Chris Spencer | 22 Jan 06:03 2010
Picon

Re: 20100113 Test build available effects on Boa Constructor

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:29:15 -0500, Chris Spencer
<cspencer@...> wrote:

>I know this should go on the Boa Constructor list (and I will, once
>you release the final version of wxPython 2.9.x).  Still, I thought it
>should be pointed out that this version of wxPython COMPLETELY breaks
>Boa Constructor.
>
>wx.StandardPathsBase evidently now needs a wx.App instantiated first.
>and the property wx.NO_3D no longer exists.
>
>I'm not thinking these are bugs to be fixed, but I thought this list
>should be made aware of the effects of the 2.9.x branch on Boa
>Constructor.
>
>Chris.
>
>-- 
>To unsubscribe, send email to wxPython-dev+unsubscribe@...
>or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wxPython-dev?hl=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
Tim Black | 22 Jan 17:57 2010

Re: 20100113 Test build available effects on Boa Constructor

Thanks for the notice, Chris.  I know this list is very quiet now, but I thought I'd mention that I still use and love Boa Constructor for a few reasons:  Boa Constructor provides usable code completion, call tips, refactoring support, debugging that just works without any configuration, code browsing, TODO list, interactive console, and GUI creation all wrapped into one interface.

Aptana's PyDev extension to Eclipse has eclipsed Boa to some extent in some but not all of these areas.  So here's how I work:  If I only need a quick edit or a quick script, I use gedit.  If I need more features, I use Boa.  If I need even more web-development features, I use Aptana.  So Boa continues to hold a very important place in my toolbox.

Specifically, Aptana can replace Boa for syntax highlighting, code completion, call tips, refactoring, code outline but not browsing, and TODO list.  So far its debugger, interactive console, code browsing, TODO list, and GUI creation have not matched Boa's for me.

Tim

Chris Spencer wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:29:15 -0500, Chris Spencer <cspencer-vDbLwGUA7lNWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I know this should go on the Boa Constructor list (and I will, once you release the final version of wxPython 2.9.x). Still, I thought it should be pointed out that this version of wxPython COMPLETELY breaks Boa Constructor. wx.StandardPathsBase evidently now needs a wx.App instantiated first. and the property wx.NO_3D no longer exists. I'm not thinking these are bugs to be fixed, but I thought this list should be made aware of the effects of the 2.9.x branch on Boa Constructor. Chris. -- To unsubscribe, send email to wxPython-dev+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wxPython-dev?hl=en
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev _______________________________________________ Boa-constructor-users mailing list Boa-constructor-users-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Boa-constructor-users mailing list
Boa-constructor-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users
Werner F. Bruhin | 22 Jan 19:36 2010
Picon

Re: 20100113 Test build available effects on Boa Constructor

Chris,

On 22/01/2010 06:03, Chris Spencer wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:29:15 -0500, Chris Spencer
> <cspencer@...>  wrote:
>
>> I know this should go on the Boa Constructor list (and I will, once
>> you release the final version of wxPython 2.9.x).  Still, I thought it
>> should be pointed out that this version of wxPython COMPLETELY breaks
>> Boa Constructor.
>>
>> wx.StandardPathsBase evidently now needs a wx.App instantiated first.
Where do you run into this problem?  I don't see this one.

>> and the property wx.NO_3D no longer exists.
On my machine I just removed these, but wonder if Riaan wants to keep 
this for < 2.9.  Will try and put a patch for this together.

I also get the following traceback, are you seeing this too?

19:31:08: Traceback (most recent call last):

19:31:08:   File 
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.0-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 
16223, in <lambda>
     lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )

19:31:08:   File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\boa\About.py", line 323, 
in initCtrlNames
     self.label = self.FindWindowById(self.progressId)

19:31:08:   File 
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.0-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 
16169, in __getattr__
     raise PyDeadObjectError(self.attrStr % self._name)

19:31:08: PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the AboutBoxSplash object 
has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.

Werner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
Chris Spencer | 23 Jan 01:45 2010
Picon

Re: 20100113 Test build available effects on Boa Constructor

As far as I know, the PyDev extension for Eclipse does not have ANY
GUI design tools.  Since this is 99% of what I use BOA for, Eclipse is
no solution for me.

