Ronny Bolzendahl | 1 Mar 12:02 2005
Picon

RE: IMAP direct


> -----Original Message-----
> From: kolab-users-bounces <at> kolab.org 
> [mailto:kolab-users-bounces <at> kolab.org] On Behalf Of Martin Konold
> Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:51 AM
> To: kolab users
> Subject: Re: IMAP direct
> 
> Am Montag, 28. Februar 2005 22:06 schrieb UK Linux:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> > > As mentioned before on this mailing list you can simply use the 
> > > HOSTNAME of your machine as the email domain for your test setup.
> >
> > Well i'm getting confused. That is indeed what i'm doing 
> already - the 
> > only name is 'airemail' but this is what you said before:
> 

> Ok, I should have better written the "fully qualified 
> hostname" like myhostname.mydomain.com. The resulting email 
> addresses then look like firstname.lastname <at> myhostname.mydomain.com.
> 

Well, just finished the setup of kolab2 beta2 from source on a SuSE 9.0.
"kolab_bootsrap -b"'ed it and used a short hostname (nethat in this case).
Worked perfectly.

I even have to say that I ran into a problem using the FQH wich would have
(Continue reading)

Ivor | 1 Mar 16:11 2005
Picon

help installing Kolab

Hi,

please can someone tell me where I am going wrong. I have downloaded all the files from http://ftp.kolab.org/kolab/server/development/current/sources/

I copy the files to /kolabtemp, I then mkdir /usr/local/kolab.
I then ln -s /usr/local/kolab /kolab

this creates the soft link

I then run :

sh obmtool kolab and this is what i get:

    ./obmtool kolab
    ---- boot/build TestServ %kolab ----
    obmtool:NOTICE: did not find openpkg/rpm executable. Checking/fetching binary sh.
    obmtool:NOTICE: did not find binary sh. Checking/fetching source sh.
    OpenPKG 2.2-SOLID Source Bootstrap Package, version 2.2.1
    Building for prefix /kolab on current platform
    ++ extracting OpenPKG source distribution
    openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh:ERROR: failed to unpack into directory "openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src"
    /tmp/obmtool.6229.tmp: line 440: /kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.*-*-*.sh: No such file or directory
    obmtool:ERROR: bootstrapping failed

Now I am Logged in as root
/ has 31Gb available space
    it creates /kolab
    with the following sub directories:
        RPM
        PKG
        SRC
        TMP

    it also copies the following files into

        PKG :

            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.rpm
            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh

        and TMP

            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src
            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh

        and that is as far as it gets.

I have tried several different distributions:

   Fedora Core 2,  Fedora Core 3
   RHEL3 and Rhel 4.
   The only one i have got it to compile on is Mandrake 10.1

Any ideas where to look??

Are there possible special packages that must be in the installation?
the test box is a Penrium celeron 2Ghz, with 512 Mb Ram and a 40 Gb Hard Drive


_______________________________________________
Kolab-users mailing list
Kolab-users <at> kolab.org
https://kolab.org/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users
Bernhard Reiter | 1 Mar 16:24 2005
Picon

Re: IMAP direct

On Monday 28 February 2005 12:55, UK Linux wrote:
> Please confirm that i'm being told that Kolab requires that the server on
> which it's running have a full domain set-up. If so, there must be a way of
> simulating this such that it satifies Kolab, since obviously we cannot make
> fundamental changes to our network before even being able to evaluate the
> software.

It *should* work without a full domain set-up, you can use fully qualified
domain names of your server.

> If the domain name has some connection with ldap authentication, it surely
> can't be too difficult to investigate this and put it right

Yes I also expect that DNS is not really your problem, but something else.
It might be related or triggered by you using a single "dc=" component.

However this is quite hard to diagnose without access to the system.
If you enable one of our technicians to have access to this machine
I am confident that we can further diagnose the problem.
However of course I need to get our costs replaced for such an individual service
as there are too many people who want it.

BTW: It did not see your answer to the imap creation test I suggested on the 24th.

