Brett Porter | 1 Jan 13:00 2008
Picon

Re: [proposal] house cleaning


On 29/12/2007, at 2:46 AM, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>> 4) Split all other plugins into two groups: production and pre- 
>> release (both in SVN and on the site)
>
> Currently the plugins list is separated into a "Released Plugins"  
> list and a "Sandboxed Plugins" list. What do you want to change  
> here? Two separate pages?
>
> I wouldn't mind moving the most popular plugins to a separate page.  
> From the dev and user lists you can clearly see which plugins are  
> the most popular.

Yep - that's basically it - the current released plugins is an  
incomplete list on the site, and there's some varying levels of  
completeness in there. It's mostly a perception thing:

>
>
>> I see this as key in the clean up - basically where we change the  
>> perception by making the high quality stuff the most visible, and  
>> set the right expectations on the rest.
>>

> So you want to a difference between sandbox and 1.0 too? Where pre  
> 1.0 is pre-release? Might be useful.

right

>> iv) every project in either group must have a JIRA project, with a  
(Continue reading)

Dennis Lundberg | 1 Jan 16:16 2008
Picon

Re: [proposal] house cleaning

Brett,

It seems that I am not allowed to create new projects in the Maven part
of Codehaus JIRA. Who can supply me with such privileges? My username is
dennislundberg.

Brett Porter wrote:
> 
> On 29/12/2007, at 2:46 AM, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>>> 4) Split all other plugins into two groups: production and
>>> pre-release (both in SVN and on the site)
>>
>> Currently the plugins list is separated into a "Released Plugins" list
>> and a "Sandboxed Plugins" list. What do you want to change here? Two
>> separate pages?
>>
>> I wouldn't mind moving the most popular plugins to a separate page.
>> From the dev and user lists you can clearly see which plugins are the
>> most popular.
> 
> Yep - that's basically it - the current released plugins is an
> incomplete list on the site, and there's some varying levels of
> completeness in there. It's mostly a perception thing:
> 
>>
>>
>>> I see this as key in the clean up - basically where we change the
>>> perception by making the high quality stuff the most visible, and set
>>> the right expectations on the rest.
>>>
(Continue reading)

Brian Fox (JIRA | 1 Jan 21:42 2008

[jira] Created: (MOJO-983) extrajvmArguments cannot handle properties

extrajvmArguments cannot handle properties
------------------------------------------

                 Key: MOJO-983
                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-983
             Project: Mojo
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: appassembler
            Reporter: Brian Fox

Since the extraJVMArguments are passed through verbatim, it is not possible to use something like
$BASEDIR in the value because it will fail on windows or vice versa. The plugin should scan and normalize
any variables and write it out correctly to the corresponding script.

--

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Olivier Lamy (JIRA | 2 Jan 00:02 2008

[jira] Moved: (MWEBSTART-88) HttpJarSignClient - New goal "httpsign" which will sign jar files by submitting them to a signing service via HTTP Post


     [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWEBSTART-88?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Olivier Lamy moved MJAR-37 to MWEBSTART-88:
-------------------------------------------

    Component/s:     (was: sign)
            Key: MWEBSTART-88  (was: MJAR-37)
        Project: Maven 2.x Webstart Plugin  (was: Maven 2.x Jar Plugin)

> HttpJarSignClient - New goal "httpsign" which will sign jar files by submitting them to a signing service
via HTTP Post
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MWEBSTART-88
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWEBSTART-88
>             Project: Maven 2.x Webstart Plugin
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>            Reporter: David Boden
>         Attachments: jar-plugin-newfiles.zip, jarplugin.diff
>
>
> The patch and new files attached to this issue are newer and make the contributions in MJAR-35 obsolete.
> There is a test pom.xml that you can do a "mvn install" on to see the new goal working.

--

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
(Continue reading)

Ivan popov (JIRA | 2 Jan 14:50 2008

[jira] Commented: (MOJO-879) Unable to find the mojo in surefire


    [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-879?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_118388
] 

Ivan popov commented on MOJO-879:
---------------------------------

I have exactly the same problem and I think this problem is related to the version of
maven-surefire-report-plugin I use :
I use version 2.3 instead of 2.0.

Is it possible to use range values in pom file instead of hard coded plugin version ?
<version>[2.0,)</version>
instead of
<version>2.0</version>

I think this will solve the problem.

