Manik Prabhu | 1 Mar 07:51 2007

how to display special characters in edittext

Hello laszlo users,
           I have a requirement to display special characters in edidtext component. can any tell me how can we pass special characters like ( ä,  '€' ) from edittext component to the server to store in the database and retrieve it back and display the saved data with special characters in the edittext component.
The problem i am facing is when i send the character '€' to the server after getting back the data into the edittext field the characters '€'  getting replaced with '?'.
   
        Please help me.
 
Thanks in advance
Manik Prabhu
 
 
 
Robin Sheat | 1 Mar 09:08 2007
Picon

Compiling for solo mode

Hi, I use the following ant snippet for my compiling:

	<target name="compile" description="Compile some file to SWF">
	  <echo message="Compiling ${file}"/>
	  <echo message="arg: ${lzc.args} ${file}"/>
	  <echo message="Using LPS_HOME: ${openlaszlo.home}"/>
	  <java classpathref="laszlo.compiler.classpath" 
	    classname="org.openlaszlo.compiler.Main" 
	    fork="yes">
	    <jvmarg value="-DLPS_HOME=${openlaszlo.home}"/>
	    <jvmarg value="-Xmx256m"/>
		<arg line="${lzc.args} ${file}"/>
	  </java>
	</target>

However, I've found that the output from this isn't table to handle there 
being no server, and so it gets quite confused. I can change this by using 
the 'proxied="false"' attribute in the canvas tag, but sometimes I want it to 
be proxied, so this shouldn't be specified in the code. How can I tell the 
compiler to spit out a solo version? lzc --help doesn't explain how, either.

Cheers, Robin.

Robin Sheat | 1 Mar 11:17 2007
X-Face
Picon

Re: Compiling for solo mode

On Thursday 01 March 2007 21:44, you wrote:
> Proxying is a feature of the Laszlo server...  In solo mode, there is  
> no proxying.  So, 'proxied="false"' is somewhat synonymous with Solo  
> mode.
Yes, however if I use proxied=false, then I have no choice: it must be a solo 
app. This means I can deploy it and it works, which is good. If I leave out 
the proxied=false, when I deploy it, it doesn't work, because it's looking 
for a server.

> When you say "I want it to be proxied," what do you mean, exactly?  
When debugging the app, I like to run it locally, non-solo, so that the 
debugger works. When doing that, I'd like to not have to change the proxied 
attribute, because I _know_ that I'll forget to change it back, and stuff 
will break.

> Perhaps there's another way of accomplishing what you're looking for.
A way to tell the compiler to give me something built for solo mode would be 
ideal :)

Note that up until now I've been creating the deployed file by viewing it at 
localhost:8080/..., and clicking the 'solo' button, then copying the file to 
the server. And that worked great. But now that I'm close to rolling out a 
proper application that uses this, I'm moving towards a proper 
change-controlled system, where there are minimal manual steps for me to 
break things, so I'm using the ant script to compile and deploy it. That's 
why this is coming up now :)

--

-- 
Robin <robin@...> JabberID: <eythian@...>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D
Jes Lefcourt | 1 Mar 11:29 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: Compiling for solo mode

Perhaps a bit of a hack, but you could use the Ant replace task to  
set the value of your proxied attribute differently depending on the  
ant target:
	http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/replace.html

- Jes

On Mar 1, 2007, at 3:17 AM, Robin Sheat wrote:

> On Thursday 01 March 2007 21:44, you wrote:
>> Proxying is a feature of the Laszlo server...  In solo mode, there is
>> no proxying.  So, 'proxied="false"' is somewhat synonymous with Solo
>> mode.
> Yes, however if I use proxied=false, then I have no choice: it must  
> be a solo
> app. This means I can deploy it and it works, which is good. If I  
> leave out
> the proxied=false, when I deploy it, it doesn't work, because it's  
> looking
> for a server.
>
>> When you say "I want it to be proxied," what do you mean, exactly?
> When debugging the app, I like to run it locally, non-solo, so that  
> the
> debugger works. When doing that, I'd like to not have to change the  
> proxied
> attribute, because I _know_ that I'll forget to change it back, and  
> stuff
> will break.
>
>> Perhaps there's another way of accomplishing what you're looking for.
> A way to tell the compiler to give me something built for solo mode  
> would be
> ideal :)
>
> Note that up until now I've been creating the deployed file by  
> viewing it at
> localhost:8080/..., and clicking the 'solo' button, then copying  
> the file to
> the server. And that worked great. But now that I'm close to  
> rolling out a
> proper application that uses this, I'm moving towards a proper
> change-controlled system, where there are minimal manual steps for  
> me to
> break things, so I'm using the ant script to compile and deploy it.  
> That's
> why this is coming up now :)
>
> -- 
> Robin <robin@...> JabberID:  
> <eythian@...>
>
> Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?
>
> PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C  
> EB6D

