Vinicius Barros | 1 May 03:18 2011
Picon

I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Hi,

That's great, I am waiting next instructions from google, it seems there is some paperwork to do.

Regards,
Vinicius Barros

--- Em seg, 25/4/11, no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com <no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com> escreveu:

De: no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com <no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com>
Assunto: Congratulations!
Para: viniciusbarros.gsoc <at> yahoo.com.br
Data: Segunda-feira, 25 de Abril de 2011, 15:48

Dear Vinicius,

Congratulations! Your proposal "LUCENE-1768: NumericRange support for new query parser" as submitted to "Apache Software Foundation" has been accepted for Google Summer of Code 2011. Over the next few days, we will add you to the private Google Summer of Code Student Discussion List. Over the next few weeks, we will send instructions to this list regarding turn in proof of enrollment, tax forms, etc.

Now that you've been accepted, please take the opportunity to speak with your mentors about plans for the Community Bonding Period: what documentation should you be reading, what version control system will you need to set up, etc., before start of coding begins on May 23rd.

Welcome to Google Summer of Code 2011! We look forward to having you with us.

With best regards,
The Google Summer of Code Program Administration Team

Apache Jenkins Server | 1 May 04:43 2011
Picon

[HUDSON] Lucene-trunk - Build # 1547 - Failure

Build: https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/1547/

1 tests failed.
REGRESSION:  org.apache.lucene.index.TestNRTThreads.testNRTThreads

Error Message:
Some threads threw uncaught exceptions!

Stack Trace:
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Some threads threw uncaught exceptions!
	at org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase$LuceneTestCaseRunner.runChild(LuceneTestCase.java:1246)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase$LuceneTestCaseRunner.runChild(LuceneTestCase.java:1175)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.LuceneTestCase.tearDown(LuceneTestCase.java:535)

Build Log (for compile errors):
[...truncated 11917 lines...]
Michael Busch (JIRA | 1 May 07:29 2011
Picon

[jira] [Commented] (LUCENE-3023) Land DWPT on trunk


    [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3023?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13027428#comment-13027428
] 

Michael Busch commented on LUCENE-3023:
---------------------------------------

Just a few minor comments, otherwise +1 to commit! (I'm super excited this is finally happening after the
branch was created a year ago or so!)

* In DocumentsWriterPerThreadPool: 
remove: {code}
+  //public abstract void clearThreadBindings(ThreadState perThread);
+
+  //public abstract void clearAllThreadBindings();
+
{code}

* In ThreadAffinityDocumentsWriterThreadPool#getAndLock() we had talked about switching from a
per-threadstate queue (safeway model) to a single queue (whole foods). I'm wondering if we should do that
before we commit or change that later as a separate patch?

* remove some commented out code in TestFlushByRamOrCountsPolicy#testHealthyness

> Land DWPT on trunk
> ------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-3023
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3023
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Task
>    Affects Versions: CSF branch, 4.0
>            Reporter: Simon Willnauer
>            Assignee: Simon Willnauer
>             Fix For: 4.0
>
>         Attachments: LUCENE-3023-svn-diff.patch, LUCENE-3023-ws-changes.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch,
LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023_CHANGES.patch,
LUCENE-3023_CHANGES.patch, LUCENE-3023_iw_iwc_jdoc.patch, LUCENE-3023_simonw_review.patch,
LUCENE-3023_svndiff.patch, LUCENE-3023_svndiff.patch, diffMccand.py, diffSources.patch,
diffSources.patch, realtime-TestAddIndexes-3.txt, realtime-TestAddIndexes-5.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-assert-6.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-1.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-2.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-4.txt, realtime-TestOmitTf-corrupt-0.txt
>
>
> With LUCENE-2956 we have resolved the last remaining issue for LUCENE-2324 so we can proceed landing the
DWPT development on trunk soon. I think one of the bigger issues here is to make sure that all JavaDocs for IW
etc. are still correct though. I will start going through that first.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
Simon Willnauer (JIRA | 1 May 10:23 2011
Picon

[jira] [Commented] (LUCENE-3023) Land DWPT on trunk


    [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3023?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13027439#comment-13027439
] 

Simon Willnauer commented on LUCENE-3023:
-----------------------------------------

bq. In ThreadAffinityDocumentsWriterThreadPool#getAndLock() we had talked about switching from a
per-threadstate queue (safeway model) to a single queue (whole foods). I'm wondering if we should do that
before we commit or change that later as a separate patch?

