Aaron J. Seigo | 1 Nov 10:25 2011
Picon

Re: KDE 4.7.3 tarballs uploaded

On Monday, October 31, 2011 20:11:09 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Friday 28 October 2011 10:21:58 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > 
> > sorry for the late upload, I'm travelling and have a very bad connection.
> > I
> > just finished uploading 1sst try of KDE 4.7.3 tarballs. Please let me (and
> > kde-packager <at> kde.org) know about any major issues with them.
> > 
> > 
> > Targetted release date is tuesday or wednesday.
> 
> Dirk,
> I suggest to revert this commit[1] as it causes this bug[2]

i have a better solution (which doesn't reintroduce the original bug) and have 
committed it to both the 4.7 and master branches of kde-workspace.. the commit 
in the 4.7 branch is 285347

--

-- 
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks
On Monday, October 31, 2011 20:11:09 Andrea Scarpino wrote:
> On Friday 28 October 2011 10:21:58 Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > Hi guys,
(Continue reading)

Aaron J. Seigo | 1 Nov 15:07 2011
Picon

Re: KDE 4.7.3 tarballs uploaded

On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:25:59 you wrote:
> the commit in the 4.7 branch is 285347

c'n'p error, grabbed the wrong ref... try this instead:

	cbce41f094753fe75e9abd9d2ccd1d45d18b7a89

-- 
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks
On Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:25:59 you wrote:
> the commit in the 4.7 branch is 285347

c'n'p error, grabbed the wrong ref... try this instead:

	cbce41f094753fe75e9abd9d2ccd1d45d18b7a89

--

-- 
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks
Dirk Mueller | 1 Nov 15:28 2011
Picon

Re: KDE 4.7.3 tarballs uploaded

On Monday 31 October 2011, Andrea Scarpino wrote:

> I suggest to revert this commit[1] as it causes this bug[2]
> 
> [1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kde-
> workspace.git&a=commitdiff&h=8d59876457387d1c72ca3626ae2d267adf100014
> [2] https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285347

Hi Andrea, 

thanks for letting me know! I think the right fix was pushed already to the 
branch, so I just ref'ed to that revision instead: 

f65eafd8d1a48a16be272d5383b3e22a  kde-workspace-4.7.3.tar.bz2

Release announcement is delayed until tomorrow. 

Thanks,
Dirk
Romain Perier | 1 Nov 15:10 2011

Please tag kde-workspace

Hi,

Please tag kde-workspace with 4.7.3. Keep in mind this is useful for 
packagers.

Thanks in advance,
Romain

Aaron J. Seigo | 4 Nov 23:05 2011
Picon

Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

hi ..

we currently have libkactivities in kdelibs/experimental. due to upcoming 
changs and frameworks 5 development, it has been moved into its own git 
repository: kactivities.

i would like to request approval to remove it from kdelibs/experimental and 
make the kactivities repository a dependency for kde-workspace.

the benefits:

* libkworkspace drops 4 classes (essentially halfing it in size)
* we have one place for libkactivities so people don't continue to get 
confused

the drawbacks:

* a new module required for building kde-workspace

note that this module is already a dependency for the plasma-mobile 
repository.

--

-- 
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks
Allen Winter | 6 Nov 16:29 2011
Picon

Re: Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

On Friday 04 November 2011 6:05:28 PM Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi ..
> 
> we currently have libkactivities in kdelibs/experimental. due to upcoming 
> changs and frameworks 5 development, it has been moved into its own git 
> repository: kactivities.
> 
> i would like to request approval to remove it from kdelibs/experimental and 
> make the kactivities repository a dependency for kde-workspace.
> 
Do you mean to remove it from the kdelibs-4.7 branch?
it should definitely be removed from kdelibs-master, if it hasn't been already.

> the benefits:
> 
> * libkworkspace drops 4 classes (essentially halfing it in size)
> * we have one place for libkactivities so people don't continue to get 
> confused
> 
> the drawbacks:
> 
> * a new module required for building kde-workspace
> 
> note that this module is already a dependency for the plasma-mobile 
> repository.
> 
for the KDE SC 4.8 release, I think this is already the situation.
and for KDE SC 4.7.4 and above..  I guess that's something for the packagers.

(Continue reading)

Aaron J. Seigo | 7 Nov 16:18 2011
Picon

Re: Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

On Sunday, November 6, 2011 10:29:56 Allen Winter wrote:
> Do you mean to remove it from the kdelibs-4.7 branch?
> it should definitely be removed from kdelibs-master, if it hasn't been
> already.

KDE/4.7 and master are currently the same thing. so i'm requesting removal 
from both, essentially.

--

-- 
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks
Rex Dieter | 7 Nov 16:35 2011

Re: Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

On 11/04/2011 05:05 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> we currently have libkactivities in kdelibs/experimental. due to upcoming
> changs and frameworks 5 development, it has been moved into its own git
> repository: kactivities.
>
> i would like to request approval to remove it from kdelibs/experimental and
> make the kactivities repository a dependency for kde-workspace.

+1, ok with me...

-- rex

Albert Astals Cid | 7 Nov 16:35 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

A Dilluns, 7 de novembre de 2011, Aaron J. Seigo vàreu escriure:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2011 10:29:56 Allen Winter wrote:
> > Do you mean to remove it from the kdelibs-4.7 branch?
> > it should definitely be removed from kdelibs-master, if it hasn't been
> > already.
> 
> KDE/4.7 and master are currently the same thing. so i'm requesting removal
> from both, essentially.

I can see a problem with the next 4.7.x release then :-/ I mean i'm all for 
dropiing killing changing experimental libs, but not between 4.7.3 and 4.7.4

Maybe we should really resurrect the existence of a master 4.8?

Albert

> 
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> humru othro a kohnu se
> GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43
> 
> KDE core developer sponsored by Qt Development Frameworks

Sebastian Kügler | 7 Nov 16:48 2011
Picon

Re: Request: remove libkactivites from kdelibs (in experimental/)

On Friday, November 04, 2011 23:05:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> we currently have libkactivities in kdelibs/experimental. due to upcoming 
> changs and frameworks 5 development, it has been moved into its own git 
> repository: kactivities.
> 
> i would like to request approval to remove it from kdelibs/experimental
> and  make the kactivities repository a dependency for kde-workspace.
> 
> the benefits:
> 
> * libkworkspace drops 4 classes (essentially halfing it in size)
> * we have one place for libkactivities so people don't continue to get 
> confused
> 
> the drawbacks:
> 
> * a new module required for building kde-workspace
> 
> note that this module is already a dependency for the plasma-mobile 
> repository.

If we can recreate the tarballs as we used to, and Dirk indicated we can, then 
I think this is a good solution to this headaching problem. We promised 
packagers not to break up tarball layouts before Frameworks 5 any further, but 
we can split up repos as long as we keep reassembling them for releases, which 
is already the case for kdegraphics, for example.

Cheers,
--

-- 
sebas
(Continue reading)


Gmane