Best,
Bernhard

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 2898 bytes
_______________________________________________
Kolab-users mailing list
Kolab-users <at> kolab.org
https://kolab.org/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users
Bernhard Reiter | 1 Mar 16:42 2005
Picon

Re: help installing Kolab

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 16:11, Ivor wrote:
> please can someone tell me where I am going wrong. I have downloaded all
> the files from
> http://ftp.kolab.org/kolab/server/development/current/sources/
>
> I copy the files to /kolabtemp, I then mkdir /usr/local/kolab.
> I then ln -s /usr/local/kolab /kolab
>
> this creates the soft link
>
> I then run :
>
> sh obmtool kolab and this is what i get:
>
>     ./obmtool kolab
>     ---- boot/build TestServ %kolab ----
>     obmtool:NOTICE: did not find openpkg/rpm executable.
> Checking/fetching binary sh.
>     obmtool:NOTICE: did not find binary sh. Checking/fetching source
> sh.
>     OpenPKG 2.2-SOLID Source Bootstrap Package, version 2.2.1
>     Building for prefix /kolab on current platform
>     ++ extracting OpenPKG source distribution
>     openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh:ERROR: failed to unpack into directory
> "openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src"
>     /tmp/obmtool.6229.tmp: line

You could check in the  /tmp/obmtool.6229.tmp file to
see what commands it was trying to execute?

> 440: /kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.*-*-*.sh: No such file or
> directory
>     obmtool:ERROR: bootstrapping failed
>
> Now I am Logged in as root
> / has 31Gb available space
>     it creates /kolab
>     with the following sub directories:
>         RPM
>         PKG
>         SRC
>         TMP
>
>     it also copies the following files into
>
>         PKG :
>
>             openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.rpm
>             openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh
>
>         and TMP
>
>             openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src
>             openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh
>
>         and that is as far as it gets.
>
> I have tried several different distributions:
>
>    Fedora Core 2,  Fedora Core 3
>    RHEL3 and Rhel 4.
>    The only one i have got it to compile on is Mandrake 10.1

Fedora and Redhat should work, there were a few success stories
reported on the lists and the forum. E.g see

http://www.eforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=144
http://www.zonatim.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=KolabInstallFedoraCore2&back=KolabSambaFedora

Especially you changed working directory to /kolabtemp I assume
and have the right permissions in /kolab in in there.
I usually do   ./obmtool kolab , but that should not change much.
Try the LANG=C environment variable on Redhat, though.

Bernhard
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/pkcs7-signature, 2898 bytes
_______________________________________________
Kolab-users mailing list
Kolab-users <at> kolab.org
https://kolab.org/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users
Bernhard Reiter | 1 Mar 19:21 2005
Picon

Re: Kolab2 and Thunderbird

Hi Kolab-Users,
here is a message from kael a-t alussinan.org
who tried to interested the Mozilla people in more supporting Kolab.

Bernhard

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 01:17:22PM +0100, kael wrote:
> I'm still supporting Kolab a lot, specially 
> via http://del.icio.us/ubi.quito.us/Kolab .
> 
> I have discovered the Mozilla Thunderbird *SyncKolab* extension 
> http://www.gargan.org/extensions/synckolab currently in beta.
> 
> Please, let the list know, 
Martin Konold | 1 Mar 20:09 2005
Picon

Re: help installing Kolab

Am Dienstag, 1. März 2005 16:11 schrieb Ivor:

Hi Ivor,

> I copy the files to /kolabtemp, I then mkdir /usr/local/kolab.
> I then ln -s /usr/local/kolab /kolab
>
> this creates the soft link

This is a very regular procedure of me.

>
> I then run :
>
> sh obmtool kolab and this is what i get:

I use ./obmtool /kolab  <--- please note the leading slash

Please report success or failure.

Regards,
-- martin

--

-- 
"I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the
President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc. 
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany
Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker
UK Linux | 2 Mar 00:19 2005
Picon

IMAP direct

>>BTW: It did not see your answer to the imap creation test I suggested on
the 24th.

Sorry Bernhard, for some reason i completely missed that one.

I seem to remember on bootstrapping that i was asked for a name and i tried
to use simply 'airemail' for this and was told that this was not sufficient
and to choose a prefix. I chose 'mail' even though mail.airemail has no
meaning on our LAN. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?
Logging in as charles <at> airemail works fine from the browser anyway.

>>However this is quite hard to diagnose without access to the system...

I can investigate any configurations you care to mention and post them to
aid in the diagnosis. Even if we could afford support (we can't - we're a
charity) we couldn't give you remote access anyway as there is no inbound
access to our LAN.

I shall be away for a few days but shall get back to you all on my return.
Thanks for your continued interest.

CJ
Martin Konold | 2 Mar 07:51 2005
Picon

Re: IMAP direct


Hi,

> I seem to remember on bootstrapping that i was asked for a name and i tried
> to use simply 'airemail' for this and was told that this was not sufficient
> and to choose a prefix. I chose 'mail' even though mail.airemail has no
> meaning on our LAN. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem?
> Logging in as charles <at> airemail works fine from the browser anyway.

