Thomas Arendsen Hein | 1 Jul 11:57 2010
Picon

Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

Hi!

I just uploaded the final release of Kolab Server 2.2.4, which contains
about 20 enhancements and fixes compared to the previous release.

Updated packages of ClamAV, OpenSSL, Apache and PHP fix various security
issues.

Upgrading from 2.2.3 should be straightforward, but make sure you follow
the upgrade instructions in 1st.README if you are upgrading by using the
.src.rpm files together with binary RPMs from existing installations.

Documentation and OpenPKG packages are available from
http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.2.4/
as shown on http://kolab.org/download.html and from the mirrors
listed on http://kolab.org/mirrors.html

http://files.kolab.org/RSYNC.txt explains how to get (or mirror)
the files via rsync.

All files updated since 2.2.4 are available in the directory
server/development-2.2/20100629-since-20091217/

You can check the integrity of the downloaded files by importing our file
distribution key and verify the OpenPGP signature and SHA1 checksums:

$ wget https://ssl.intevation.de/Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --import Intevation-Distribution-Key.asc
$ gpg --verify SHA1SUMS.sig
$ sha1sum -c SHA1SUMS
(Continue reading)

Gavin McCullagh | 1 Jul 12:09 2010
Picon

[issue4176] was Re: Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:

> I just uploaded the final release of Kolab Server 2.2.4, which contains
> about 20 enhancements and fixes compared to the previous release.

Am I right in saying that the fix to install-kolab.sh detailed in this bug
has not been included -- or has it been fixed in some other way?  I was
assured last week that this bug-fix would be in this release.

	https://issues.kolab.org/issue4176

Gavin
Gavin McCullagh | 1 Jul 12:12 2010
Picon

Re: [issue4176] was Re: Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> 
> > I just uploaded the final release of Kolab Server 2.2.4, which contains
> > about 20 enhancements and fixes compared to the previous release.
> 
> Am I right in saying that the fix to install-kolab.sh detailed in this bug
> has not been included -- or has it been fixed in some other way?  I was
> assured last week that this bug-fix would be in this release.
> 
> 	https://issues.kolab.org/issue4176

On reflection, I do see 

  - kolabd-2.2.4-20100624
	[...]
	kolab/issue4176 (Adding RSS feed to Horde breaks portal screen)

so I guess it's fixed?

Gavin
Gavin McCullagh | 1 Jul 13:01 2010
Picon

aliases of various types

Hi,

we've finally started moving over to our new kolab server and have a domain
functioning on v2.2.3.

Previously (on a kolab v1), we tended to use /etc/aliases fairly heavily.
This was probably not ideal, but it allowed us to do lots of useful things
like:

 - where <user> left the organisation, forward their mail to <newuser>
	<user>: <newuser>
 - create simple distribution lists:
	<listname>: <localuser1>, <localuser2>, <remoteuser1>, ....
 - create simple name aliases:
	<nickname>: <realname>
	<nickname>: <remote_realname>
 - Copy all email to <user1> to <user2> and possibly <remoteuser1>
	<user1>: <user1>, <user2>, <remoteuser1>

So in summary, the left hand side is always a local address, but not
necessarily one which exists as an account.  Right right hand side is a
list of email destinations which could include local addresses and remote
addresses on other servers.

How are these use cases best dealt with in Kolab now?  Our enormous aliases
file is not a good situation and I'd like to move us more toward what Kolab
intends.

Thanks in advance,

(Continue reading)

Gavin McCullagh | 1 Jul 13:14 2010
Picon

Re: aliases of various types


oops.  Sorry for the inadvertent thread hijacking.

Gavin
Thomas Arendsen Hein | 1 Jul 16:25 2010
Picon

Re: was Re: Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

* Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh <at> gcd.ie> [20100701 12:12]:
> On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> 
> > On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> > 
> > > I just uploaded the final release of Kolab Server 2.2.4, which contains
> > > about 20 enhancements and fixes compared to the previous release.
> > 
> > Am I right in saying that the fix to install-kolab.sh detailed in this bug
> > has not been included -- or has it been fixed in some other way?  I was
> > assured last week that this bug-fix would be in this release.
> > 
> > 	https://issues.kolab.org/issue4176
> 
> On reflection, I do see 
> 
>   - kolabd-2.2.4-20100624
> 	[...]
> 	kolab/issue4176 (Adding RSS feed to Horde breaks portal screen)
> 
> so I guess it's fixed?

