CFP: International Journal of Semantic and Infrastructure Services
2014-07-17 00:51:30 GMT
Call for Regular Papers: International Journal of Semantic and Infrastructure Services
ISSN online: 2051-5081
ISSN print: 2051-5073
The goal of IJSIS is to propose novel semantic approaches and technologies and demonstrate how these help in improving big data management. It aims to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of data infrastructure in society. It also intends to promote and coordinate developments in the field of semantic web and how these improve data and information infrastructure. The international dimension is emphasised in order to address the diversity of data and information that spreads across national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological changes in a global economy.
IJSIS provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of data management, semantic web and computing infrastructure, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. The intended audiences are data mining researchers/practitioners; specialists in academia and industry; experts who rely on computer tools for data integration, data management, data analysis; mathematicians/statisticians who are interested in model development and simulation for data; computer scientists; and post-graduate students with interests in developing and/or applying novel algorithms/methods in large-scale data management in any domain.
IJSIS publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in semantics and infrastructure technology management will occasionally be published.
Topics covered include
• Big data and its management
• Data integration and interoperability
• Semantic web technologies and formalisms for data
• Language processing techniques/principles for building/maintaining ontologies
• Scientific workflows and data cloud
• Semantic image analysis
• Ontologies and semantic web tools
• Ontology representation and exchange languages
• Ontology-assisted extraction and information retrieval from text collections
• Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 applications
• Novel architectural models for high performance and cloud computing
• New parallel/concurrent programming models for high performance applications
• Data security, privacy and jurisdiction of applications in the cloud
• Interoperability between different utility computing platforms
• Semantics in platforms and software as a service
Paper Submission Guidelines
• All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system. Read our Submitting articles page (http://www.inderscience.com/info/inauthors/author_submit.php). You need to register to use our online submission system. This is a one-time process. Choose "Int. Journal of Semantic and Infrastructure Services" in the dropdown list.
• Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
• Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
• All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
• All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available (http://www.inderscience.com/www/authorethics.pdf).
Editor in Chief
Sidhu, Amandeep S., Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia
(ijsis <at> biomap.org)
Dhillon, Sarinder K., University of Malaya, Malaysia
McGregor, Carolyn, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Wang, Jason T.L., New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
Editorial Board Members
Bansal, Srividya Kona, Arizona State University at the Polytechnic Campus, USA
Batini, Carlo, University of Milano–Bicocca, Italy
Bhowmik, Rajdeep, Cisco Systems, Inc., USA
Byna, Suren, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
Ceravolo, Paolo, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Ciuciu, Ioana, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Ferber, Marvin, University of Bayreuth, Germany
Hong, Wei-Chiang Samuelson, Oriental Institute of Technology, Taiwan
Jarrar, Mustafa, Birzeit University, Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Ko, Ryan, University of Waikato, New Zealand
Li, Wei, University of Sydney, Australia
Lukose, Dickson, MIMOS Berhad, Malaysia
Panahizar, Maryam, Wright State University, USA
Qian, Weining, East China Normal University, China
Rajaraman, Kanagasabai, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore
Roche, Christophe, Université de Savoie, France
Sahoo, Satya, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Sakharkar, Meena Kishore, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Serafini, Luciano, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
Town, Christopher, University of Cambridge, UK
_______________________________________________ Biojava-l mailing list - Biojava-l <at> mailman.open-bio.org http://mailman.open-bio.org/mailman/listinfo/biojava-l