Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli | 6 Mar 23:46 2012

fsogsmd and om-gta04

hi,
all GTA04 revisions have an option modem, but at least 2 things are lacking:
 * CLCC polling: it seem to poll somehow but it doesn't work and doesn't send 
the notification when the call ends.
 * DTMF fails to work: in the AT manual (27007-3d0.doc ) it says that +VTS 
doesn't expect a response, and indeed in the option modem it seem not to 
expect that. So I tried to remove what makes fsogsmd wait for a response but I 
failed:
In fsogsmd/src/lib/at/atcallmediators.vala I did the following without 
success(I don't send a patch since it doesn't work):

public class AtCallSendDtmf : CallSendDtmf
{
         public override async void run( string tones ) throws 
FreeSmartphone.GSM.Error, FreeSmartphone.Error

     {
         var cmd = theModem.createAtCommand<PlusVTS>( "+VTS" );
-        var response = yield theModem.processAtCommandAsync( cmd, cmd.issue( 
tones ) );
-        checkResponseOk( cmd, response );
+        yield theModem.processAtCommandAsync( cmd, cmd.issue( tones ) );
     }
}

Denis.
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli | 6 Mar 23:52 2012

samsung modem: no sound during calls

hi,
on crespo, there is no sound during calls.
it says: "Can't set speaker volume together with the modem!" while using 
mdbus2 to initiate a voice call.

I didn't test more since that is blocking.

in fsogsmd/src/plugins/modem_samsung/soundhandler.vala there is:
I've some hints on how to fix it:
         if ( gr.code != 0x8001 )
             throw new FreeSmartphone.Error.INTERNAL_ERROR(  <at> "Can't set 
speaker volume together with the modem!" );

I'm unsure if it should be 8000 or 8001 since it reports 8000 and every other 
function is gt.code in the same file.

Else it could be the commit 20f39cc92bc8bf4aae6d1e9b450e46caa5a4fb11 (fsogsmd: 
modem_samsung: rework sending sound related messages regarding to changes in 
libsamsung-ipc) that broke it because It did work before...

Denis.
Neil Jerram | 7 Mar 00:43 2012
Picon

Re: fsogsmd and om-gta04

"Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli" <GNUtoo@...> writes:

> hi,
> all GTA04 revisions have an option modem, but at least 2 things are lacking:
>  * CLCC polling: it seem to poll somehow but it doesn't work and doesn't send 
> the notification when the call ends.

In case you're not already aware of it, the GTA04 list is discussing
this.

>  * DTMF fails to work: in the AT manual (27007-3d0.doc ) it says that +VTS 
> doesn't expect a response, and indeed in the option modem it seem not to 
> expect that. So I tried to remove what makes fsogsmd wait for a response but I 
> failed:

I did some DTMF experiments with oFono and got strange results which I
don't understand yet.  I haven't yet rechecked, but I think this is what
happened:

- With Radek's gta04-gsm-voice-routing program running (and in a call),
  the oFono SendTones() call appeared to do nothing.  I think the log
  showed either that the +VTS command was not sent to the modem, or that
  there was no response.

- In another call, _without_ gta04-gsm-voice-routing running, the
  SendTones() call generated the expected tone.

Just in case that suggests anything...

        Neil
(Continue reading)

Simon Busch | 7 Mar 17:10 2012
Picon

Re: fsogsmd and om-gta04


Neil Jerram <neil@...> schrieb:

>"Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli" <GNUtoo@...> writes:
>
>> hi,
>> all GTA04 revisions have an option modem, but at least 2 things are
>lacking:
>>  * CLCC polling: it seem to poll somehow but it doesn't work and
>doesn't send 
>> the notification when the call ends.
>
>In case you're not already aware of it, the GTA04 list is discussing
>this.
>
>>  * DTMF fails to work: in the AT manual (27007-3d0.doc ) it says that
>+VTS 
>> doesn't expect a response, and indeed in the option modem it seem not
>to 
>> expect that. So I tried to remove what makes fsogsmd wait for a
>response but I 
>> failed:
>
>I did some DTMF experiments with oFono and got strange results which I
>don't understand yet.  I haven't yet rechecked, but I think this is
>what
>happened:
>
>- With Radek's gta04-gsm-voice-routing program running (and in a call),
>  the oFono SendTones() call appeared to do nothing.  I think the log
(Continue reading)

Simon Busch | 7 Mar 20:55 2012
Picon

Re: samsung modem: no sound during calls

On 06.03.2012 23:52, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> hi, on crespo, there is no sound during calls. it says: "Can't set
> speaker volume together with the modem!" while using mdbus2 to
> initiate a voice call.
> 
> I didn't test more since that is blocking.
> 
> in fsogsmd/src/plugins/modem_samsung/soundhandler.vala there is: 
> I've some hints on how to fix it: if ( gr.code != 0x8001 ) throw
> new FreeSmartphone.Error.INTERNAL_ERROR(  <at> "Can't set speaker volume
> together with the modem!" );
> 
> I'm unsure if it should be 8000 or 8001 since it reports 8000 and
> every other function is gt.code in the same file.
> 
> Else it could be the commit
> 20f39cc92bc8bf4aae6d1e9b450e46caa5a4fb11 (fsogsmd: modem_samsung:
> rework sending sound related messages regarding to changes in 
> libsamsung-ipc) that broke it because It did work before...
> 
> Denis.