> Unable to find the mojo in surefire
> -----------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MOJO-879
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-879
>             Project: Mojo
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: dashboard
>         Environment: maven 2.0.7., last snapshot, windows 2003 server
>            Reporter: Arnaud Heritier
>            Assignee: David Vicente
(Continue reading)

Paul Gier (JIRA | 2 Jan 18:03 2008

[jira] Assigned: (MJAVACC-38) Change type of path parameters to java.io.File


     [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-38?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Paul Gier reassigned MJAVACC-38:
--------------------------------

    Assignee: Paul Gier

> Change type of path parameters to java.io.File
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MJAVACC-38
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-38
>             Project: Maven 2.x JavaCC Plugin
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 2.2
>            Reporter: Benjamin Bentmann
>            Assignee: Paul Gier
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: file-parameters.patch
>
>
> Paul, I far as I understand Maven, the issues MJAVACC-23 and MJAVACC-29 could have been avoided if the
plugin parameters that specify the directories were File's instead of String's. While this change does
not affect users of the plugin (i.e. their configurations will continue to work), Maven will
automatically make relative paths absolute by resolving them against the project's base directory
(also see [Guide to Developing Java Plugins, "Files and Directories"|http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin-development.html]).
> They call this "path translation" and employ an instance of
(Continue reading)

Paul Gier (JIRA | 2 Jan 18:15 2008

[jira] Closed: (MJAVACC-38) Change type of path parameters to java.io.File


     [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-38?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Paul Gier closed MJAVACC-38.
----------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

Patch applied, thanks!

> Change type of path parameters to java.io.File
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MJAVACC-38
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-38
>             Project: Maven 2.x JavaCC Plugin
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 2.2
>            Reporter: Benjamin Bentmann
>            Assignee: Paul Gier
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: file-parameters.patch
>
>
> Paul, I far as I understand Maven, the issues MJAVACC-23 and MJAVACC-29 could have been avoided if the
plugin parameters that specify the directories were File's instead of String's. While this change does
not affect users of the plugin (i.e. their configurations will continue to work), Maven will
automatically make relative paths absolute by resolving them against the project's base directory
(Continue reading)

Paul Gier (JIRA | 2 Jan 18:15 2008

[jira] Commented: (MJAVACC-38) Change type of path parameters to java.io.File


    [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-38?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_118398
] 

Paul Gier commented on MJAVACC-38:
----------------------------------

Good idea!  I'm not sure why it wasn't done this way from the start.  Definitely less error prone and a little
simpler this way.

> Change type of path parameters to java.io.File
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MJAVACC-38
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-38
>             Project: Maven 2.x JavaCC Plugin
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 2.2
>            Reporter: Benjamin Bentmann
>            Assignee: Paul Gier
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: file-parameters.patch
>
>
> Paul, I far as I understand Maven, the issues MJAVACC-23 and MJAVACC-29 could have been avoided if the
plugin parameters that specify the directories were File's instead of String's. While this change does
not affect users of the plugin (i.e. their configurations will continue to work), Maven will
automatically make relative paths absolute by resolving them against the project's base directory
(Continue reading)

Paul Gier (JIRA | 2 Jan 18:17 2008

[jira] Assigned: (MJAVACC-42) Update the POM to inherit from mojo-16


     [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-42?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Paul Gier reassigned MJAVACC-42:
--------------------------------

    Assignee: Paul Gier

> Update the POM to inherit from mojo-16
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MJAVACC-42
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-42
>             Project: Maven 2.x JavaCC Plugin
>          Issue Type: Task
>    Affects Versions: 2.2
>            Reporter: Benjamin Bentmann
>            Assignee: Paul Gier
>            Priority: Trivial
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: mojo-parent-16.patch
>
>
> The plugin currently inherits from mojo-15, mojo-16 is the latest release.

--

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
(Continue reading)

Paul Gier (JIRA | 2 Jan 18:19 2008

[jira] Closed: (MJAVACC-42) Update the POM to inherit from mojo-16


     [
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-42?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Paul Gier closed MJAVACC-42.
----------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

Thanks for the suggestion, I updated the pom.

> Update the POM to inherit from mojo-16
> --------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MJAVACC-42
>                 URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVACC-42
>             Project: Maven 2.x JavaCC Plugin
>          Issue Type: Task
>    Affects Versions: 2.2
>            Reporter: Benjamin Bentmann
>            Assignee: Paul Gier
>            Priority: Trivial
>             Fix For: 2.3
>
>         Attachments: mojo-parent-16.patch
>
>
> The plugin currently inherits from mojo-15, mojo-16 is the latest release.

--

-- 
(Continue reading)


Gmane