Richard Bos | 1 May 12:15 2009
Picon

Re: kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Op donderdag 30 april 2009 21:41:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> > What version of perl-ldap to you have? I found this link
> > https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1755
>
> Well, the version is perl-ldap-0.39-5.2 from the kolab suse repository but
> it does not contain the fix. Thanks for spotting this. I assume the package
> is too old.

It's not.  I have the same and it is working fine.
kolab2:~ # rpm -q perl-ldap
perl-ldap-0.39-5.3

At the moment I can't think of a reason why you can't start ldap.  I believe I 
have seen the same thing, perhaps it is mentioned in issue1755.

--

-- 
Richard
Richard Bos | 1 May 15:11 2009
Picon

Re: kolab - opensuse 11.1

Op donderdag 30 april 2009 22:07:41 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> Am Donnerstag, 2. April 2009 13:01:32 schrieb Richard Bos:
> > Hello Steven,
> >
> > Op donderdag 02 april 2009 02:45:31 schreef u:
> > > I have been struggling with the install given on this page:
> > > http://en.opensuse.org/kolab
> > >
> > > I have tried the instructions with opensuse 11.0 and  11.1
> > >
> > > postfix is bouncing my mail with a php error:
> > >
> > >  83EE81AE1FA: to=<user1 <at> hd.net>, relay=kolabfilter, delay=0.21,
> > > delays=0.09/0/0/0.11, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with
> > > status 1: "/usr/bin/php5". Command output: Could not open input file:
> > > /usr/bin/kolabfilter )
> >
> > Does this file /usr/bin/kolabfilter exists?
> > # ls -l /usr/bin/kolabfilter
> >
> > What version of kolab do you have installed:
> > # rpm -q kolab kolab-filter
> >
> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/cleanup[7318]: B445B1AE1FD:
> > > message-id=<20090401225948.B445B1AE1FD <at> sft.hd.net>
> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/bounce[7321]: 83EE81AE1FA: sender
> > > non-delivery notification: B445B1AE1FD
> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/qmgr[7190]: B445B1AE1FD: from=<>,
> > > size=2243, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/qmgr[7190]: 83EE81AE1FA: removed
(Continue reading)

Thomas Spuhler | 2 May 03:14 2009

Re: kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

On Friday 01 May 2009, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op donderdag 30 april 2009 21:41:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> > > What version of perl-ldap to you have? I found this link
> > > https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1755
> >
> > Well, the version is perl-ldap-0.39-5.2 from the kolab suse repository
> > but it does not contain the fix. Thanks for spotting this. I assume the
> > package is too old.
>
> It's not.  I have the same and it is working fine.
> kolab2:~ # rpm -q perl-ldap
> perl-ldap-0.39-5.3
>
> At the moment I can't think of a reason why you can't start ldap.  I
> believe I have seen the same thing, perhaps it is mentioned in issue1755.

you have -5.3 vs. -5.2
different build but what else?

--

-- 
Thomas
Richard Bos | 2 May 11:02 2009
Picon

Re: kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Op zaterdag 02 mei 2009 03:14:08 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> On Friday 01 May 2009, Richard Bos wrote:
> > Op donderdag 30 april 2009 21:41:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> > > > What version of perl-ldap to you have? I found this link
> > > > https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1755
> > >
> > > Well, the version is perl-ldap-0.39-5.2 from the kolab suse repository
> > > but it does not contain the fix. Thanks for spotting this. I assume the
> > > package is too old.
> >
> > It's not.  I have the same and it is working fine.
> > kolab2:~ # rpm -q perl-ldap
> > perl-ldap-0.39-5.3
> >
> > At the moment I can't think of a reason why you can't start ldap.  I
> > believe I have seen the same thing, perhaps it is mentioned in issue1755.
>
> you have -5.3 vs. -5.2
> different build but what else?

That's a very minimal difference.  That number is added by the openSUSE build 
service, when a build is restarted.  This might be triggered by a package that 
is needed as build dependency for the perl-ldap package.

