All issues that happened on the old class have been fixed. I've improved the user experience, through:
* The QTreeWidget will be resized if QSplitter resized
* The "Default" button works, I think it didn't work for me in the past
* No KTabWidget on the plugin list
Instead of KTabWidget (we would force the user to more clicks to
examine all available plugins [one per category]), I've listed all
available plugins into the QTreeWidget, but separated by a visual
separator (See snapshot). With this improvement, the user can see all
available plugins in one fast seek.
* Dependencies have been improved this way:
- If we check an item, we check its dependencies (this was in the old class too)
- If we uncheck an item, we uncheck all items that depends on that item (new [was a FIXME])
* Visual separators can be expanded or collapsed to show or hide the plugins that they contain.
For achieving all these goals, I had to start the class almost
from scratch, but the result is really pretty from my point of view.
You can check code and snapshots at
After contacting with #kde-usability at IRC, the category titles are aligned at left, and have been fixed some issues with the focus.
Waiting for your comments ;)
Bye,Rafael Fernández López.