RalfGesellensetter | 2 Dec 21:37 2006
Picon
Picon

[kde-artists] Symbol collection for vym

Dear list, 

recently, I used "view your mind" (vym) as replacement for non-free 
mindmanager to render mindmaps. My pupils got well along with the tool, 
after I provided some extra cliparts that I had "stolen" from 
mindmanager. 

I do know of opencliparts and so on, but I'd plea for a crisp collection 
of icons that are apt for mindmaps. I imagine something like 150 images 
in 10 categories.

If you need inspiration I could provide some more samples like those on:
http://wiki.skolelinux.de/LernSoftware/Vym

Kind regards
Ralf

also cf.
http://www.insilmaril.de/vym/
______________________________________________________________________________
kde-artists <at> kde.org |  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists

Danny Allen | 3 Dec 12:17 2006
Picon

Re: [kde-artists] Symbol collection for vym

Hi Ralf,
You could download and take a look at my Monochrome iconset - I think it meets 
your "crisp" criteria (as I designed it to be ;))

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=18317

Danny

On Saturday 02 December 2006 20:37, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> recently, I used "view your mind" (vym) as replacement for non-free
> mindmanager to render mindmaps. My pupils got well along with the tool,
> after I provided some extra cliparts that I had "stolen" from
> mindmanager.
>
> I do know of opencliparts and so on, but I'd plea for a crisp collection
> of icons that are apt for mindmaps. I imagine something like 150 images
> in 10 categories.
>
> If you need inspiration I could provide some more samples like those on:
> http://wiki.skolelinux.de/LernSoftware/Vym
>
> Kind regards
> Ralf
>
> also cf.
> http://www.insilmaril.de/vym/
> ___________________________________________________________________________
>___ kde-artists <at> kde.org |  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists
(Continue reading)

RalfGesellensetter | 5 Dec 19:16 2006
Picon
Picon

Re: [kde-artists] Symbol collection for vym

Dear  Danny, 

...

Am Dienstag 05 Dezember 2006 10:41 schrieb Uwe Drechsel ( <at> vym):
> On Sat, Dec 02, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> > Dear list,
> >
> > recently, I used "view your mind" (vym) as replacement for non-free
> > mindmanager to render mindmaps. My pupils got well along with the
> > tool, after I provided some extra cliparts that I had "stolen" from
> > mindmanager.
> >
> > I do know of opencliparts and so on, but I'd plea for a crisp
> > collection of icons that are apt for mindmaps. I imagine something
> > like 150 images in 10 categories.
>
> That would be really nice! Last time I searched through
> openclipart.org there was so much unusable stuff (e.g. vectorized
> pixmaps) that it was hard to find at least some usable graphics.
>
> For mindmapping we would a rather small but good sorted catalogue,
> like suggested by Ralf.

dear Uwe (offlist),

thanks for the link. However I think we need coloured icons. Crisp was 
meant here as tight (small, handy).

Regards
(Continue reading)

Aaron J. Seigo | 8 Dec 17:47 2006
Picon

[kde-artists] oxygen style designathon

hey guys =)

it's time to start work on final artwork for the default kde4 widget and 
window style. the reason for doing this sooner rather than later is this:

  - the style will take time to write once the artwork is finalized
  - the style will likely have consequences for developers who may need/want 
to adjust their applications in accordance with it
  - we will want a lot of time to debug the style

i'm therefore proposing an irc meeting to get this rolling. invited are oxygen 
artists and those who are interested in working on style code.

some of the things i'm personally thinking about are:

 - the need to define and register gradients to be used in the styles 
alongside the oxygen colour palette
 - identifying artwork bits that won't strictly be in the styles but need to 
visually mesh with it (think: the desktop)
 - organic transitions between widget states
 - advanced/new functionality such as toolbar button grouping and "more info" 
widgets

i'm at home indefinitely now and my schedule is probably more flexible than 
most. so if you all can decide when a good time would be for this meeting and 
then let me know (i'm not on this list AFAIK) we can get working on this.

or, if you think this is a horrible idea, please let me know that too along 
with why.

(Continue reading)

Juan Carlos Torres | 8 Dec 17:45 2006
Picon

[kde-artists] Oxygen color palette for Krita

Due to a bug in Krita's color palette parser 
(http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=138524), the color palette for Oxygen 
that is being provided by http://www.kde-artists.org does not import properly 
into Krita.

I'm attaching a fixed Oxygen palette, which basically just converted the 
spaces that separate the RGB color codes and the color name into tabs.

Regards,
Juan Carlos Torres
GIMP Palette
Name: Oxygen 
#
56  37    9	wood brown6 
87  64   30	wood brown5
117 81   26	wood brown4
143 107	 50	wood brown3
179 146  93	wood brown2
222 188 133	wood brown1
156  15  15	brick red6
191   3   3	brick red5
226   8   0	brick red4
232  87  82	brick red3
240 134 130	brick red2
249 204 202	brick red1
156  15  86	raspberry pink6
191   3  97	raspberry pink5
226   0 113	raspberry pink4
(Continue reading)