--

-- 
Richard
Carsten Burghardt | 4 May 07:15 2009

Re: kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Quoting "Richard Bos" <ml <at> radoeka.nl>:

> Op zaterdag 02 mei 2009 03:14:08 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
>> On Friday 01 May 2009, Richard Bos wrote:
>> > Op donderdag 30 april 2009 21:41:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
>> > > > What version of perl-ldap to you have? I found this link
>> > > > https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1755
>> > >
>> > > Well, the version is perl-ldap-0.39-5.2 from the kolab suse repository
>> > > but it does not contain the fix. Thanks for spotting this. I assume the
>> > > package is too old.
>> >
>> > It's not.  I have the same and it is working fine.
>> > kolab2:~ # rpm -q perl-ldap
>> > perl-ldap-0.39-5.3
>> >
>> > At the moment I can't think of a reason why you can't start ldap.  I
>> > believe I have seen the same thing, perhaps it is mentioned in issue1755.
>>
>> you have -5.3 vs. -5.2
>> different build but what else?
>
> That's a very minimal difference.  That number is added by the openSUSE build
> service, when a build is restarted.  This might be triggered by a  
> package that
> is needed as build dependency for the perl-ldap package.

Well, I installed the package from the kolab suse repository and at  
least on my system the patch is not included. Once I patched it  
manually the cookie parsing problem was gone.
(Continue reading)

Carsten Burghardt | 4 May 09:30 2009

Re: kolab - opensuse 11.1

Quoting "Richard Bos" <ml <at> radoeka.nl>:

> Op donderdag 30 april 2009 22:07:41 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
>> Am Donnerstag, 2. April 2009 13:01:32 schrieb Richard Bos:
>> > Hello Steven,
>> >
>> > Op donderdag 02 april 2009 02:45:31 schreef u:
>> > > I have been struggling with the install given on this page:
>> > > http://en.opensuse.org/kolab
>> > >
>> > > I have tried the instructions with opensuse 11.0 and  11.1
>> > >
>> > > postfix is bouncing my mail with a php error:
>> > >
>> > >  83EE81AE1FA: to=<user1 <at> hd.net>, relay=kolabfilter, delay=0.21,
>> > > delays=0.09/0/0/0.11, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with
>> > > status 1: "/usr/bin/php5". Command output: Could not open input file:
>> > > /usr/bin/kolabfilter )
>> >
>> > Does this file /usr/bin/kolabfilter exists?
>> > # ls -l /usr/bin/kolabfilter
>> >
>> > What version of kolab do you have installed:
>> > # rpm -q kolab kolab-filter
>> >
>> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/cleanup[7318]: B445B1AE1FD:
>> > > message-id=<20090401225948.B445B1AE1FD <at> sft.hd.net>
>> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/bounce[7321]: 83EE81AE1FA: sender
>> > > non-delivery notification: B445B1AE1FD
>> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/qmgr[7190]: B445B1AE1FD: from=<>,
(Continue reading)

Bernhard Reiter | 4 May 10:34 2009
Picon

Re: Blackberry, Horde, Thunderbird, Outlook co-existence

Am Freitag, 17. April 2009 18:43:28 schrieb Tom Malone:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Tom Malone wrote:
> >> The main problems we have with the current setup are the two Inbox
> >> folders in Horde and Thunderbird
> >
> > What exactely are the issues?
> > Note that with IMAP email can come in from almost any folder.
> > So having a folder called "Inbox" should be fine (in addition to the top
> > folder which could be displayed differently). We probably will change
> > Horde to behave in this respect.
>
> The issue is that Outlook with the Toltec connector would like mail to
> be deposited into the user INBOX folder.  It would then like to POP the
> mail out of that folder and sync it back to another folder INBOX/Inbox.
>
> In Outlook the user only has one Inbox where all mail is delivered.
> However, when the user then switches over to Horde the reality of the
> server is revealed.  The user will see two folders named Inbox.
>
> One Inbox has their mail from Outlook and the other Inbox has new mail
> that they have not seen.  This is VERY confusing to the user.

