Martin Schreiber | 1 Sep 06:06 2009

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

IvankoB wrote:

>> But then there must be traces of detecting/coping the issues with Qt/GTK+
>> in related rooms at the Net :)
>>
>>
> 
> There's smth after googling for "ubuntu 9.04 region repaint nvidia
> problem", for instance:
> 
My graphic chip is ATI Radeon.

IvankoB | 1 Sep 09:34 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

>> There's smth after googling for "ubuntu 9.04 region repaint nvidia
>> problem", for instance:
>>
> My graphic chip is ATI Radeon.

Temprorary replacement with old 5$ cheap NV card ?

IvankoB | 1 Sep 09:36 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

>> There's smth after googling for "ubuntu 9.04 region repaint nvidia
>> problem", for instance:
>>
> My graphic chip is ATI Radeon.

Debian/Ubuntu people with NV-cards proprietary drivers >=180.22, do You 
still have the repainting problems ?

1) me - not
2) ...

IvankoB | 1 Sep 09:54 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

>> My graphic chip is ATI Radeon.
>
> Debian/Ubuntu people with NV-cards proprietary drivers >=180.22, do You 
> still have the repainting problems ?
>
> 1) me - not
> 2) ...
>
>

And do someone use COMPIZ ( 3D effects etc) as the window manager  to 
KDE/GNome? It's known to cause repainting problems.

Graeme Geldenhuys | 1 Sep 11:40 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

IvankoB wrote:
> 
> And do someone use COMPIZ ( 3D effects etc) as the window manager  to 
> KDE/GNome? It's known to cause repainting problems.

I used NVidia on one system and ATI Radeon on two other systems. They
ALL showed the painting bug with MSEgui. None of the systems had Compiz
enabled.

So the problem is NOT just related to NVidia, but ATI too. Hence the
reason Martin and I think it's a bug in X itself and not the drivers
being used.

Why Qt and GTK do not show the problems, I have no clue! I can say that
any Windows application run via WINE did show the same problem I
reported with fpGUI Toolkit. Though with fpGUI I never experienced the
corrupted painting as Martin reported. Instead I experienced line
drawing issues, where end-points did not touch, when they should. So
there were gaps in consecutive line drawing routines.

Regards,
  Graeme.

Christian Nobel | 1 Sep 12:18 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> So the problem is NOT just related to NVidia, but ATI too. Hence the
> reason Martin and I think it's a bug in X itself and not the drivers
> being used.

Add Intel 945 + 960!
With and without Compiz

> Why Qt and GTK do not show the problems, I have no clue!

Maybe better testing from the Ubuntu crew.

The problem actually also occurs when connection to a free NX server, 
using the NX client - then the host makes a similar error in the client 
window.

/Christian

IvankoB | 1 Sep 12:42 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

>> So the problem is NOT just related to NVidia, but ATI too. Hence the
>> reason Martin and I think it's a bug in X itself and not the drivers
>> being used.
>
> Add Intel 945 + 960!
> With and without Compiz
>

With kernel VESA framebufferr & "fbdev" & "UseFBDev" as well ?

> The problem actually also occurs when connection to a free NX server, 
> using the NX client - then the host makes a similar error in the client 
> window.
>
> /Christian
>

Or XDamage ?

IvankoB | 1 Sep 13:28 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

> Why Qt and GTK do not show the problems, I have no clue! I can say that
> any Windows application run via WINE did show the same problem I
> reported with fpGUI Toolkit.

At me WINE apps don't highlit mouse choice in UltraISO. But it's a 100% WINE 
fault since with older WINE there was a serious failure there  ;)

IvankoB | 1 Sep 13:30 2009
Picon

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 with custom draw GUI toolkits

>> And do someone use COMPIZ ( 3D effects etc) as the window manager  to
>> KDE/GNome? It's known to cause repainting problems.
>
> I used NVidia on one system and ATI Radeon on two other systems. They
> ALL showed the painting bug with MSEgui. None of the systems had Compiz
> enabled.
>
> So the problem is NOT just related to NVidia, but ATI too. Hence the
> reason Martin and I think it's a bug in X itself and not the drivers
> being used.

Martin, have You checked with a Ubuntu LiveCD at Your ATI ?

Christian Nobel | 1 Sep 15:31 2009
Picon

Name of form.

If I make a new form, lets call it input, it is created like this:

type
  tinputfo = class(tmseform)
  end;
var
  inputfo: tinputfo;

I would prefer it was called inputform (like Delphi), is there a way to 
set MSEGui up to behave like that?

Thanks
Christian


Gmane