pinheiro | 9 Dec 04:29 2006
X-Face

Re: [kde-artists] oxygen style designathon

Em Sexta, 8 de Dezembro de 2006 11:47, o Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> hey guys =)
>
> it's time to start work on final artwork for the default kde4 widget and
> window style. the reason for doing this sooner rather than later is this:
>
>   - the style will take time to write once the artwork is finalized
>   - the style will likely have consequences for developers who may
> need/want to adjust their applications in accordance with it
>   - we will want a lot of time to debug the style
>
> i'm therefore proposing an irc meeting to get this rolling. invited are
> oxygen artists and those who are interested in working on style code.
>
> some of the things i'm personally thinking about are:
>
>  - the need to define and register gradients to be used in the styles
> alongside the oxygen colour palette
>  - identifying artwork bits that won't strictly be in the styles but need
> to visually mesh with it (think: the desktop)
>  - organic transitions between widget states
>  - advanced/new functionality such as toolbar button grouping and "more
> info" widgets
>
> i'm at home indefinitely now and my schedule is probably more flexible than
> most. so if you all can decide when a good time would be for this meeting
> and then let me know (i'm not on this list AFAIK) we can get working on
> this.
>
> or, if you think this is a horrible idea, please let me know that too along
(Continue reading)

Daniel Dotsenko | 17 Dec 23:08 2006

Re: [kde-artists] KDE Leaflet --- Going forward

On Monday 18 December 2006 10:19, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Laurent Rathle and I are trying to update our KDE flyer for the next
> Solutions Linux show at the end of January. The idea is to have two one
> page recto verso flyer, one generic dedicated to KDE and the other one for
> KDE 4.
>
> The two key messages we want to convey :
>
> 1) KDE is 10 years old, look what we achieved and take this Live Cd if you
> don't know us yet
>
> 2) KDE 4 is coming to you in 2007. What are we cooking...
>
> Sources of the leaflets will be in Scribus and stored in the promotion
> module in the KDE svn to be adapted and translated by other promotional
> teams.
>
> Our first step was to update the design of the leaflet to reflect the new
> CIG of KDE. That is where we are now :
>
> http://www.madonie.org/kdeagain-fr-4-A4-texte-rond-3.pdf
>
> The text content is bogus and will be updated later on.

> If somebody would like to help, it would be very welcome especially since I
> have a lot of real-work assignments.
>
> Cheers,
(Continue reading)

Aaron J. Seigo | 21 Dec 04:43 2006
Picon

Re: [kde-artists] [kde-promo] Wallpapers

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 19:17, Niels van Mourik wrote:
> I have seen your artwork on KDE-Look and want to thank you very much for
> this really cool stuff!!!
>
> I think that some wallpapers, like the KGlare one should be included into
> KDE's mainstream release! So KDE's upcoming release, KDE 4 can benefit from
> your cool work!
>
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=25935

yes, it's some really nice work. perhaps one of the nicest treatments of the 
kde 3.5 wave i've seen yet.

>
> ps. A CC of this e-mail is sent to the list of the KDE Promo team.

i think the list you actually want is kde-artists <at> kde.org whom i've CC'd on 
this email. they are the ones who manage the artwork in kde.

--

-- 
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se
GPG Fingerprint: 8B8B 2209 0C6F 7C47 B1EA  EE75 D6B7 2EB1 A7F1 DB43

Full time KDE developer sponsored by Trolltech (http://www.trolltech.com)
______________________________________________________________________________
kde-artists <at> kde.org |  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists
(Continue reading)

Niels van Mourik | 21 Dec 06:13 2006
X-Face
Picon

Re: [kde-artists] [kde-promo] Wallpapers

On Thursday 21 December 2006 04:43, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 19:17, Niels van Mourik wrote:
> > I have seen your artwork on KDE-Look and want to thank you very much for
> > this really cool stuff!!!
> >
> > I think that some wallpapers, like the KGlare one should be included into
> > KDE's mainstream release! So KDE's upcoming release, KDE 4 can benefit
> > from your cool work!
> >
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=25935
>
> yes, it's some really nice work. perhaps one of the nicest treatments of
> the kde 3.5 wave i've seen yet.
Totally agree with you on that! Hopefully the author want's to cope up with 
the kde-artists team to provide more stunning artwork!

>
> > ps. A CC of this e-mail is sent to the list of the KDE Promo team.
>
> i think the list you actually want is kde-artists <at> kde.org whom i've CC'd on
> this email. they are the ones who manage the artwork in kde.
Thanks for the notice :-)

--

-- 
Alan Turing thought about criteria to settle the question of whether
machines can think, a question of which we now know that it is about
as relevant as the question of whether submarines can swim.
      -- Dijkstra
(Continue reading)

luci aka Lukas Masek | 21 Dec 07:46 2006
Picon

Re: [kde-artists] [kde-promo] Wallpapers

hi,

still there's one letter missing and the font shouldn't be stretched down like 
this, imho...

On Thursday, 21 of December 2006 4:43 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 19:17, Niels van Mourik wrote:
> > I have seen your artwork on KDE-Look and want to thank you very much for
> > this really cool stuff!!!
> >
> > I think that some wallpapers, like the KGlare one should be included into
> > KDE's mainstream release! So KDE's upcoming release, KDE 4 can benefit
> > from your cool work!
> >
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=25935
>
> yes, it's some really nice work. perhaps one of the nicest treatments of
> the kde 3.5 wave i've seen yet.
>
> > ps. A CC of this e-mail is sent to the list of the KDE Promo team.
>
> i think the list you actually want is kde-artists <at> kde.org whom i've CC'd on
> this email. they are the ones who manage the artwork in kde.

luci
______________________________________________________________________________
kde-artists <at> kde.org |  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists


Gmane