I will create a new issue for this I don't think this should block the commit merge!

all other minor stuff can be done after committing. I will take care of these issues.

> Land DWPT on trunk
> ------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-3023
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3023
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Task
>    Affects Versions: CSF branch, 4.0
>            Reporter: Simon Willnauer
>            Assignee: Simon Willnauer
>             Fix For: 4.0
>
>         Attachments: LUCENE-3023-svn-diff.patch, LUCENE-3023-ws-changes.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch,
LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023_CHANGES.patch,
LUCENE-3023_CHANGES.patch, LUCENE-3023_iw_iwc_jdoc.patch, LUCENE-3023_simonw_review.patch,
LUCENE-3023_svndiff.patch, LUCENE-3023_svndiff.patch, diffMccand.py, diffSources.patch,
diffSources.patch, realtime-TestAddIndexes-3.txt, realtime-TestAddIndexes-5.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-assert-6.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-1.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-2.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-4.txt, realtime-TestOmitTf-corrupt-0.txt
>
>
> With LUCENE-2956 we have resolved the last remaining issue for LUCENE-2324 so we can proceed landing the
DWPT development on trunk soon. I think one of the bigger issues here is to make sure that all JavaDocs for IW
etc. are still correct though. I will start going through that first.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
Uwe Schindler | 1 May 12:04 2011
Picon

RE: Link to nightly build test reports on main Lucene site needs updating

I fixed the nightly docs, once the webserver mirrors them from SVN they should appear. The
developer-resources page was completely broken. It now also contains references to the stable 3.x
branch as most users would prefer that one to fix latest bugs but don’t want to have a
backwards-incompatible version.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe <at> thetaphi.de

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Simon Willnauer [mailto:simon.willnauer <at> googlemail.com]
> Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:42 PM
> To: java-user <at> lucene.apache.org
> Cc: dev <at> lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Link to nightly build test reports on main Lucene site needs
> updating
> 
> thanks tom,
> I cced dev <at> l.a.o
> 
> simon
> 
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw <at> umich.edu>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I went to look at the "Hudson nightly builds" and tried to follow the
> > link from the main Lucene page
> > http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/developer-resources.html#Nightly
> >
> >
> > The links  to the Clover Test Coverage Reports  point to
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/clover/  but apparently hudson.zones.apache.org
> is no longer being used.  I think the link should point to somewhere
> on  https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/.
> > Is this the right list to alert whoever maintains the main Lucene pages on
> lucene.apache.org?
> > Tom
> >
> >
> >
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe <at> lucene.apache.org For additional
> commands, e-mail: dev-help <at> lucene.apache.org
Uwe Schindler (JIRA | 1 May 12:09 2011
Picon

[jira] [Commented] (LUCENE-3023) Land DWPT on trunk


    [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3023?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13027447#comment-13027447
] 

Uwe Schindler commented on LUCENE-3023:
---------------------------------------

Thanks Simon!

As noted before, this is minor and should be done after the merge was committed, else it would produce lot of
useless work :(

I will commit this tomorrow morning MEST.

After committing, I will move the branch as a new SVN tag (realtime_DWPT_latest or like that) and if
somebody wants to start again with more realtime work, we should branch again (according to the SVN book: a
reintegrated branch cannot be used for development anymore and should be removed).

> Land DWPT on trunk
> ------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-3023
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3023
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Task
>    Affects Versions: CSF branch, 4.0
>            Reporter: Simon Willnauer
>            Assignee: Simon Willnauer
>             Fix For: 4.0
>
>         Attachments: LUCENE-3023-svn-diff.patch, LUCENE-3023-ws-changes.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch,
LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023.patch, LUCENE-3023_CHANGES.patch,
LUCENE-3023_CHANGES.patch, LUCENE-3023_iw_iwc_jdoc.patch, LUCENE-3023_simonw_review.patch,
LUCENE-3023_svndiff.patch, LUCENE-3023_svndiff.patch, diffMccand.py, diffSources.patch,
diffSources.patch, realtime-TestAddIndexes-3.txt, realtime-TestAddIndexes-5.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-assert-6.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-1.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-2.txt,
realtime-TestIndexWriterExceptions-npe-4.txt, realtime-TestOmitTf-corrupt-0.txt
>
>
> With LUCENE-2956 we have resolved the last remaining issue for LUCENE-2324 so we can proceed landing the
DWPT development on trunk soon. I think one of the bigger issues here is to make sure that all JavaDocs for IW
etc. are still correct though. I will start going through that first.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
Uwe Schindler | 1 May 12:16 2011
Picon

