-
priveledged account, but since there are multiple applications that 
require alternate credential, it would be nice to just be able to 
drag and drop the desktop shortcut of the application needed onto a 
batch file that will execute the program, while passing the runas 
statement with all needed options and parameters.

Thank You for your help.

(Continue reading)

fsips | 5 Oct 03:15 2005
Picon

"Drag adn Drop" to launch application...

Anyone know how to write a batch/cmd file that you can drag and drop 
an application on to it and it will execute the program utilizing the 
runas command so a user will only have to supply a password and that's 
it.the batch or cmd you create should be able to launch any 
application dropped on to it.

Thanks,

Ian

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/D.ewlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   batchworld@...

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
batchworld-unsubscribe@... 
foxidrive | 5 Oct 07:18 2005
Picon

Re: "Drag adn Drop" to launch application...

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 01:15:10 -0000, fsips wrote:

> Anyone know how to write a batch/cmd file that you can drag and drop 
> an application on to it and it will execute the program utilizing the 
> runas command so a user will only have to supply a password and that's 
> it.the batch or cmd you create should be able to launch any 
> application dropped on to it.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Ian

Tsk tsk, I smell an assignment, Ian.  

As I see it you'd need to use the runas command and %1 where %1 holds the
drive:\path\application name.ext

--

-- 
Regards,
Mic

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/D.ewlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   batchworld@...

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
batchworld-unsubscribe@... 
(Continue reading)


Gmane