Yes, adding the define to install-kolab.sh was just a quick hack, it
was added to kolabd as a dependency.

Regards,
Thomas

--

-- 
thomas <at> intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
(Continue reading)

Carsten Burghardt | 1 Jul 16:36 2010

Re: Next Suse Kolab version?

Zitat von Richard Bos <ml <at> radoeka.nl>:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Op dinsdag 30 maart 2010 10:57:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
>> I am currently in the process to move my Kolab installation (2.2.2) to
>> another server and noticed that 2.2.3 is not available for the Suse
>> packages. According to the explanation on the Suse webpage this is
>> because only the trunk version is packaged. Does anybody know when the
>> packages will be updated? I am a bit hesistant to setup a new server
>> based on a version which is already outdated.
>
> I guess that I should now that, as I package kolab for openSUSE.  I  
> don't have
> the intention to package 2.2.3 as that is rather different than trunk.  I
> think that kolab:unstable is up to date till about 2 - 4 weeks ago.
>
> I'm a little confused at the moment, because I see commits to files that I
> expect to the appear at http://pear.horde.org, but are added as patches to
> kolab openpkg rpms.  I hope that these updates are transferred to
> http://pear.horde.org before kolab-2.3 is released.  If the patches are not
> transferred, it will be difficult to create suse rpms of the kolab-2.3
> release.  But that is the answer, if al goes well openSUSE kolab rpms will be
> provided when kolab-2.3 is released.  They should appear in their own stable
> repository (e.g. server:Kolab:Kolab_2_3

I have seen that Kolab 2.2.4 has just been released but the packages  
in the repository from Suse are still from February. Am I missing  
something?

(Continue reading)

Christoph Wickert | 1 Jul 16:40 2010

New release coordinator

Hello world,

I'm happy to announce that I have taken over the coordination of the Kolab 
server releases.

From now on I will coordinate the development roadmap and the release 
schedules, but I will not necessarily be a developer and I will by no means 
dictate the direction of development. Instead, I want to gather input from the 
community ans ask for feedback cause this is the kind of collaborative  
development that I know to make projects become successful.

Thomas and I have worked hard on the Kolab server 2.2.4 release and I'm happy 
that we were able to release it today. It was a great opportunity for me to 
learn something about the Kolab release process.

I'd like to thank Thomas for all his work as the development coordinator in 
the past and for the help he still gives me. He will continue to back me up 
when I'm not available, but please raise all your problems, bugs, concerns and 
ideas primary to me instead of Thomas so that he can focus on development 
again.

I'm looking forward to work with the Kolab community!

Regards,
Christoph

--

-- 
Christoph Wickert
Senior Engineer

(Continue reading)

Gavin McCullagh | 1 Jul 16:56 2010
Picon

Re: was Re: Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

Hi,

On Thu, 01 Jul 2010, Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:

> >   - kolabd-2.2.4-20100624
> > 	[...]
> > 	kolab/issue4176 (Adding RSS feed to Horde breaks portal screen)
> > 
> > so I guess it's fixed?
> 
> Yes, adding the define to install-kolab.sh was just a quick hack, it
> was added to kolabd as a dependency.

That's great, thanks.

Gavin
Richard Bos | 1 Jul 22:48 2010
Picon

Re: Next Suse Kolab version?

Hello Carsten,

Op donderdag 01 juli 2010 16:36:17 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> I have seen that Kolab 2.2.4 has just been released but the packages  
> in the repository from Suse are still from February. Am I missing  
> something?

You're not missing something.  Over the last months I've come to conclusion to 
I'm no longer able to build and maintain the packages that make up Kolab.  It 
is too much work and my current activities no longer allow me to spent so much 
time on Kolab.  Perhaps someone else can pick up where I left, it is in the 
build server, so it is easy to take over the project.  I'll continue to follow 
the emaillist and as such I'm around for questions.

Hopefully, Kolab will be packaged in future with the build service, so it is 
available for many distributions including hopefully openSUSE.

Sorry for the disappointing message.

--

-- 
Regards,

Richard

Gmane