RE: svn commit: r1098242 - in /lucene/java/site: docs/ docs/skin/ src/documentation/content/xdocs/

BTW: The broken hatcher3 picture is not my fault, it's also broken on Manning's page!

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe <at> thetaphi.de

> -----Original Message-----
> From: uschindler <at> apache.org [mailto:uschindler <at> apache.org]
> Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 12:03 PM
> To: java-commits <at> lucene.apache.org
> Subject: svn commit: r1098242 - in /lucene/java/site: docs/ docs/skin/
> src/documentation/content/xdocs/
> 
> Author: uschindler
> Date: Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
> New Revision: 1098242
> 
> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1098242&view=rev
> Log:
> Fix nightly build docs.
> 
> Modified:
>     lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess
>     lucene/java/site/docs/developer-resources.html
>     lucene/java/site/docs/developer-resources.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/features.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/index.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/irc.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/linkmap.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/mailinglists.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/releases.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/skin/basic.css
>     lucene/java/site/docs/skin/print.css
>     lucene/java/site/docs/skin/profile.css
>     lucene/java/site/docs/skin/screen.css
>     lucene/java/site/docs/systemrequirements.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/docs/whoweare.pdf
>     lucene/java/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/developer-
> resources.xml
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess?rev=1098242
> &r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/docs/.htaccess Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -2,5 +2,5  <at>  <at> 
>  #ignoring the meta http-equiv charset tags  AddDefaultCharset off
> 
> -Redirect Permanent /java/docs/api
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/all
> -Redirect Permanent /java/docs/nightly/api
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/all
> +Redirect Permanent /java/docs/api
> +https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc
> +Redirect Permanent /java/docs/nightly/api
> +https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/developer-resources.html
> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/developer-
> resources.html?rev=1098242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/docs/developer-resources.html (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/docs/developer-resources.html Sun May  1 10:03:16
> +++ 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -272,59 +272,106  <at>  <at>  document.write("Last Published: " + docu  <a
> name="N10011"></a><a name="source"></a>
>  <h2 class="boxed">Source Code</h2>
>  <div class="section">
> -<p>The source files are now stored using Subversion (see
> http://subversion.tigris.org/ and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)
> -   </p>
> -<p>
> -
> -<span class="codefrag">svn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk
> lucene/dev/trunk</span>
> +<p>The source files are now stored using Subversion (see
> +http://subversion.tigris.org/ and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)</p>
> +<ul>
> +
> +<li>Latest <b>trunk</b>:
> +     <span class="codefrag">svn checkout
> +http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk lucene_trunk</span>
> +
> +</li>
> 
> -</p>
> +<li>Latest <b>stable 3.x branch</b>:
> +     <span class="codefrag">svn checkout
> +http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x
> +lucene_3x</span>
> +
> +</li>
> +
> +</ul>
>  </div>
> 
> -<a name="N10021"></a><a name="Changes"></a>
> +<a name="N1002F"></a><a name="Changes"></a>
>  <h2 class="boxed">Changes List</h2>
>  <div class="section">
> -<p>Current changes list (as of the most recent nightly build) is available
> -        <a
> href="http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/lucene/build/docs/changes/Changes.html
> ">
> -        here</a>.</p>
> +<ul>
> +
> +<li>Current changes list <em>(as of the most recent nightly <b>trunk</b>
> build)</em> is available
> +        <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/changes/Changes.html">
> +        here</a>.</li>
> +
> +<li>Current changes list <em>(as of the most recent nightly <b>stable 3.x
> branch</b> build)</em> is available
> +        <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/changes/Changes.html">
> +        here</a>.</li>
> +
> +</ul>
>  </div>
> 
> -<a name="N1002E"></a><a name="Making a Contribution"></a>
> +<a name="N10052"></a><a name="Making a Contribution"></a>
>  <h2 class="boxed">Making a Contribution</h2>  <div class="section"> -
> <p>Lucene Java is always looking for contributions, especially in the areas of
> documentation.  See the <a href="http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-
> java">Wiki</a> for details on contributing. </p>