Also, I find Eclipse's project management to be a Byzantine twisty
maze of passages, all alike.  For basic source code editing, I either
use Textpad or Ulipad...depending on how much I want to do
split-screen editing.  Using Eclipse is like trying to shoot a
mosquito with an elephant gun that fires sledgehammers.  WAAAAAY
overkill and poorly designed.

Chris.

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:57:28 -0600, Tim Black <tim@...>
wrote:

>Thanks for the notice, Chris.  I know this list is very quiet now, but I
>thought I'd mention that I still use and love Boa Constructor for a few
>reasons:  Boa Constructor provides usable code completion, call tips,
>refactoring support, debugging that just works without any
>configuration, code browsing, TODO list, interactive console, and GUI
>creation all wrapped into one interface.
>
>Aptana's PyDev extension to Eclipse has eclipsed Boa to some extent in
>some but not all of these areas.  So here's how I work:  If I only need
>a quick edit or a quick script, I use gedit.  If I need more features, I
>use Boa.  If I need even more web-development features, I use Aptana. 
>So Boa continues to hold a very important place in my toolbox.
>
>Specifically, Aptana can replace Boa for syntax highlighting, code
>completion, call tips, refactoring, code outline but not browsing, and
>TODO list.  So far its debugger, interactive console, code browsing,
>TODO list, and GUI creation have not matched Boa's for me.
>
>Tim
>
>Chris Spencer wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:29:15 -0500, Chris Spencer
>> <cspencer@...> wrote:
>>
>>   
>>> I know this should go on the Boa Constructor list (and I will, once
>>> you release the final version of wxPython 2.9.x).  Still, I thought it
>>> should be pointed out that this version of wxPython COMPLETELY breaks
>>> Boa Constructor.
>>>
>>> wx.StandardPathsBase evidently now needs a wx.App instantiated first.
>>> and the property wx.NO_3D no longer exists.
>>>
>>> I'm not thinking these are bugs to be fixed, but I thought this list
>>> should be made aware of the effects of the 2.9.x branch on Boa
>>> Constructor.
>>>
>>> Chris.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> To unsubscribe, send email to wxPython-dev+unsubscribe@...
>>> or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wxPython-dev?hl=en
>>>     
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
>> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
>> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
>> interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
>> _______________________________________________
>> Boa-constructor-users mailing list
>> Boa-constructor-users@...
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users
>>
>>   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
Chris Spencer | 23 Jan 01:41 2010
Picon

Re: 20100113 Test build available effects on Boa Constructor

I don't get the error you're seeing, but perhaps that's because I
can't get Boa to even start because of the wx.App/wx.StandardPathsBase
problem.

Would you like me to send you a screen cap of the error?  It's not
even a traceback.  The error pops up in a dialog when starting boa.py.

It has become clear to me that some monkeying around in the existing
source code will have to happen to get BOA to work with wxPython 2.9.x

The wx.NO_3D problem is easy to solve with search/replace.  It sounds,
though, like there are more fundamental problems.

To echo an earlier comment, no GUI designer yet exists for wxPython
that beats BOA for ease of use and WYSIWYG designing.  I've been using
BOA since the early 2000's.  I don't have a clue how I'd do GUI work
without it, since nothing comes close.

I hope these issues can be resolved quickly, and I'm willing to do any
testing it takes to make sure that BOA works with 2.9.x.

Chris.

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:36:36 +0100, "Werner F. Bruhin"
<werner.bruhin@...> wrote:

>Chris,
>
>On 22/01/2010 06:03, Chris Spencer wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:29:15 -0500, Chris Spencer
>> <cspencer@...>  wrote:
>>
>>> I know this should go on the Boa Constructor list (and I will, once
>>> you release the final version of wxPython 2.9.x).  Still, I thought it
>>> should be pointed out that this version of wxPython COMPLETELY breaks
>>> Boa Constructor.
>>>
>>> wx.StandardPathsBase evidently now needs a wx.App instantiated first.
>Where do you run into this problem?  I don't see this one.
>
>>> and the property wx.NO_3D no longer exists.
>On my machine I just removed these, but wonder if Riaan wants to keep 
>this for < 2.9.  Will try and put a patch for this together.
>
>I also get the following traceback, are you seeing this too?
>
>19:31:08: Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>19:31:08:   File 
>"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.0-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 
>16223, in <lambda>
>     lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )
>
>19:31:08:   File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\boa\About.py", line 323, 
>in initCtrlNames
>     self.label = self.FindWindowById(self.progressId)
>
>19:31:08:   File 
>"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\wx-2.9.0-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line 
>16169, in __getattr__
>     raise PyDeadObjectError(self.attrStr % self._name)
>
>19:31:08: PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the AboutBoxSplash object 
>has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.
>
>
>Werner
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
>world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
>attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
>interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
>http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
>_______________________________________________
>Boa-constructor-users mailing list
>Boa-constructor-users@...
>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
Alex Mandel | 23 Jan 08:37 2010

Re: 20100113 Test build available effects on Boa Constructor

ERIC and Stani (SPE) are both very good code editors for python (Code
folding, autocomplete, etc. They are written in python and are not
resource hogs. But they also lack gui editing like BOA.

I found the pydev extension nothing short of frustrating and really
preferred the completely open source editors without the pay for some
features license. Well that and ecplise is a memory hog so unless you're
using a lot of stuff in Eclipse (almost like a desktop) it's way overkill.

Alex

Chris Spencer wrote:
> As far as I know, the PyDev extension for Eclipse does not have ANY
> GUI design tools.  Since this is 99% of what I use BOA for, Eclipse is
> no solution for me.
> 
> Also, I find Eclipse's project management to be a Byzantine twisty
> maze of passages, all alike.  For basic source code editing, I either
> use Textpad or Ulipad...depending on how much I want to do
> split-screen editing.  Using Eclipse is like trying to shoot a
> mosquito with an elephant gun that fires sledgehammers.  WAAAAAY
> overkill and poorly designed.
> 
> Chris.
> 
> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:57:28 -0600, Tim Black <tim@...>
> wrote:
> 
>> Thanks for the notice, Chris.  I know this list is very quiet now, but I
>> thought I'd mention that I still use and love Boa Constructor for a few
>> reasons:  Boa Constructor provides usable code completion, call tips,
>> refactoring support, debugging that just works without any
>> configuration, code browsing, TODO list, interactive console, and GUI
>> creation all wrapped into one interface.
>>
>> Aptana's PyDev extension to Eclipse has eclipsed Boa to some extent in
>> some but not all of these areas.  So here's how I work:  If I only need
>> a quick edit or a quick script, I use gedit.  If I need more features, I
>> use Boa.  If I need even more web-development features, I use Aptana. 
>> So Boa continues to hold a very important place in my toolbox.
>>
>> Specifically, Aptana can replace Boa for syntax highlighting, code
>> completion, call tips, refactoring, code outline but not browsing, and
>> TODO list.  So far its debugger, interactive console, code browsing,
>> TODO list, and GUI creation have not matched Boa's for me.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> Chris Spencer wrote:
>>> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:29:15 -0500, Chris Spencer
>>> <cspencer@...> wrote:
>>>
>>>   
>>>> I know this should go on the Boa Constructor list (and I will, once
>>>> you release the final version of wxPython 2.9.x).  Still, I thought it
>>>> should be pointed out that this version of wxPython COMPLETELY breaks
>>>> Boa Constructor.
>>>>
>>>> wx.StandardPathsBase evidently now needs a wx.App instantiated first.
>>>> and the property wx.NO_3D no longer exists.
>>>>
>>>> I'm not thinking these are bugs to be fixed, but I thought this list
>>>> should be made aware of the effects of the 2.9.x branch on Boa
>>>> Constructor.
>>>>
>>>> Chris.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> To unsubscribe, send email to wxPython-dev+unsubscribe@...
>>>> or visit http://groups.google.com/group/wxPython-dev?hl=en
>>>>     
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
>>> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
>>> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
>>> interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Boa-constructor-users mailing list
>>> Boa-constructor-users@...
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users
>>>
>>>   
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
> interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
> _______________________________________________
> Boa-constructor-users mailing list
> Boa-constructor-users@...
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
Werner F. Bruhin | 23 Jan 11:33 2010
Picon

Suggested patches for Boa to work with wxPython 2.9

Hi everyone,

Had a hard time to get an updated CVS copy - but that is another story.

boaRemoveNo_3D.patch

I went the easy way and just removed that style in all places where it 
was used.