This is indeed the cuplrit! 

You cannot simply choose some invalid name.

My I repeat:

"Ok, I should have better written the "fully qualified hostname" like 
myhostname.mydomain.com. The resulting email addresses then look like 
firstname.lastname <at> myhostname.mydomain.com."

Assuming you are using Linux you may use the command

	hostname -f

in order to learn how the fully qualified hostname is on your machine.

Regards,
-- martin

--

-- 
"I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the
President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc. 
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany
Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker
Ivor | 2 Mar 14:43 2005
Picon

[Fwd: obmtool log files]

Hi Bernhard,


    You could check in the  /tmp/obmtool.6229.tmp file to
    see what commands it was trying to execute?

I can not find any file by this name.
Here are the two log files I found:

/tmp/obmtool.log

    obmtool:kolab:NOTICE: restart 2005-03-02 11:15:10
    obmtool:kolab:NOTICE: restart 2005-03-02 12:27:47
    obmtool:kolab:NOTICE: restart 2005-03-02 12:31:13
    obmtool:kolab:NOTICE: restart 2005-03-02 13:19:22
    obmtool:kolab:NOTICE: restart 2005-03-02 13:19:26
    obmtool:kolab:NOTICE: restart 2005-03-02 13:19:30

/tmp/obmtool-openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.rebuild.log

    OpenPKG 2.2-SOLID Source Bootstrap Package, version 2.2.1
    Building for prefix /kolab on current platform
    ++ extracting OpenPKG source distribution
    openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh:ERROR: failed to unpack into directory "openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src"

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ivor

_______________________________________________
Kolab-users mailing list
Kolab-users <at> kolab.org
https://kolab.org/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users
tedrudie | 3 Mar 03:36 2005

Fedora Yum update killed openldap

Hi all,
I did a yum update on my Fedora 3 and after rebooting, the kolab server didn't
work. I can't login through Horde and when I try to login to kolab/admin I get
"Could not bind to LDAP server: Can't contact LDAP server". 

My /var/log/messages has:
"Mar  2 21:27:00 srv1 kolabd[14175]: Y Error: Unable to authenticate with
Cyrus admin interface, Error = `'"

Also when I do slapcat the system just hangs. 

There were a lot of updates. Here is the list:
Mar 02 18:43:10 Installed: kernel.i686 2.6.10-1.766_FC3
Mar 02 18:43:25 Updated: bind-libs.i386 22:9.2.5rc1-1
Mar 02 18:43:27 Updated: openssh.i386 3.9p1-8.0.1
Mar 02 18:43:28 Updated: bind-utils.i386 22:9.2.5rc1-1
Mar 02 18:43:30 Updated: policycoreutils.i386 1.18.1-2.9
Mar 02 18:43:45 Updated: gaim.i386 1:1.1.4-0.FC3
Mar 02 18:43:46 Updated: dmraid.i386 1.0.0.rc6-1_FC3
Mar 02 18:43:48 Updated: gamin.i386 0.0.24-1.FC3
Mar 02 18:43:49 Updated: at.i386 3.1.8-64_FC3
Mar 02 18:43:50 Updated: vixie-cron.i386 1:4.1-24_FC3
Mar 02 18:43:52 Updated: dhclient.i386 7:3.0.1-40_FC3
Mar 02 18:43:53 Updated: openssh-askpass.i386 3.9p1-8.0.1
Mar 02 18:43:54 Updated: openssh-askpass-gnome.i386 3.9p1-8.0.1
Mar 02 18:44:04 Updated: squid.i386 7:2.5.STABLE8-1.FC3.1
Mar 02 18:44:06 Updated: nfs-utils.i386 1.0.6-52
Mar 02 18:44:20 Updated: firefox.i386 1.0.1-1.3.1
Mar 02 18:44:22 Updated: pcmcia-cs.i386 3.2.7-2.2
Mar 02 18:44:23 Updated: selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 1.17.30-2.83
Mar 02 18:44:26 Updated: tcsh.i386 6.13-10.FC3.1
Mar 02 18:44:28 Updated: openssh-clients.i386 3.9p1-8.0.1
Mar 02 18:44:29 Updated: bind.i386 22:9.2.5rc1-1
Mar 02 18:44:30 Updated: openssh-server.i386 3.9p1-8.0.1

Does anyone know what happened? It's not life or death on this paticular
machine, but I would like to learn how to fix it.
--
Ted Rudie
tedrudie <at> wowway.com

Gmane