Thorsten Zachmann | 1 Dec 16:12 2005
Picon

Re: modifier keys.

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 22:50, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 22:04, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > I vote for the plain and simple:
> > Shift disables snapping
>
> Sure, fine with me.
Sounds good and it is simple.

Thorsten
Thorsten Zachmann | 1 Dec 16:24 2005
Picon

Re: modifier keys.

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 18:03, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 16:28, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > Scaling:
> > > Shift keeps aspect ratio
> > > Alt Scales only horizontally or vertically
> > > Control scales all objects from center of all selected objects
> >
> > I would propose the following:
> > Scaling:
> > Shift does as described above
> > Alt keeps aspect ratio
> > Control scales selected object from the centre.
>
> Hmm, I'd like to know what is wrong with my proposal and how you came to
> this list instead.
> If you read the initial email again you will see reasons for my list, I
> have not seen any reasons for your list so I guess you will see why I
> don't want to just accept yours.
> I naturally will if its better, but please take a little time to explain
> why you feel its better.
Scaling:
Shift disables snap to grid/guide
I would like this as this will make it consistent with the dragging and 
inserting.

Alt keeps aspect ratio
As I also like this feature it is what I proposed for Alt as the scaling in 
only horizontal/vertical direction can allready be done. But I see that the 
usage of Alt is tricky as if you press alt before moving it will move the 
window instead.
(Continue reading)

Jarosław Staniek | 1 Dec 18:44 2005
Picon

CSV handling in KSpread, KWord


I didn't check that before because I thought it's working like in Excel or 
Calc. Actially it's not (or I have something wrong with my installation):

Try to select some cells with data and copy this to the clipboard. "Fixed 
width text" appears to be copied only. So pasting into KWord, there's is no 
chance to parse the text into a well formated table. Pasting into Kexi with 
"Edit->Paste Special" (the feature that exists there since May) is not working 
as well.

What is status of this feature (for 1.5)? I consider this as a most simple but 
required "part of the integration between KOffice apps". Because of the 
problem, for now Kexi only integrates with Excel/Calc and similar tools.

Similar problem:
-pasting CSV data from OO.org Calc into Kexi works well on any system, but 
pasting it to KCalc only fills a single cell. Pasting it to KWord opens a 
selection dialog allowing to paste plain text or image (no CSV has been 
detected). This particular problem may be caused by no detecting whether the 
plain text is in CSV format, right?

--

-- 
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska
  Kexi Developer:
      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi support:
      http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  KDE3, KDE4 libraries for developing MS Windows applications:
      http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32
(Continue reading)

Casper Boemann | 1 Dec 19:56 2005
Picon

Re: modifier keys.

On Thursday 01 December 2005 16:24, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Scaling:
> Shift disables snap to grid/guide
> I would like this as this will make it consistent with the dragging and
> inserting.
>
> Alt keeps aspect ratio
> As I also like this feature it is what I proposed for Alt as the scaling in
> only horizontal/vertical direction can allready be done. But I see that the
> usage of Alt is tricky as if you press alt before moving it will move the
> window instead.

Then how about switching the two keys:

Alt disables snap to grid/guide
Shift keeps aspect ratio

This has the benefit of preserving shift as the keep aspect which is a defacto 
standard as I recall.

Also most people decide to disable snapping only in the final phase of 
placing. Hmm - what if you are fine tuning a placement then you would 
probably hold down the key before selecting. We could avoid a usability 
disaster by first snapping on first movement - KPresenter already does this 
iirc. 

I guess the same could be said the other way around.

thoughts?

(Continue reading)

David Faure | 2 Dec 01:03 2005
Picon

koffice/kword

SVN commit 484809 by dfaure:

KWord now uses OASIS OpenDocument as the native file format, as discussed.

I know of at least the following items still to do before 1.5:
- table style load/save
- support for OpenDocument in 'insert file' and 'import styles'
- some interoperability issues with OOo (multiple lists of numbered parags, parag-anchored frames)
but please report anything else that goes wrong.

