questionnaire to help get Drools into Gartner Magic Quandrant
Mark Proctor <mproctor <at> codehaus.org>
2006-01-03 23:33:07 GMT
We are trying to get Drools into the Magic Quadrant report, however we
cannot do this unless we show that Drools the JBoss Rules engine has
atleast a 3 million "impact" on the market. Because open source is
different we can include end users as a calculated financial impact, to
do this we need to gather some answers to questions from our users. No
information will be made public, its purely for us to present to
gartner, and we can sign an NDA if necessary. If you can help please
answer these, as briefly or as detailed as you can manage, and reply to
1. What specific problem(s) were you trying to solve?
2. Describe the project itself; what was needed?
3. Is this project internal or external and how many estimated users?
4. What products & vendors did you consider?
5. Why JBoss Rules? How much did open source play in your decision?
6. Describe the implementation/size (hardware, OS, databases, # of
servers or CPUs, # of developers, etc...)
7. How long did it take you to implement your JBoss Rules solution?
How did that compare to previous projects?
8. What benefits do you realize? (ROI, cost savings, performance
improvements, developer productivity, etc...)
9. Are you now in deployment? How has JBoss performed so far? What
were the main delivered benefits from Drools?
10. What is your experience with JBoss support thus far? What support
products do you use (Professional Support, Consulting, Training)?
11. Knowing what you know now, would you choose JBoss again for