Henri Yandell | 1 Jul 11:11 2006

Re: JIRA admin


Done.

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> Would be usefull to add me to JIRA admin (I know what I am doing, did jira 
> admin at codehaus) :)
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>> 
>> There are two different concepts of admin.
>> 
>> Firstly, there's a jakarta-admin group; which has the ability to administer 
>> projects that use the jakarta permission scheme. Secondly there's jira 
>> admin, which is needed to add people to the jakarta groups.
>> 
>> Anyone on the PMC is eligible for the jakarta-admin group; while there are 
>> about a hundred people in the jira admin group so usually quite easy to 
>> find someone.
>> 
>> Irritating that there's no way to add people to the group without being a 
>> global jira admin; need to request that feature of atlassian as it seems 
>> desirable.
>> 
>> I've added you to jakarta-admin and jakarta-dev. Should I add to 
>> jira-admin?
>> 
(Continue reading)

Aaron Smuts | 7 Jul 02:25 2006
Picon

developer rights to JCS on JIRA

Can someone please give the user asmuts developer
rights to the JCS project on JIRA.

Cheers,  

Aaron 
Henri Yandell | 7 Jul 10:06 2006

Re: developer rights to JCS on JIRA


Done. jakarta-admin and jakarta-developer groups added.

Hen

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Aaron Smuts wrote:

> Can someone please give the user asmuts developer
> rights to the JCS project on JIRA.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Aaron
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe <at> jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help <at> jakarta.apache.org
>
Craig McClanahan | 9 Jul 05:10 2006
Picon

[ANNOUNCE][SHALE] Apache Shale Top Level Project Is Now Up And Running

You might have seen the recent announcement that Apache Shale, originally
developed as part of the Apache Struts project, has been approved as an
Apache top level project of its own.  This message is an announcement that
the project resources are now completely set up (thanks to the prompt
attention of the Apache infrastructure team), and ready for use:

Project Web Site:
  http://shale.apache.org/

Project Wiki Site:
  http://wiki.apache.org/shale/

Mailing List Information / Subscription / Archive Links:
  http://shale.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Nightly Builds:
  http://people.apache.org/builds/shale/

On the web site, you will notice that there is, as of yet, no logo for the
project.  In fact, we would really like two images -- one for the web site
logo, and a "Powered By Shale" logo that can optionally be included by web
applications built with Shale.  As someone who can barely draw a rectangle
with straight lines, this seems like the perfect opportunity to get the
community involved in a design ... so we're going to have a logo contest.
Read about it on our wiki page, and submit your creative ideas there:

  http://wiki.apache.org/shale/LogoContest

then, join the Shale User mailing list and root for your favorites.

(Continue reading)

Roland Weber | 10 Jul 19:24 2006
Picon

Re: testing.apache.org, take 2

Hi folks,

what has happened to this thread? Ever since Henri wrote that
it's heading in the right direction, it seems to be dead. Bad
beer chitchat hangover? Summer break? Everyone busy watching
soccer? Or were my last suggestions so far off that they don't
even deserve a response?

Just to get discussion starting again, here is yet another
alternative name suggestion:

     "The Rack"

in reminiscence of a 70s british TV series :-)
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~carnfort/Professionals/b02.htm

cheers,
  Roland
Jesse Kuhnert | 10 Jul 19:30 2006
Picon

Re: testing.apache.org, take 2

"The Rack" conjures up images having nothing to do with torture for me.
(probably because I'm such a filthy animal) ;)

On 7/10/06, Roland Weber <http-async <at> dubioso.net> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> what has happened to this thread? Ever since Henri wrote that
> it's heading in the right direction, it seems to be dead. Bad
> beer chitchat hangover? Summer break? Everyone busy watching
> soccer? Or were my last suggestions so far off that they don't
> even deserve a response?
>
> Just to get discussion starting again, here is yet another
> alternative name suggestion:
>
>      "The Rack"
>
> in reminiscence of a 70s british TV series :-)
> http://www.personal.u-net.com/~carnfort/Professionals/b02.htm
>
> cheers,
>   Roland
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe <at> jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help <at> jakarta.apache.org
>
>

(Continue reading)

Henri Yandell | 10 Jul 21:59 2006

Re: testing.apache.org, take 2


On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Henri Yandell wrote:

> There's a security related one in front of the board this month, which has 
> much of the same issues as the testing one so (I reckon) that'll be just as 
> educational as pushing the current testing thoughts to the board.

This resolution was passed, but it ended up just being the promotion of 
the XML Security subproject to TLP (as Santuario). XML's slowly breaking 
up as a TLP, so this was a natural continuation of that.

Hen
Roland Weber | 11 Jul 17:26 2006
Picon

Re: testing.apache.org, take 2

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> "The Rack" conjures up images having nothing to do with torture for me.
> (probably because I'm such a filthy animal) ;)

I guess software quality would be much higher
if more people had *fun* with testing... ;-)

cheers,
  Roland
Han ChuanBing | 12 Jul 03:00 2006
Picon

Re: testing.apache.org, take 2

It's very hard to have fun with testing, especially when a job shall be
repeated again and again.
Maybe a robot can do that when there is a standard.

On 7/11/06, Roland Weber <http-async <at> dubioso.net> wrote:
>
> Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> > "The Rack" conjures up images having nothing to do with torture for me.
> > (probably because I'm such a filthy animal) ;)
>
> I guess software quality would be much higher
> if more people had *fun* with testing... ;-)
>
> cheers,
> Roland
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe <at> jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help <at> jakarta.apache.org
>
>
Jesse Kuhnert | 12 Jul 06:02 2006
Picon

Re: testing.apache.org, take 2

But testing ~is~ fun when you know from experience how much time it is
saving you. (sort of...as fun as programming can be right? who said we
weren't robots ? ;) )

On 7/11/06, Han ChuanBing <hanchuanbing <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's very hard to have fun with testing, especially when a job shall be
> repeated again and again.
> Maybe a robot can do that when there is a standard.
>
>
> On 7/11/06, Roland Weber <http-async <at> dubioso.net> wrote:
> >
> > Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> > > "The Rack" conjures up images having nothing to do with torture for
> me.
> > > (probably because I'm such a filthy animal) ;)
> >
> > I guess software quality would be much higher
> > if more people had *fun* with testing... ;-)
> >
> > cheers,
> > Roland
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe <at> jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: general-help <at> jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >
>
(Continue reading)


Gmane