There is also one in your "prefs.rc.py" which is in your folder 
"C:\Users\userid\.boa-constructor  or in whatever folder you set with 
the command option "-O"

About.py.patch

Fixes the wx.PyDeadObjectError I got on startup

PreferencesStandardPath.py.patch

This is only a work around for the issue of wx.StandardsPath not being 
able to be called before wx.App is initialized.  It is actually the use 
of wx.FileConfig.

After these changes I can get Boa to run using the following:
# Python 2.6.3 (r263rc1:75186, Oct  2 2009, 20:40:30) [MSC v.1500 32 bit 
(Intel)]
# wxPython 2.9.0.1.pre20100111, Boa Constructor 0.6.1

On Windows 7.

Best regards
Werner
Index: Preferences.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Preferences.py,v
retrieving revision 1.57
diff -u -r1.57 Preferences.py
--- Preferences.py	5 Jul 2007 16:11:22 -0000	1.57
+++ Preferences.py	23 Jan 2010 10:15:30 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -171,11 +171,13  <at>  <at> 
     file = os.path.join(rcPath, confFile)
     confVersion = 0
     if os.path.exists(file):
-        c = wx.FileConfig(localFilename=file, style= wx.CONFIG_USE_LOCAL_FILE)
-        confVersion = c.ReadInt('/resourceconfig/version')
+        # don't do the wx.FileConfig version verification/upgrade until Riaan can fix this
+        pass
+        #c = wx.FileConfig(localFilename=file, style= wx.CONFIG_USE_LOCAL_FILE)
+        #confVersion = c.ReadInt('/resourceconfig/version')

-        if confVersion < version:
-            _backupAndCopyNewestConfig(confFile, file, '.cfg')
+        #if confVersion < version:
+        #    _backupAndCopyNewestConfig(confFile, file, '.cfg')
     else:
         shutil.copy2(os.path.join(pyPath, 'Config', confFile), file)

Index: About.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/About.py,v
retrieving revision 1.38
diff -u -r1.38 About.py
--- About.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:03 -0000	1.38
+++ About.py	23 Jan 2010 10:20:48 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -316,8 +316,7  <at>  <at> 
         self.html.SetPage(about_html % ('memory:Boa.jpg',
           __version__.version, progress_text % (self.progressId, self.gaugePId), ''))

-        wx.CallAfter(self.initCtrlNames)
-
+        self.initCtrlNames()

     def initCtrlNames(self):
         self.label = self.FindWindowById(self.progressId)

Index: Companions/BaseCompanions.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Companions/BaseCompanions.py,v
retrieving revision 1.43
diff -u -r1.43 BaseCompanions.py
--- Companions/BaseCompanions.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:08 -0000	1.43
+++ Companions/BaseCompanions.py	23 Jan 2010 09:57:02 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -851,7 +851,7  <at>  <at> 
         self.windowStyles = ['wx.CAPTION', 'wx.MINIMIZE_BOX', 'wx.MAXIMIZE_BOX',
             'wx.THICK_FRAME', 'wx.SIMPLE_BORDER', 'wx.DOUBLE_BORDER',
             'wx.SUNKEN_BORDER', 'wx.RAISED_BORDER', 'wx.STATIC_BORDER', 
-            'wx.TRANSPARENT_WINDOW', 'wx.NO_3D', 'wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL', 
+            'wx.TRANSPARENT_WINDOW', 'wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL', 
             'wx.WANTS_CHARS', 'wx.NO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE', 'wx.VSCROLL', 
             'wx.HSCROLL', 'wx.CLIP_CHILDREN', 'wx.NO_BORDER', 'wx.ALWAYS_SHOW_SB']