I think one important step is to point out the technical problem Outlook, 
Blackberry or other clients have here. With IMAP, any folder can contain 
fresh emails, any IMAP client must be ready to cope with it. However this is 
the mid and long term solution to switch to clients which are more IMAP 
ready. (E.g. Kontact on Windows.)

> In order to provide a view that is similar to Outlook the two Inbox
(Continue reading)

Richard Bos | 4 May 22:41 2009
Picon

Re: kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Op maandag 04 mei 2009 07:15:28 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> > Op zaterdag 02 mei 2009 03:14:08 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> >> On Friday 01 May 2009, Richard Bos wrote:
> >> > Op donderdag 30 april 2009 21:41:23 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> >> > > > What version of perl-ldap to you have? I found this link
> >> > > > https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1755
> >> > >
> >> > > Well, the version is perl-ldap-0.39-5.2 from the kolab suse
> >> > > repository but it does not contain the fix. Thanks for spotting
> >> > > this. I assume the package is too old.
> >> >
> >> > It's not.  I have the same and it is working fine.
> >> > kolab2:~ # rpm -q perl-ldap
> >> > perl-ldap-0.39-5.3
> >> >
> >> > At the moment I can't think of a reason why you can't start ldap.  I
> >> > believe I have seen the same thing, perhaps it is mentioned in
> >> > issue1755.
> >>
> >> you have -5.3 vs. -5.2
> >> different build but what else?
> >
> > That's a very minimal difference.  That number is added by the openSUSE
> > build service, when a build is restarted.  This might be triggered by a
> > package that
> > is needed as build dependency for the perl-ldap package.
>
> Well, I installed the package from the kolab suse repository and at  
> least on my system the patch is not included. Once I patched it  
> manually the cookie parsing problem was gone.
(Continue reading)

Richard Bos | 4 May 22:44 2009
Picon

Re: kolab - opensuse 11.1

Hello Carsten,

Op maandag 04 mei 2009 09:30:45 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> >> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/cleanup[7318]: B445B1AE1FD:
> >> > > message-id=<20090401225948.B445B1AE1FD <at> sft.hd.net>
> >> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/bounce[7321]: 83EE81AE1FA: sender
> >> > > non-delivery notification: B445B1AE1FD
> >> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/qmgr[7190]: B445B1AE1FD: from=<>,
> >> > > size=2243, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> >> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/qmgr[7190]: 83EE81AE1FA: removed
> >> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/pipe[7323]: B445B1AE1FD:
> >> > > to=<sft <at> hd.net>, relay=kolabmailboxfilter, delay=0.11,
> >> > > delays=0.04/0.01/0/0.06, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died
> >> > > with status 1:
> >> > > "/usr/bin/php5". Command output: Could not open input file:
> >> > > /usr/bin/kolabmailboxfilter )
> >> > > Apr  1 18:59:48 sft postfix/qmgr[7190]: B445B1AE1FD: removed
> >> > >
> >> > > What am I doing wrong?
> >> >
> >> > See questions as above, does the file exists
> >> > (/usr/bin/kolabmailboxfilter)
> >> >
> >> > # rpm -qf /usr/bin/kolabmailboxfilter
> >>
> >> Those files do not exist on my upgraded system (10.3). What package
> >> should include them?
> >
> > On 10.3 I think it is:
> > /var/lib/kolab/kolab-filter/kolabmailboxfilter.php, but that is a big
(Continue reading)

Richard Bos | 4 May 22:49 2009
Picon

Re: kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Op maandag 04 mei 2009 22:41:04 schreef Richard Bos:
> I have updated the package on the build server

You can find it in the devel:languages:perl repository:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/perl/openSUSE_10.3/repodata/
You need version 0.39-9.1 or higher!

--

-- 
Richard

Gmane