Alexandre Racine | 2 May 20:58 2007
Picon

problem playing videos...

Hi all,

Lately, I wanted to correct problems with digiKam and videos. Thumbnails of videos where not there, and the default video player is the image editor.

Going to the FAQ, the thumbnails are now working! Thanks. But I still can't work out the default video player.

So when I click on a video, it is running the normal image viewer. Going in kcontrol then to KDE Components/File Associations, then video, then x-msvideo. The first application listed here is Kaffeine.

Everything works great in Konkeror.

Anyone has any idear what is wrong? Thanks.

Ubuntu 7.04
digiKam 0.9.1



--
Alexandre Racine
www.salsamontreal.com - La référence Salsa!
www.alexandreracine.com - Site perso.

_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users@...
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users
Andy Choens | 2 May 21:14 2007
Picon

Re: problem playing videos...

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 02:58:39 pm Alexandre Racine wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Lately, I wanted to correct problems with digiKam and videos. Thumbnails of
> videos where not there, and the default video player is the image editor.

That's not good.

> 
> Going to the FAQ, the thumbnails are now working! Thanks. But I still can't
> work out the default video player.
> 

Oddly, on mine, the thumbnails are not working. But, the video works like a 
charm.

> Everything works great in Konkeror.
So, I am guessing that Konqueror uses Kaffeine to watch the video. Am I 
correct?

> 
> Anyone has any idear what is wrong? Thanks.
> 
Possibly. Do you have KMplayer installed? When I play a video, Digikam embed 
KMplayer, not Kaffeine, even though Kaffeine is the default video player on 
my computer. If you don't have KMplayer installed, I would try installing it 
and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, check to make sure 
KMplayer is working correctly.

I'm running Feisty too.
--andy
Gilles Caulier | 2 May 21:45 2007
Picon

Re: problem playing videos...



2007/5/2, Andy Choens <andy.choens-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>:
On Wednesday 02 May 2007 02:58:39 pm Alexandre Racine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Lately, I wanted to correct problems with digiKam and videos. Thumbnails of
> videos where not there, and the default video player is the image editor.

That's not good.


>
> Going to the FAQ, the thumbnails are now working! Thanks. But I still can't
> work out the default video player.
>

Oddly, on mine, the thumbnails are not working.

Check FAQ. Problem already reported.
 

But, the video works like a
charm.

> Everything works great in Konkeror.
So, I am guessing that Konqueror uses Kaffeine to watch the video. Am I
correct?

>
> Anyone has any idear what is wrong? Thanks.
>
Possibly. Do you have KMplayer installed? When I play a video, Digikam embed
KMplayer, not Kaffeine, even though Kaffeine is the default video player on
my computer.

To be clear, digiKam use the first video service found in mime type KDE settings (set in kcontrol center)
 
If you don't have KMplayer installed, I would try installing it
and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, check to make sure
KMplayer is working correctly.

In my computer, kaffeine, and kmplayer are installed and both can be used to play video, depending of the settings.

I run Mandriva 2007, and i have installed all proprietary codecs to play video (like avi, mov, mpg, etc.)
 
Gilles Caulier
_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users@...
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users
Howard | 2 May 21:57 2007
Picon

Cannot download to albums

When I try to download to any album I get error message

Album name cannot contain '/'.

even though there are no / in the name.

I'm on sabayon ( gentoo )  with HP A430 printer/camera system.

Please can anyone help 

Thanks

Howard
Gilles Caulier | 2 May 22:24 2007
Picon

Re: Cannot download to albums

Witch digiKam release you use ?

Gilles Caulier

2007/5/2, Howard <fbaggins-zLKRkbt3P8esTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org>:
When I try to download to any album I get error message

Album name cannot contain '/'.

even though there are no / in the name.

I'm on sabayon ( gentoo )  with HP A430 printer/camera system.

Please can anyone help

Thanks

Howard





_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users-RoXCvvDuEio@public.gmane.org
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users

_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users@...
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users
Howard | 2 May 22:38 2007
Picon

Cannot download to albums

I got this error with the version which was installed with sabayon 3.3, I 
think it was 6.x, but I upgraded to 9.1 and still the same error

thanks for your promt reply

Howard
Howard | 2 May 23:04 2007
Picon

Re: Cannot download to albums

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 21:38:07 Howard wrote:
> I got this error with the version which was installed with sabayon 3.3, I
> think it was 6.x, but I upgraded to 9.1 and still the same error
>
> thanks for your promt reply
>
> Howard
> _______________________________________________
> Digikam-users mailing list
> Digikam-users@...
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users

Same error with my fuji s5500
Alexandre Racine | 2 May 23:08 2007
Picon

Re: problem playing videos...

Hi Gilles and Andy (and all),

Andy, check the FAQ for the thumbnails.

For the videos, I can actually play them without any problem with a right-click, open with, there is a list of video players. In VLC, Kaffeine, xgine, Mplayer, watever they all work. The problem is that the default player with a simple click is the same software that is used for viewing the pictures.

Now going in KDE control center - Components/File Associations, video, x-msvideo witch has the *.AVI, *.avi extensions shows the softwares that will run video. Like I said, everything works in Konkeror.

What else could it be?

Thanks.


On 5/2/07, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:


2007/5/2, Andy Choens <andy.choens-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>:
On Wednesday 02 May 2007 02:58:39 pm Alexandre Racine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Lately, I wanted to correct problems with digiKam and videos. Thumbnails of
> videos where not there, and the default video player is the image editor.

That's not good.


