Chuck Hagenbuch | 2 Nov 19:07 2003

Re: turning attention to undefined indices

[cc:ing the doc list on this in case someone is inspired to turn it into
something postable/included in the Turba docs.]

Quoting "Eric S. Johansson" <esj <at> harvee.org>:

> >>> Notice: Undefined index: businesscategory in
> >>> /var/www/html/horde/turba/templates/browse/search.inc on line 14
> >
> >
> > These are not database errors.
>
> they aren't?  Well that makes me feel like a goldplated fool.  I spend
> most of my time in Python and this kind error (KeyError) comes up on
> database problems as well so I made a bad assumption.  When I searched
> the Web for solutions to this problem, I found lots of unanswered
> requests for similar issues.

Well, mostly those requests were answered by telling people to fix their
configuration files, since the root of the problem is that two of your config
files don't match up.

However, for posterity, the lists, etc., here's what's going on.

Turba has a system of defining what is in a directory/addressbook/whatever you
want to call it that is necessarily complicated by reason that it is flexible
enough to map to pretty much anything with zero code changes, only config
tweaks.

In config/sources.php, for every backend that you use in Turba, you configure a
"map". The map defines a mapping between whatever fields exist in the backend,
(Continue reading)

Chuck Hagenbuch | 3 Nov 04:50 2003

Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

Quoting Jon Parise <jon <at> horde.org>:

> FYI -

(http://www.indelible.org/pear/Log/
 http://www.indelible.org/pear/Net_SMTP/)

Nice! What would you think of taking the framework you used to make those docs
to the developer section of the hordedoc module? Seems like it'd be a good base
on which to (perhaps? finally? <g>) write some decent developer documentation.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck <at> horde.org>
Born right the first time.

--

-- 
Documentation mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
To unsubscribe, mail: doc-unsubscribe <at> lists.horde.org

Jon Parise | 12 Nov 03:59 2003

Re: Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 10:50:39PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Nice! What would you think of taking the framework you used to make
> those docs to the developer section of the hordedoc module? Seems
> like it'd be a good base on which to (perhaps? finally? <g>) write
> some decent developer documentation.

I just finishing doing a rough conversion of the CODING_STANDARDS.
Here's the HTML output (using the PEAR-style stylesheet that I
authored for my PEAR packges):

    http://www.horde.org/~jon/CODING_STANDARDS.html

-- 
Jon Parise (jon <at> horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)

--

-- 
Documentation mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
To unsubscribe, mail: doc-unsubscribe <at> lists.horde.org

Chuck Hagenbuch | 12 Nov 06:00 2003

Re: Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

Quoting Jon Parise <jon <at> horde.org>:

> I just finishing doing a rough conversion of the CODING_STANDARDS.
> Here's the HTML output (using the PEAR-style stylesheet that I
> authored for my PEAR packges):
>
>     http://www.horde.org/~jon/CODING_STANDARDS.html

Great! Now, if we could start getting the docs converted like this up onto the
website... :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck <at> horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe

--

-- 
Documentation mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
To unsubscribe, mail: doc-unsubscribe <at> lists.horde.org

Jon Parise | 12 Nov 21:19 2003

Re: Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 12:00:47AM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > I just finishing doing a rough conversion of the CODING_STANDARDS.
> > Here's the HTML output (using the PEAR-style stylesheet that I
> > authored for my PEAR packges):
> >
> >     http://www.horde.org/~jon/CODING_STANDARDS.html
> 
> Great! Now, if we could start getting the docs converted like this up onto the
> website... :)

Where do we want to put them?  If we want them to be mirrored, we'll
have to check the generated files into the 'hordeweb' module.

-- 
Jon Parise (jon <at> horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)

--

-- 
Documentation mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
To unsubscribe, mail: doc-unsubscribe <at> lists.horde.org

Chuck Hagenbuch | 12 Nov 23:33 2003

Re: Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

Quoting Jon Parise <jon <at> horde.org>:

> Where do we want to put them?  If we want them to be mirrored, we'll
> have to check the generated files into the 'hordeweb' module.

Mirroring sounds nice, but it seems like it'd also make sense to put it on
dev.horde.org? Dunno. I personally don't have the time to look at the doc stuff
just at the moment, so... what do you think?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck <at> horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe

--

-- 
Documentation mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
To unsubscribe, mail: doc-unsubscribe <at> lists.horde.org

Jon Parise | 12 Nov 23:56 2003

Re: Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 05:33:06PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > Where do we want to put them?  If we want them to be mirrored,
> > we'll have to check the generated files into the 'hordeweb'
> > module.
> 
> Mirroring sounds nice, but it seems like it'd also make sense to put
> it on dev.horde.org? Dunno. I personally don't have the time to look
> at the doc stuff just at the moment, so... what do you think?

I can make some time to start doing the work, but I think we need to
come up with some sort of plan first.

Are we aiming for creating something along the lines of a full
developers' manual (like the PHP project offers) or a collection of
reference documents?

Do we want to convert the rest (no pun intended) of our docs/ files to
reST so that we can make pretty versions of those documents available
on the web site (such as an online version of, e.g., IMP's INSTALL
document)?

-- 
Jon Parise (jon <at> horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)

--

-- 
Documentation mailing list
Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/
To unsubscribe, mail: doc-unsubscribe <at> lists.horde.org

(Continue reading)

Chuck Hagenbuch | 13 Nov 21:45 2003

Re: Re: [core] [reStructuredText documentation (fwd)]

Quoting Jon Parise <jon <at> horde.org>:

> I can make some time to start doing the work, but I think we need to
> come up with some sort of plan first.

Details... ;)

> Are we aiming for creating something along the lines of a full
> developers' manual (like the PHP project offers) or a collection of
> reference documents?

We have 3 targets here, I think:

- Installation/sysadmin guide
- User guide
- Developer's docs

Most of the files in docs/ would ball under the sysadmin guide. My feeling is
that we should put the sysadmin docs and the user manual (which we currently
have in docbook, and I think there are advantages to keeping it that way, but I
don't do the work on it, so I can be convinced) on www.horde.org. The dev
documentation should go on dev.horde.org.

I would like dev.horde.org to eventually be a full developer's manual and
reference, including reference documents for all packages, examples, etc.

> Do we want to convert the rest (no pun intended) of our docs/ files to
> reST so that we can make pretty versions of those documents available
> on the web site (such as an online version of, e.g., IMP's INSTALL
> document)?
(Continue reading)

Chuck Hagenbuch | 15 Nov 21:36 2003

Fwd: documentation help


----- Forwarded message from barjunk <at> attglobal.net -----
    Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:31:52 -0900
    From: Barsalou <barjunk <at> attglobal.net>
Reply-To: Barsalou <barjunk <at> attglobal.net>
 Subject: documentation help
      To: chuck <at> horde.org

I am willing to help with documentation as well.  I have updateded the
update script to better use what is already in play and make changes to
that when a person does a CVS update.  (That's a lotta updates!)

It it not really ready for prime time, but I have been using it to keep
my version of horde up to date and have even used it to install on fresh
machine.

I like the install_packages tool that you provide....do you think we can
use that for getting Log and some of the other packages that are
sometimes missing?

I work mostly with RedHat/Fedora, so some of the script may be specific
to that...I will keep on improving it.

Mike
--
Barsalou <barjunk <at> attglobal.net>

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck
(Continue reading)


Gmane