Robin Sheat | 1 Mar 11:54 2007
X-Face
Picon

Re: Compiling for solo mode

On Thursday 01 March 2007 23:29, Jes Lefcourt wrote:
> Perhaps a bit of a hack, but you could use the Ant replace task to  
> set the value of your proxied attribute differently depending on the  
> ant target:
I thought of that, however it offends me due to it's lack of elegance ;) I'll 
use it as a last resort :)

I'm surprised that there'd be a lack of compiler option for this, given it is 
directly related to how you're going to deploy your app, which is the kind of 
thing that the compiler should be interested in.

--

-- 
Robin <robin@...> JabberID: <eythian@...>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D
P T Withington | 1 Mar 12:44 2007

Re: Compiling for solo mode

Try addin

   -Dlzproxied

to your compiler args

Yes, these compiler options need better documentation.

On 2007-03-01, at 05:54 EST, Robin Sheat wrote:

> On Thursday 01 March 2007 23:29, Jes Lefcourt wrote:
>> Perhaps a bit of a hack, but you could use the Ant replace task to
>> set the value of your proxied attribute differently depending on the
>> ant target:
> I thought of that, however it offends me due to it's lack of  
> elegance ;) I'll
> use it as a last resort :)
>
> I'm surprised that there'd be a lack of compiler option for this,  
> given it is
> directly related to how you're going to deploy your app, which is  
> the kind of
> thing that the compiler should be interested in.
>
> -- 
> Robin <robin@...> JabberID:  
> <eythian@...>
>
> Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?
>
> PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C  
> EB6D

Robin Sheat | 1 Mar 13:01 2007
X-Face
Picon

Re: Compiling for solo mode

On Friday 02 March 2007 00:44, P T Withington wrote:
> Try addin
>    -Dlzproxied
> to your compiler args
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

> Yes, these compiler options need better documentation.
Yes please ;)

--

-- 
Robin <robin@...> JabberID: <eythian@...>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D
Robin Sheat | 1 Mar 13:34 2007
X-Face
Picon

Re: Compiling for solo mode

On Friday 02 March 2007 00:44, you wrote:
> Try addin
>    -Dlzproxied
> to your compiler args
Wait, looking at that (I haven't tried it yet), but wouldn't that cause it to 
expect to be proxied, when in fact I want it to expect to be solo? -Dlzsolo 
perhaps?

--

-- 
Robin <robin@...> JabberID: <eythian@...>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D
P T Withington | 1 Mar 14:14 2007

Re: Compiling for solo mode

Sorry, you can set it true or false:

-Dlzproxied=true

-Dlzproxied=false

On 2007-03-01, at 07:34 EST, Robin Sheat wrote:

> On Friday 02 March 2007 00:44, you wrote:
>> Try addin
>>    -Dlzproxied
>> to your compiler args
> Wait, looking at that (I haven't tried it yet), but wouldn't that  
> cause it to
> expect to be proxied, when in fact I want it to expect to be solo? - 
> Dlzsolo
> perhaps?
>
> -- 
> Robin <robin@...> JabberID:  
> <eythian@...>
>
> Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?
>
> PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C  
> EB6D

Mark Greenbank | 1 Mar 14:29 2007
Picon

Re: text not displaying in non-local browser

Hi NZ,

Yes, I tried embedding the font but it did not help. Further data:

- Other (Windows) clients (Firefox, IE) on the LAN seem to work OK
- Other (Linux) clients (Opera, Firefox) on the LAN do not work

Has anyone seen this before? I'm using lps-4.0b1 running under Fedora Core 5.

Mark

On 2/28/07, Not Zippy < notzippy-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Have you tried embedding the font in the app ?


On 2/28/07, Mark Greenbank <mark.greenbank-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org > wrote:
Hi,

I have a simple app tha works perfectly on my local browser (that is, brower, tomcat, etc. are all on the same machine) but when I run it in a browser on any other machine no text is displayed. No statictext, no text, no grid text, etc.

Did I miss a configuration somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Mark




Gmane