Nathan Schile | 5 Mar 04:18 2012
Picon

[jetty-user] [Jetty Maven Plugin] Not pulling in Test scope dependencies when useTestScope is true

I have the plugin configured to pull in test classes and
dependencies[1], however it doesn't seem to be pulling in my test
dependencies.  I am receiving a NoClassDefFoundError on the class from
a test dependency, if I switch the dependency to a scope of compile,
it works fine.

My use case is that I have a jar that contains JAX-RS resources.  I am
using the Jersey Maven Plugin to do integration testing using embedded
Jetty.  I have a web.xml in /src/test/webapp/WEB-INF/, and have test
dependencies that mock out some services.  The mock services are only
found when they are pulled in using a "compile" scope.  I would
however like these dependencies to have a scope of "test" since they
are only used for testing.

Any ideas?

[1] useTestScope
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_Maven_Plugin#Configuring_additional_parameters

            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
                <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>8.1.0.v20120127</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>start-jetty</id>
                        <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
(Continue reading)

Jan Bartel | 5 Mar 04:29 2012

Re: [jetty-user] [Jetty Maven Plugin] Not pulling in Test scope dependencies when useTestScope is true

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-1491

Fixed in 7.6.2, 8.1.2

cheers
Jan

On 5 March 2012 14:18, Nathan Schile <nathan.schile <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the plugin configured to pull in test classes and
> dependencies[1], however it doesn't seem to be pulling in my test
> dependencies.  I am receiving a NoClassDefFoundError on the class from
> a test dependency, if I switch the dependency to a scope of compile,
> it works fine.
>
> My use case is that I have a jar that contains JAX-RS resources.  I am
> using the Jersey Maven Plugin to do integration testing using embedded
> Jetty.  I have a web.xml in /src/test/webapp/WEB-INF/, and have test
> dependencies that mock out some services.  The mock services are only
> found when they are pulled in using a "compile" scope.  I would
> however like these dependencies to have a scope of "test" since they
> are only used for testing.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> [1] useTestScope
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_Maven_Plugin#Configuring_additional_parameters
>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
>                <artifactId>jetty-maven-plugin</artifactId>
(Continue reading)

Carthic Sundararaj | 6 Mar 13:28 2012
Picon

[jetty-user] Jetty 6.1.25: HTTP POST request executed twice

Hi everyone,

I am using Jetty 6.1.25 in OSGi environment (Equinox). I have
implemented a Servlet to process XML over HTTP and requests could be
larger than 100KB. At times, processing the request could take 30-40
secs. Under this condition, Jetty is executing the requests twice.

The problem seems to be identical to the one reported at the following link:

http://dev.outerthought.org/trac/outerthought_kauri/ticket/434

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix or a work-around?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Carthic

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

quark020 | 7 Mar 08:34 2012
Picon

[jetty-user] Error with Basic HTTP Authentication using Karaf realm in Jetty

Hi, 

I'm trying to workout an example using basic HTTP authentication with
ServiceMix 4.4.1 and karaf 

The following is my setup. 

====================================================== 
== web.xml 
====================================================== 
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC 
 &quot;-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN&quot; 
 &quot;http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd&quot; >

<web-app>
  <display-name>Archetype Created Web Application</display-name>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>simple</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.sonatype.mavenbook.web.SimpleServlet</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>simple</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/simple</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <security-constraint>
    <display-name>MathSecurityConstraint</display-name>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>MathService</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
(Continue reading)

Carthic S | 7 Mar 09:50 2012
Picon

[jetty-user] Re: Jetty 6.1.25: HTTP POST request executed twice

I investigated further and observed that Jetty executes the same request
again upon connection timeout. Increasing the maxIdleTime seems to solve the
problem. Is this the expected behavior? I am using SelectChannelConnector.

Regards
Carthic

--
View this message in context: http://jetty.4.n6.nabble.com/Jetty-6-1-25-HTTP-POST-request-executed-twice-tp4551081p4553768.html
Sent from the Jetty Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Jesse McConnell | 7 Mar 13:27 2012
Picon

Re: [jetty-user] Re: Jetty 6.1.25: HTTP POST request executed twice

jetty itself doesn't decide to process a request a second time, far
more likely that whatever is requesting expects an answer and after
some time asks for the same request again..