>
> Going to the FAQ, the thumbnails are now working! Thanks. But I still can't
> work out the default video player.
>

Oddly, on mine, the thumbnails are not working.

Check FAQ. Problem already reported.
 

But, the video works like a
charm.

> Everything works great in Konkeror.
So, I am guessing that Konqueror uses Kaffeine to watch the video. Am I
correct?

>
> Anyone has any idear what is wrong? Thanks.
>
Possibly. Do you have KMplayer installed? When I play a video, Digikam embed
KMplayer, not Kaffeine, even though Kaffeine is the default video player on
my computer.

To be clear, digiKam use the first video service found in mime type KDE settings (set in kcontrol center)
 
If you don't have KMplayer installed, I would try installing it
and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, check to make sure
KMplayer is working correctly.

In my computer, kaffeine, and kmplayer are installed and both can be used to play video, depending of the settings.

I run Mandriva 2007, and i have installed all proprietary codecs to play video (like avi, mov, mpg, etc.)
 
Gilles Caulier

_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users-RoXCvvDuEio@public.gmane.org
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users




--
Alexandre Racine
www.salsamontreal.com - La référence Salsa!
www.alexandreracine.com - Site perso.
_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users@...
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users
Tommaso Schiavinotto | 3 May 00:40 2007
Picon

Error on compilation

Hi,

I have an error trying to compile digikam from svn, I attach the output, 
can someone help me?

--Tommaso

make[5]: Entering directory `/home/tommaso/digikam/graphics/digikam/libs/widgets/metadata'
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin/moc ./metadatalistview.h -o metadatalistview.moc
if /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
-I../../../.. -I../../../../digikam/libs/dmetadata -I../../../../digikam/libs/dimg
-I../../../../digikam/digikam  -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include -I.  
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
-Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security
-Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common
-DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION
-DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -MT metadatalistview.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/metadatalistview.Tpo" -c -o
metadatalistview.lo metadatalistview.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/metadatalistview.Tpo" ".deps/metadatalistview.Plo"; else rm -f
".deps/metadatalistview.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
metadatawidget.h:94: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:94: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:94: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type
metadatawidget.h:95: error: type 'Digikam::DMetadata' is not derived from type 'Digikam::MetadataWidget'
metadatawidget.h:95: error: expected ';' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:97: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:97: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:97: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type
metadatawidget.h:98: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:98: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:99: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type
metadatawidget.h:99: error: 'void Digikam::MetadataWidget::setIfdList(int)' cannot be overloaded
metadatawidget.h:97: error: with 'void Digikam::MetadataWidget::setIfdList(int)'
metadatalistview.h:55: error: 'class Digikam::DMetadata::MetaDataMap' has not been declared
metadatalistview.h:56: error: 'class Digikam::DMetadata::MetaDataMap' has not been declared
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: variable or field 'setIfdList' declared void
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: 'int Digikam::MetadataListView::setIfdList' is not a static
member of 'class Digikam::MetadataListView'
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: 'MetaDataMap' is not a member of 'Digikam::DMetadata'
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
metadatalistview.cpp:131: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token
metadatalistview.moc:103: error: expected `}' at end of input
make[5]: *** [metadatalistview.lo] Error 1
_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users@...
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users
Gilles Caulier | 3 May 07:51 2007
Picon

Re: Error on compilation

Tommaso,

Please use libkexiv2 from svn trunk, and all will be fine...

Gilles Caulier


2007/5/3, Tommaso Schiavinotto <mynos_main-whZMOeQn8C0@public.gmane.org >:
Hi,

I have an error trying to compile digikam from svn, I attach the output,
can someone help me?

--Tommaso



make[5]: Entering directory `/home/tommaso/digikam/graphics/digikam/libs/widgets/metadata'
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin/moc ./metadatalistview.h -o metadatalistview.moc
if /bin/sh ../../../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../../.. -I../../../../digikam/libs/dmetadata -I../../../../digikam/libs/dimg -I../../../../digikam/digikam  -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/lib/qt- 3.3/include -I.   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -MT metadatalistview.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/metadatalistview.Tpo" -c -o metadatalistview.lo metadatalistview.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/metadatalistview.Tpo" ".deps/metadatalistview.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/metadatalistview.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
metadatawidget.h:94: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:94: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:94: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type
metadatawidget.h:95: error: type 'Digikam::DMetadata' is not derived from type 'Digikam::MetadataWidget'
metadatawidget.h:95: error: expected ';' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h :97: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:97: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:97: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type
metadatawidget.h:98: error: expected unqualified-id before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:98: error: expected ',' or '...' before '&' token
metadatawidget.h:99: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'parameter' with no type
metadatawidget.h:99: error: 'void Digikam::MetadataWidget::setIfdList(int)' cannot be overloaded
metadatawidget.h:97: error: with 'void Digikam::MetadataWidget::setIfdList(int)'
metadatalistview.h :55: error: 'class Digikam::DMetadata::MetaDataMap' has not been declared
metadatalistview.h:56: error: 'class Digikam::DMetadata::MetaDataMap' has not been declared
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: variable or field 'setIfdList' declared void
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: 'int Digikam::MetadataListView::setIfdList' is not a static member of 'class Digikam::MetadataListView'
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: 'MetaDataMap' is not a member of 'Digikam::DMetadata'
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
metadatalistview.cpp:130: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
metadatalistview.cpp:131: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token
metadatalistview.moc:103: error: expected `}' at end of input
make[5]: *** [metadatalistview.lo] Error 1

_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users-RoXCvvDuEio@public.gmane.org
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users


_______________________________________________
Digikam-users mailing list
Digikam-users@...
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users

Gmane