> +<p>Lucene Java is always looking for contributions, especially in the
> +areas of documentation. See the <a
> +href="http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java">Wiki</a> for details on
> +contributing.</p>
>  </div>
> 
> -<a name="N1003B"></a><a name="Nightly"></a>
> +<a name="N1005F"></a><a name="Nightly"></a>
>  <h2 class="boxed">Nightly Builds</h2>
>  <div class="section">
>  <p>
> 
> -<a href="http://hudson.dev.java.net/">Hudson</a> is providing
> continuous integration capabilities to the Lucene
> -      project.   It is responsible for running nightly builds, code coverage
> reports as well as building the nightly version
> +<a href="http://jenkins-ci.org/">Jenkins</a> is providing continuous
> integration capabilities to the Lucene
> +      project. It is responsible for running nightly builds, code
> +coverage reports as well as building the nightly version
>        of the website.
>        </p>
> -<a name="N10047"></a><a name="Documentation"></a>
> +<a name="N1006B"></a><a name="Documentation"></a>
>  <h3 class="boxed">Nightly Build Documentation</h3> -<p>Unofficial
> Documentation from the nightly build is available <a
> href="http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/index.html">here</a>.</
> p>
> -<a name="N10054"></a><a name="Javadocs"></a>
> +<p>Unofficial Documentation <em>(as of the most recent nightly
> +<b>trunk</b> build)</em> is available <a
> +href="http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/index.html">here</a>.
> <
> +/p> <a name="N1007E"></a><a name="Javadocs"></a>
>  <h3 class="boxed">Nightly Build Javadocs</h3> -<p>Unofficial Javadocs
> from the nightly build are available <a href="api/index.html">here</a>.</p>
> -<a name="N10061"></a><a name="Clover"></a>
> +<p>Unofficial nightly Javadocs are also generated by Jenkins:</p> <ul>
> +
> +<li>Unofficial Javadocs from the nightly <b>trunk</b> build are
> +available <a
> +href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/javadoc/">here<
> +/a>.</li>
> +
> +<li>Unofficial Javadocs from the nightly <b>stable 3.x branch</b> build
> +are available <a
> +href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/javadoc/">here</a
> +>.</li>
> +
> +</ul>
> +<a name="N1009E"></a><a name="Clover"></a>
>  <h3 class="boxed">Clover Test Coverage Reports</h3>  <p>
> -
> -<a href="http://www.cenqua.com/clover/">Clover</a>
> -            test coverage results are available
> -            <a
> href="http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/clover/">here</a>
> -            for the nightly build.
> -        </p>
> -<a name="N10072"></a><a name="Downloads"></a>
> +<a href="http://www.atlassian.com/software/clover/">Clover</a> test
> +coverage results are available:</p> <ul>
> +
> +<li>
> +            As of the most recent nightly <b>trunk</b> build:
> +            <a
> +href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/lastSuccessfulB
> +uild/clover-report/">here</a>
> +
> +</li>
> +
> +<li>
> +            As of the most recent nightly <b>stable 3.x branch</b> build:
> +            <a
> +href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-3.x/lastSuccessfulBui
> +ld/clover-report/">here</a>
> +
> +</li>
> +
> +</ul>
> +<a name="N100C1"></a><a name="Downloads"></a>
>  <h3 class="boxed">Nightly Build Download</h3> -<p>Nightly build artifacts
> are based on the trunk version of the code checked into
> -            <a
> href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk">SVN</a>.
> -        </p>
> -<a
> href="http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/">Download Artifacts</a>
> +<ul>
> +
> +<li>Nightly build artifacts are based on the <b>trunk</b> version of the
> code checked into
> +            <a
> +href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk">SVN</a>:<br
> >
> +
> +<a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/">Download trunk Artifacts</a>.
> +          Also Maven artifacts are available
> +          <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/maven_artifacts/">here</a>.
> +        </li>
> +
> +<li>Nightly build artifacts are based on the <b>stable 3.x branch</b>
> version of the code checked into
> +            <a
> +href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x"
> >S
> +VN</a>:<br>
> +
> +<a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/">Download 3.x Artifacts</a>.
> +          Also Maven artifacts are available
> +          <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/maven_artifacts/">here</a>.
> +        </li>
> +
> +</ul>
>  </div>
> 
> 
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/developer-resources.pdf
> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/developer-
> resources.pdf?rev=1098242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/features.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/features.pdf?rev=1098
> 242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/index.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/index.pdf?rev=109824
> 2&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/irc.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/irc.pdf?rev=1098242&r