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell <at> gmail.com

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 02:50, Carthic S <carthicsj <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I investigated further and observed that Jetty executes the same request
> again upon connection timeout. Increasing the maxIdleTime seems to solve the
> problem. Is this the expected behavior? I am using SelectChannelConnector.
>
> Regards
> Carthic
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://jetty.4.n6.nabble.com/Jetty-6-1-25-HTTP-POST-request-executed-twice-tp4551081p4553768.html
> Sent from the Jetty Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>

(Continue reading)

olivier | 8 Mar 21:13 2012

[jetty-user] Jetty and Geoserver, error 404

Hi,

I'm using Geoserver which comes with Jetty. I want to add my own html pages
but I always get message "http error 404", NOT found,
RequestUri=/geoserver/mypage.html, even of course if the page is available.
I try to create other folder with no success.

How can I use Jetty to host my html pages ?? 

Thanks very much for your help,

Olivier

--
View this message in context: http://jetty.4.n6.nabble.com/Jetty-and-Geoserver-error-404-tp4559897p4559897.html
Sent from the Jetty Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Jesse McConnell | 9 Mar 20:51 2012
Picon

[jetty-user] Jetty 7.6.2 and 8.1.2 (v20120308) Released!

We have pushed the 7.6.2.v20120308 and 8.1.2.v20120308 releases and
they are now available for download from maven central and the usual
eclipse and codehaus download locations.

We anticipate another release that will resolve a few lingering jsp
issues related to OSGI usage so if your an osgi user you might want to
wait for the next release before updating.

cheers,
jesse

The following issues were resolved in both releases:

 + 370387 SafariWebsocketDraft0Test failure during build.
 + 371168 Update ClientCrossContextSessionTest
 + 372093 handle quotes in Require-Bundle manifest string
 + 372457 Big response + slow clients + pipelined requests cause Jetty spinning
   and eventually closing connections. Added a TODO for a method renaming that
   will happen in the next major release (to avoid break implementers).
 + 372487 JDBCSessionManager does not work with Oracle
 + 372806 Command line should accept relative paths for xml config files
 + 373037 jetty.server.Response.setContentLength(int) should not close a Writer
   when length=0
 + 373162 add improved implementation for getParameterMap(), needs a test
   though and the existing setup doesn't seem like it would easily support the
   needed test so need to do that still
 + 373306 Set default user agent extraction pattern for UserAgentFilter
 + 373567 cert validation issue with ocsp and crldp always being enabled when
   validating turned on fixed
 + JETTY-1409 GzipFilter will double-compress application/x-gzip content
(Continue reading)

Jan Bartel | 12 Mar 03:41 2012

Re: [jetty-user] Error with Basic HTTP Authentication using Karaf realm in Jetty

I suggest you enable debug and take a look at the logs and see if
there are any exceptions reported.

Jan

On 7 March 2012 18:34, quark020 <quark020 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to workout an example using basic HTTP authentication with
> ServiceMix 4.4.1 and karaf
>
> The following is my setup.
>
> ======================================================
> == web.xml
> ======================================================
> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
>  &quot;-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN&quot;
>  &quot;http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd&quot; >
>
> <web-app>
>  <display-name>Archetype Created Web Application</display-name>
>  <servlet>
>    <servlet-name>simple</servlet-name>
>    <servlet-class>org.sonatype.mavenbook.web.SimpleServlet</servlet-class>
>  </servlet>
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>simple</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>/simple</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
(Continue reading)

SpliFF | 14 Mar 07:00 2012

[jetty-user] CGI HTTPS variable not being set using AJP+Jetty

I recently switched from using a Caucho Resin backend (mod_caucho) to Jetty 7.2.2 via AJP for running Railo webapps
under Apache 2.2.19/Centos 5

An issue that has come up since the switch is that HTTPS sites no longer set the CGI scope variable 'https' to
'on' -
it's just an empty string. I'm not sure if this is a Jetty issue or Apache/AJP/Proxy related issue. My Apache
SSL vhost
contains:

        RewriteEngine On

        # Proxy CFML files to Jetty
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} /[^/:]+\.cfml*$
        RewriteRule (.*) ajp://%{HTTP_HOST}:8009$1 [P,L]

        # Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
        SSLEngine on

Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Gmane