CCMAIL: koffice-devel <at> kde.org

 M  +2 -1      kword.desktop  
 M  +2 -2      kwordpart.desktop  

--- trunk/koffice/kword/kword.desktop #484808:484809
 <at>  <at>  -67,7 +67,8  <at>  <at> 
 GenericName[zh_TW]=文書處理
 MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/x-kword;application/msword;text/rtf;text/plain;application/x-mswrite
 Icon=kword
-X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kword
+X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
+#X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kword
 DocPath=kword/index.html
 X-KDE-StartupNotify=true
 X-DCOP-ServiceType=Multi
--- trunk/koffice/kword/kwordpart.desktop #484808:484809
 <at>  <at>  -33,9 +33,9  <at>  <at> 
 Name[xx]=xxKOffice Word Processing Componentxx
 Name[zh_CN]=KOffice 字处理组件
(Continue reading)

Jarosław Staniek | 2 Dec 02:00 2005
Picon

Re: CSV handling in KSpread, KWord

Jarosław Staniek said the following, On 2005-12-01 18:44:
> but pasting it to KCalc only fills a single cell. Pasting it to KWord 

s/Calc/Spread/

--

-- 
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska
  Kexi Developer:
      http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi
  Kexi support:
      http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html
  KDE3, KDE4 libraries for developing MS Windows applications:
      http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32
Thomas Zander | 2 Dec 13:08 2005
Picon

Re: modifier keys.

On Thursday 01 December 2005 16:24, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 November 2005 18:03, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Wednesday 30 November 2005 16:28, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > > Scaling:
> > > > Shift keeps aspect ratio
> > > > Alt Scales only horizontally or vertically
> > > > Control scales all objects from center of all selected objects
> > >
> > > I would propose the following:
> > > Scaling:
> > > Shift does as described above
> > > Alt keeps aspect ratio
> > > Control scales selected object from the centre.
> >
> > Hmm, I'd like to know what is wrong with my proposal and how you came
> > to this list instead.
> > If you read the initial email again you will see reasons for my list,
> > I have not seen any reasons for your list so I guess you will see why
> > I don't want to just accept yours.
> > I naturally will if its better, but please take a little time to
> > explain why you feel its better.
>
> Scaling:
> Shift disables snap to grid/guide
> I would like this as this will make it consistent with the dragging and
> inserting.
>
> Alt keeps aspect ratio
> As I also like this feature it is what I proposed for Alt as the
> scaling in only horizontal/vertical direction can allready be done. But
(Continue reading)

Thomas Zander | 2 Dec 14:20 2005
Picon

Re: modifier keys.

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 12:53, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Going through KWord and KPresenter I noted some inconsistencies between
> usage of modifier keys.  Adding the requests in bugs 112310 and 112306
> as well as requests on IRC about this, I thought I'd analyze this stuff
> a bit more.

Result of our discussions is now online at:
http://www.koffice.org/developer/keyboardmodifiers.php

David noted on IRC:
13:54  * dfaure hopes the logic will be put in some lib code to avoid 
duplication
13:54 < dfaure> we can't share the actual code for moving/resizing/etc. 
objects at this point, of course, but just a "here are the modifiers, 
tell me what to do" method.

Any volunteers?
--

-- 
Thomas Zander
_______________________________________________
koffice-devel mailing list
koffice-devel <at> kde.org
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel
Ariya Hidayat | 2 Dec 17:31 2005
Picon

Re: CSV handling in KSpread, KWord

> Similar problem:
> -pasting CSV data from OO.org Calc into Kexi works well on any system, but
> pasting it to KCalc only fills a single cell. Pasting it to KWord opens a
> selection dialog allowing to paste plain text or image (no CSV has been
> detected). This particular problem may be caused by no detecting whether the
> plain text is in CSV format, right?

Yes, it's likely the problem here.
For KSpread, pasting CSV from clipboard should be performed not by
normal paste, by inserting external data. This is suboptimal and
less-intuitive for the users.

I would say we can put the CSV-paste problem as JJ.

--
Ariya Hidayat
Jaroslaw Staniek | 2 Dec 20:07 2005
Picon

Re: CSV handling in KSpread, KWord

Ariya Hidayat said the following, On 2005-12-02 17:31:

>>Similar problem:
>>-pasting CSV data from OO.org Calc into Kexi works well on any system, but
>>pasting it to KCalc only fills a single cell. Pasting it to KWord opens a
>>selection dialog allowing to paste plain text or image (no CSV has been
>>detected). This particular problem may be caused by no detecting whether the
>>plain text is in CSV format, right?
> 
> 
> Yes, it's likely the problem here.
> For KSpread, pasting CSV from clipboard should be performed not by
> normal paste, by inserting external data. This is suboptimal and
> less-intuitive for the users.
> 
> I would say we can put the CSV-paste problem as JJ.

Good idea. I'd say: #1 interoperability problem for now. Another job could be 
for KWord too.
The job is quite easy: it's enough to detect CSV format (I've recently noticed 
these options are expected by spreadsheets and other apps when pasting to them:
- demiliter = tabs
- text quotes = none

On my side I am going to set these as defaults when copying data in Kexi.

Moreover, I guess am wondering whether we could reuse improved void 
KexiCSVImportDialog::fillTable() method.

--

-- 
(Continue reading)


Gmane