> 1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/linkmap.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/linkmap.pdf?rev=1098
> 242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/mailinglists.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/mailinglists.pdf?rev=10
> 98242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/releases.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/releases.pdf?rev=1098
> 242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/skin/basic.css
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/skin/basic.css?rev=109
> 8242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/docs/skin/basic.css (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/docs/skin/basic.css Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -163,4 +163,4  <at>  <at>  p {
>  .codefrag {
>    font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace;
>    font-size: 110%;
> -}
> \ No newline at end of file
> +}
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/skin/print.css
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/skin/print.css?rev=109
> 8242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/docs/skin/print.css (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/docs/skin/print.css Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -51,4 +51,4  <at>  <at>  a:link, a:visited {
> 
>  acronym {
>    border: 0;
> -}
> \ No newline at end of file
> +}
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/skin/profile.css
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/skin/profile.css?rev=10
> 98242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/docs/skin/profile.css (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/docs/skin/profile.css Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -172,4 +172,4  <at>  <at>  a:hover { color:#6587ff}
>      }
> 
> 
> -
> \ No newline at end of file
> +
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/skin/screen.css
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/skin/screen.css?rev=1
> 098242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/docs/skin/screen.css (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/docs/skin/screen.css Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -593,4 +593,4  <at>  <at>  p.instruction {
>    list-style-image: url('../images/instruction_arrow.png');
>    list-style-position: outside;
>    margin-left: 2em;
> -}
> \ No newline at end of file
> +}
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/systemrequirements.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/systemrequirements.p
> df?rev=1098242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/docs/whoweare.pdf
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/docs/whoweare.pdf?rev=10
> 98242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> Binary files - no diff available.
> 
> Modified: lucene/java/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/developer-
> resources.xml
> URL:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/src/documentation/content
> /xdocs/developer-
> resources.xml?rev=1098242&r1=1098241&r2=1098242&view=diff
> ==========================================================
> ====================
> --- lucene/java/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/developer-
> resources.xml (original)
> +++ lucene/java/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/developer-
> resources.xml Sun May  1 10:03:16 2011
>  <at>  <at>  -5,49 +5,75  <at>  <at> 
>  <author email="gsingers <at> apache.org">Grant Ingersoll</author>
>  </properties>
>  <body>
> -<section id="source">
> -   <title>Source Code</title>
> -   <p>The source files are now stored using Subversion (see
> http://subversion.tigris.org/ and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)
> -   </p>
> -   <p>
> -     <code>svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk
> lucene/dev/trunk</code>
> -   </p>
> +<section id="source"><title>Source Code</title>
> +  <p>The source files are now stored using Subversion (see
> http://subversion.tigris.org/ and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/)</p>
> +  <ul>
> +   <li>Latest <b>trunk</b>:
> +     <code>svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk
> lucene_trunk</code>
> +   </li>
> +   <li>Latest <b>stable 3.x branch</b>:
> +     <code>svn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x
> lucene_3x</code>
> +   </li>
> +  </ul>
>  </section>
>  <section id="Changes"><title>Changes List</title>
> -      <p>Current changes list (as of the most recent nightly build) is available
> -        <a
> href="http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/lucene/build/docs/changes/Changes.html
> ">
> -        here</a>.</p>
> +    <ul>
> +      <li>Current changes list <em>(as of the most recent nightly
> <b>trunk</b> build)</em> is available
> +        <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/changes/Changes.html">
> +        here</a>.</li>
> +      <li>Current changes list <em>(as of the most recent nightly <b>stable