Index: Companions/FrameCompanions.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Companions/FrameCompanions.py,v
retrieving revision 1.16
diff -u -r1.16 FrameCompanions.py
--- Companions/FrameCompanions.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:09 -0000	1.16
+++ Companions/FrameCompanions.py	23 Jan 2010 10:07:43 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -188,7 +188,7  <at>  <at> 
         BaseFrameDTC.__init__(self, name, designer, frameCtrl)
         self.windowStyles = ['wx.DIALOG_MODAL', 'wx.DIALOG_MODELESS',
               'wx.CAPTION', 'wx.DEFAULT_DIALOG_STYLE', 'wx.RESIZE_BORDER',
-              'wx.THICK_FRAME', 'wx.STAY_ON_TOP', 'wx.NO_3D', 'wx.DIALOG_NO_PARENT',
+              'wx.THICK_FRAME', 'wx.STAY_ON_TOP', 'wx.DIALOG_NO_PARENT',
               'wx.SYSTEM_MENU', 'wx.CLOSE_BOX']\
               + self.windowStyles

Index: Config/prefs.rc.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Config/prefs.rc.py,v
retrieving revision 1.8
diff -u -r1.8 prefs.rc.py
--- Config/prefs.rc.py	10 Oct 2006 10:47:22 -0000	1.8
+++ Config/prefs.rc.py	23 Jan 2010 10:07:57 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -23,7 +23,7  <at>  <at> 
 # Frame test button on the Palette toolbar
 showFrameTestButton = False
 # Style flags used by most splitters in the IDE
-splitterStyle = wx.SP_LIVE_UPDATE | wx.SP_3DSASH | wx.NO_3D
+splitterStyle = wx.SP_LIVE_UPDATE | wx.SP_3DSASH

 # Alternating background colours used in ListCtrls (pastel blue and yellow)
 pastels = True
Index: Explorers/Explorer.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Explorers/Explorer.py,v
retrieving revision 1.42
diff -u -r1.42 Explorer.py
--- Explorers/Explorer.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:10 -0000	1.42
+++ Explorers/Explorer.py	23 Jan 2010 10:08:10 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -529,7 +529,7  <at>  <at> 
     def __init__(self, parent, modimages, editor, store,
           XList=ExplorerList, XTree=ExplorerTree):
         wx.SplitterWindow.__init__(self, parent, wxID_PFE,
-              style=wx.CLIP_CHILDREN | wx.SP_LIVE_UPDATE)# | wxNO_3D | wxSP_3D)
+              style=wx.CLIP_CHILDREN | wx.SP_LIVE_UPDATE)

         self.editor = editor
         self.store = store
Index: Inspector.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Inspector.py,v
retrieving revision 1.50
diff -u -r1.50 Inspector.py
--- Inspector.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:04 -0000	1.50
+++ Inspector.py	23 Jan 2010 10:08:19 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -871,7 +871,7  <at>  <at> 
           style = Preferences.splitterStyle)

         self.categories = wx.SplitterWindow(self, -1,
-              style=wx.NO_3D | wx.SP_3D | wx.SP_LIVE_UPDATE)
+              style=wx.SP_3D | wx.SP_LIVE_UPDATE)
         self.definitions = InspectorEventScrollWin(self, -1,
               style=wx.SUNKEN_BORDER | wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL)

Index: Plug-ins/HelpBook.plug-in.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/Plug-ins/HelpBook.plug-in.py,v
retrieving revision 1.14
diff -u -r1.14 HelpBook.plug-in.py
--- Plug-ins/HelpBook.plug-in.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:15 -0000	1.14
+++ Plug-ins/HelpBook.plug-in.py	23 Jan 2010 10:08:27 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -683,7 +683,7  <at>  <at> 
     delBmp = 'Images/Shared/DeleteItem.png'
     def __init__(self, parent, model):
         wx.SplitterWindow.__init__(self, parent, -1,
-              style=wx.CLIP_CHILDREN | wx.NO_3D | wx.SP_3DSASH)
+              style=wx.CLIP_CHILDREN | wx.SP_3DSASH)

