[Announce] Apache POI 3.1 BETA2 Released
Yegor Kozlov <yegor <at> apache.org>
2008-05-28 06:30:18 GMT
The POI team is pleased to announce the release of 3.1 BETA2 which is one of the final steps before 3.1 FINAL.
Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and
writing OLE2 office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and
The status of this release is a beta, meaning that we encourage users to try it out.
If you find any bugs, please report them to the POI bug database or to
the poi-dev mailing list.
Summary of changes since 3.1-beta1:
* fix44306 - fixed reading/writing of AttrPtg(type=choose) and method toFormulaString() for CHOOSE formulas(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix24207 - added HSSFName.isDeleted() to check if the name points to cell that no longer exists(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix40414 - fixed selected/active sheet after removing sheet from workbook(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix44523 - fixed workbook sheet selection and focus(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix45000 - Fixed NPE in ListLevel when numberText is null(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix44985 - Properly update TextSpecInfoAtom when the parent text is changed(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix41187 - fixed HSSFSheet to properly read xls files without ROW records(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix44950 - fixed HSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluateInCell() and Area3DEval.getValue() also added
validation for number of elements
* fix42570 - fixed LabelRecord to use empty string instead of null when the length is zero.(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix42564 - fixed ArrayPtg to use ConstantValueParser. Fixed a few other ArrayPtg encoding issues.(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fixFollow-on from 28754 - StringPtg.toFormulaString() should escape double quotes(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix44929 - Improved error handling in HSSFWorkbook when attempting to read a BIFF5 file(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix44675 - Parameter operand classes (function metadata) required to encode SUM() etc properly.
Added parse validation for number of parameters(POI-DEVELOPERS)
* fix44921 - allow Ptg.writeBytes() to be called on relative ref Ptgs (RefN* and AreaN*)(POI-DEVELOPERS)