> 3.x branch</b> build)</em> is available
> +        <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/changes/Changes.html">
> +        here</a>.</li>
> +    </ul>
>  </section>
>  <section id="Making a Contribution"><title>Making a Contribution</title>
> -    <p>Lucene Java is always looking for contributions, especially in the areas
> of documentation.  See the <a
> -    href="http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java">Wiki</a> for details on
> contributing. </p>
> +    <p>Lucene Java is always looking for contributions, especially in the areas
> of documentation. See the <a
> +    href="http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java">Wiki</a> for details on
> contributing.</p>
>  </section>
>  <section id="Nightly"><title>Nightly Builds</title>
>        <p>
> -      <a href="http://hudson.dev.java.net/">Hudson</a> is providing
> continuous integration capabilities to the Lucene
> -      project.   It is responsible for running nightly builds, code coverage
> reports as well as building the nightly version
> +      <a href="http://jenkins-ci.org/">Jenkins</a> is providing continuous
> integration capabilities to the Lucene
> +      project. It is responsible for running nightly builds, code coverage reports
> as well as building the nightly version
>        of the website.
>        </p>
>      <section id="Documentation"><title>Nightly Build Documentation</title>
> -      <p>Unofficial Documentation from the nightly build is available <a
> href="http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/index.html">here</a>.</
> p>
> +      <p>Unofficial Documentation <em>(as of the most recent nightly
> <b>trunk</b> build)</em> is available <a
> href="http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/nightly/index.html">here</a>.</
> p>
>      </section>
>      <section id="Javadocs"><title>Nightly Build Javadocs</title>
> -    <p>Unofficial Javadocs from the nightly build are available <a
> href="api/index.html">here</a>.</p>
> +      <p>Unofficial nightly Javadocs are also generated by Jenkins:</p>
> +      <ul>
> +        <li>Unofficial Javadocs from the nightly <b>trunk</b> build are
> available <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/javadoc/">here</a>.</li>
> +        <li>Unofficial Javadocs from the nightly <b>stable 3.x branch</b> build
> are available <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/javadoc/">here</a>.</li>
> +      </ul>
>      </section>
>      <section id="Clover"><title>Clover Test Coverage Reports</title>
> -        <p>
> -            <a href="http://www.cenqua.com/clover/">Clover</a>
> -            test coverage results are available
> -            <a
> href="http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/clover/">here</a>
> -            for the nightly build.
> -        </p>
> +      <p><a href="http://www.atlassian.com/software/clover/">Clover</a>
> test coverage results are available:</p>
> +      <ul>
> +        <li>
> +            As of the most recent nightly <b>trunk</b> build:
> +            <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/clover-report/">here</a>
> +        </li>
> +        <li>
> +            As of the most recent nightly <b>stable 3.x branch</b> build:
> +            <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/clover-report/">here</a>
> +        </li>
> +      </ul>
>      </section>
> -    <section id="Downloads">
> -        <title>Nightly Build Download</title>
> -        <p>Nightly build artifacts are based on the trunk version of the code
> checked into
> -            <a
> href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk">SVN</a>.
> -        </p>
> -        <a
> href="http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Lucene/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/">Download Artifacts</a>
> +    <section id="Downloads"><title>Nightly Build Download</title>
> +      <ul>
> +        <li>Nightly build artifacts are based on the <b>trunk</b> version of the
> code checked into
> +            <a
> href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk">SVN</a>:<br/>
> +          <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/">Download trunk Artifacts</a>.
> +          Also Maven artifacts are available
> +          <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-
> trunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/maven_artifacts/">here</a>.
> +        </li>
> +        <li>Nightly build artifacts are based on the <b>stable 3.x branch</b>
> version of the code checked into
> +            <a
> href="https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/branches/branch_3x">
> SVN</a>:<br/>
> +          <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/">Download 3.x Artifacts</a>.
> +          Also Maven artifacts are available
> +          <a href="https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-
> 3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/maven_artifacts/">here</a>.
> +        </li>
> +      </ul>
>      </section>
>  </section>
> 
> 
Michael McCandless | 1 May 12:24 2011