         self.indexes = HelpBookIndexListView(self, model, self)
         self.files = HelpBookFilesView(self, model, False)
Index: PropEdit/Enumerations.py
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/boa-constructor/boa/PropEdit/Enumerations.py,v
retrieving revision 1.12
diff -u -r1.12 Enumerations.py
--- PropEdit/Enumerations.py	2 Jul 2007 15:01:15 -0000	1.12
+++ PropEdit/Enumerations.py	23 Jan 2010 10:08:43 -0000
 <at>  <at>  -19,7 +19,7  <at>  <at> 

 windowStyles =[wx.CAPTION, wx.MINIMIZE_BOX, wx.MAXIMIZE_BOX, wx.THICK_FRAME,
 wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, wx.DOUBLE_BORDER, wx.SUNKEN_BORDER, wx.RAISED_BORDER,
-wx.STATIC_BORDER, wx.TRANSPARENT_WINDOW, wx.NO_3D, wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL, wx.VSCROLL,
+wx.STATIC_BORDER, wx.TRANSPARENT_WINDOW, wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL, wx.VSCROLL,
 wx.HSCROLL, wx.CLIP_CHILDREN]

 windowNameStyles = {'wx.CAPTION':wx.CAPTION, 'wx.MINIMIZE_BOX':wx.MINIMIZE_BOX,
 <at>  <at>  -27,7 +27,7  <at>  <at> 
 'wx.SIMPLE_BORDER':wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, 'wx.DOUBLE_BORDER':wx.DOUBLE_BORDER,
 'wx.SUNKEN_BORDER':wx.SUNKEN_BORDER, 'wx.RAISED_BORDER':wx.RAISED_BORDER,
 'wx.STATIC_BORDER':wx.STATIC_BORDER, 'wx.TRANSPARENT_WINDOW':wx.TRANSPARENT_WINDOW,
-'wx.NO_3D':wx.NO_3D, 'wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL':wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL, 'wx.VSCROLL':wx.VSCROLL,
+'wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL':wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL, 'wx.VSCROLL':wx.VSCROLL,
 'wx.HSCROLL':wx.HSCROLL, 'wx.CLIP_CHILDREN':wx.CLIP_CHILDREN}

 # Fonts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Boa-constructor-users mailing list
Boa-constructor-users@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/boa-constructor-users
Chris Spencer | 23 Jan 14:17 2010
Picon

Re: Suggested patches for Boa to work with wxPython 2.9

I've now successfully run BOA and gotten work done.  Thank you,
Werner!

Any hints or prophecies about when Riaan may appear among us again?
The only reason I ask is because there seems to be a lot of added
functionality in wx 2.9.  New properties for the CalendarCtrl is the
most obvious one (only because I had to use it...).

While these patches keep us bleeding-edge testers continuing to do our
work, I think some TLC from the head developer might be in order.

And BTW, thank you Riaan...wherever you may be...for giving us this
great tool.

Chris.

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:33:34 +0100, "Werner F. Bruhin"
<werner.bruhin@...> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Had a hard time to get an updated CVS copy - but that is another story.
>
>boaRemoveNo_3D.patch
>
>I went the easy way and just removed that style in all places where it 
>was used.
>
>There is also one in your "prefs.rc.py" which is in your folder 
>"C:\Users\userid\.boa-constructor  or in whatever folder you set with 
>the command option "-O"
>
>About.py.patch
>
>Fixes the wx.PyDeadObjectError I got on startup
>
>
>PreferencesStandardPath.py.patch
>
>This is only a work around for the issue of wx.StandardsPath not being 
>able to be called before wx.App is initialized.  It is actually the use 
>of wx.FileConfig.
>
>
>After these changes I can get Boa to run using the following:
># Python 2.6.3 (r263rc1:75186, Oct  2 2009, 20:40:30) [MSC v.1500 32 bit 
>(Intel)]
># wxPython 2.9.0.1.pre20100111, Boa Constructor 0.6.1
>
>On Windows 7.
>
>
>Best regards
>Werner

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Throughout its 18-year history, RSA Conference consistently attracts the
world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for Conference
attendees to learn about information security's most important issues through
interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

Gmane