Some changes I'm working on...
Jason M. Felice <jfelice <at> cronosys.com>
2004-06-12 02:51:49 GMT
I've found some time to do some Hermes hacking, and I'm working on
revamping the UI in some ways that could have an affect on people, so
I'm looking for feedback. Here's an overview (it's mostly functionally
done, but lots of bugfixing to do before committing):
* Using CSS to hide time entry form. New icon on the time table to add
a timeslice pops up the time entry form floating above the table.
(Scrolling down for every item always bothered me.)
* Folded search screen into main time/entry screen. The title of the
table is a readable description of the search criteria (e.g.
"Unsubmitted time for Jason M. Felice").
* You can click on a search icon in the time table to pop up a floating
search criteria form, same as time entry form. Submitting it changes
* Default filter when logging in is "Unsubmitted time for X", where X is
the logged-in user.
* Change date entry fields from drop downs with seven days (for current
week), to month/day/year pickers (I'm thinking of rewriting the
month/day/year pickers to make them spiffier, but that's a separate
issue for later).
* Remove "Current Week" and "Other Weeks" -- all concept of weeks,
really. You enter time until you submit it. If it's company policy
to submit once a week, that's what you do.
In the (near) future, I want to also:
* Fold "Submit Time" screen into main time screen, too. Just put
checkboxes next to unsubmitted time and a submit button below the
table. (This will allow an administrator to submit someone else's
time, which is a must when someone goes on vacation and forgets :)