Re: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Welcome Vinicius!  This is a badly needed feature and I'm glad you're
working on it :)

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Vinicius Barros
<viniciusbarros.gsoc <at> yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> That's great, I am waiting next instructions from google, it seems there is some paperwork to do.
> Regards,
> Vinicius Barros
>
> --- Em seg, 25/4/11, no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com <no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com> escreveu:
>
> De: no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com <no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com>
> Assunto: Congratulations!
> Para: viniciusbarros.gsoc <at> yahoo.com.br
> Data: Segunda-feira, 25 de Abril de 2011, 15:48
>
> Dear Vinicius,
>
> Congratulations! Your proposal "LUCENE-1768: NumericRange support for new query parser" as submitted
to "Apache Software Foundation" has been accepted for Google Summer of Code 2011. Over the next few days,
we will add you to the private Google Summer of Code Student Discussion List. Over the next few weeks, we
will send instructions to this list regarding turn in proof of enrollment, tax forms, etc.
>
> Now that you've been accepted, please take the opportunity to speak with your mentors about plans for the
Community Bonding Period: what documentation should you be reading, what version control system will
you need to set up, etc., before start of coding begins on May 23rd.
>
> Welcome to Google Summer of Code 2011! We look forward to having you with us.
>
> With best regards,
> The Google Summer of Code Program Administration Team
Michael McCandless (JIRA | 1 May 12:27 2011
Picon

[jira] [Commented] (LUCENE-3057) LuceneTestCase#newFSDirectoryImpl misses to set LockFactory if ctor call throws exception


    [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3057?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13027448#comment-13027448
] 

Michael McCandless commented on LUCENE-3057:
--------------------------------------------

Patch looks great Simon; thanks for catching this selckin!  Maybe you can rip out the random number
generator in your machine and donate it to Apache!!!

> LuceneTestCase#newFSDirectoryImpl misses to set LockFactory if ctor call throws exception
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-3057
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3057
>             Project: Lucene - Java
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Tests
>    Affects Versions: 4.0
>            Reporter: Simon Willnauer
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 4.0
>
>         Attachments: LUCENE-3057.patch
>
>
> selckin reported on IRC that if you run ant test -Dtestcase=TestLockFactory
-Dtestmethod=testNativeFSLockFactoryPrefix -Dtests.directory=FSDirectory the test fails. Since
FSDirectory is an abstract class it can not be instantiated so our code falls back to FSDirector.open. yet
we miss to set the given lockFactory though.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
Uwe Schindler | 1 May 12:36 2011
Picon

RE: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

Welcome Vinicius,

 

I am glad to hear that you (my mentee) are one of the 5 students that are working for Apache Lucene/Solr this year. Until the coding officially starts, we should also sort out the infrastructure things like where to put the code and make a plan how to start. We should keep in close contact.

 

Uwe

 

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de

eMail: uwe <at> thetaphi.de

 

From: Vinicius Barros [mailto:viniciusbarros.gsoc <at> yahoo.com.br]
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:18 AM
To: dev <at> lucene.apache.org; uschindler <at> apache.org
Subject: I was accepted in GSoC!!!

 

Hi,

 

That's great, I am waiting next instructions from google, it seems there is some paperwork to do.

 

Regards,
Vinicius Barros

--- Em seg, 25/4/11, no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com <no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com> escreveu:


De: no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com <no-reply <at> socghop.appspotmail.com>
Assunto: Congratulations!
Para: viniciusbarros.gsoc <at> yahoo.com.br
Data: Segunda-feira, 25 de Abril de 2011, 15:48

Dear Vinicius,

Congratulations! Your proposal "LUCENE-1768: NumericRange support for new query parser" as submitted to "Apache Software Foundation" has been accepted for Google Summer of Code 2011. Over the next few days, we will add you to the private Google Summer of Code Student Discussion List. Over the next few weeks, we will send instructions to this list regarding turn in proof of enrollment, tax forms, etc.

Now that you've been accepted, please take the opportunity to speak with your mentors about plans for the Community Bonding Period: what documentation should you be reading, what version control system will you need to set up, etc., before start of coding begins on May 23rd.

Welcome to Google Summer of Code 2011! We look forward to having you with us.

With best regards,
The Google Summer of Code Program Administration Team

 


Gmane