It's now reported as bug #665 [1].

regards,
Simon

[1]: http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/665

--

-- 
(Continue reading)

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli | 21 Mar 00:12 2012

Impossibility to handle resources at boot in oeventsd

Hi,

I wrote a gta04 GPS handler.
I also modified oeventsd to handle resource events
I made a recipe for the gta04 GPS handler.
And finally I added the following to /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml :
-                               
    trigger: ResourceState()    
    filters: And(HasAttr(resource, "GPS"),HasAttr(power_state, "enabled"))
    actions: Command('/usr/bin/gps_handler.py start')     
-
    trigger: ResourceState()         
    filters: And(HasAttr(resource, "GPS"),HasAttr(power_state, "disabled"))           
    actions: Command('/usr/bin/gps_handler.py stop')                                   

That was a clean way to integrate gta04 GPS according to Simon Busch.
However the way it is done has a major flaw:
At boot the GPS state is unknown.
And the Command in rules.yaml is not run at all at boot, only on resource 
change. (when the user slide the slider in shr-settings or automatically when 
an application request GPS(for instance with fso-raw)).

In /usr/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/framework/subsystems/oeventsd/fso_triggers.py, 
I added a ResourceStateTrigger class for listenning to that resource:
[SIGNAL]   org.freesmartphone.Usage.ResourceChanged(s:name, b:state, 
a{sv}:attributes)

Is that right? did I do something wrong? or is Simon Busch implementation idea 
wrong?
(Continue reading)

Simon Busch | 21 Mar 08:45 2012
Picon

Re: Impossibility to handle resources at boot in oeventsd


On 21.03.2012 00:12, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I wrote a gta04 GPS handler. I also modified oeventsd to handle
> resource events I made a recipe for the gta04 GPS handler. And
> finally I added the following to
> /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml : -
>  trigger: ResourceState() filters: And(HasAttr(resource,
> "GPS"),HasAttr(power_state, "enabled")) actions:
> Command('/usr/bin/gps_handler.py start') - trigger: ResourceState()
>  filters: And(HasAttr(resource, "GPS"),HasAttr(power_state,
> "disabled")) actions: Command('/usr/bin/gps_handler.py stop')
> 
> 
> That was a clean way to integrate gta04 GPS according to Simon
> Busch. However the way it is done has a major flaw: At boot the GPS
> state is unknown. And the Command in rules.yaml is not run at all
> at boot, only on resource change. (when the user slide the slider
> in shr-settings or automatically when an application request
> GPS(for instance with fso-raw)).

Thats the correct behaviour. oeventsd enables you only to execute
actions on different events. Maybe we need just an
SystemStartupCompleted event which is triggered when the system
startup is completed so we can handle different actions then.

> In /usr/lib/python2.7/site- 
> packages/framework/subsystems/oeventsd/fso_triggers.py, I added a
> ResourceStateTrigger class for listenning to that resource: 
(Continue reading)

Timo Jyrinki | 21 Mar 17:24 2012
Picon

Re: [Debian] Preinstalled minimal image available for Neo FreeRunner

2011/9/12 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki <at> gmail.com>:
> Just to let you know, that since I tested that install.sh [1] is
> working now, I'm making available a snapshot of a minimal Debian
> installation since I had a clean install anyway [2] - see file
> "Debian_NeoFreeRunner_minimalrootfs_20110912.tar.xz".

About the same story repeated, but for 2012. I was asked about the
pre-installation image which prompted me to update it. And while
updating it I noticed that install.sh had a couple of problems, which
I fixed:
- Removed obsolete fso-gpsd
- Install fso-gtaXX instead of fso-config-gtaXX
- Removed obsolete zhone
- Offer phoneui-apps in COM
- Switch from experimental (unneeded) to unstable for the main Debian repository

I only tried minimal installation still, though. I also updated
instructions for install.sh usage at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner - note mainly that you
probably want to remove openmoko-panel-plugin since its functionality
starts to be limited and it eats most of the CPU for no good reason.

The pre-installed minimal rootfs is now at:
http://people.debian.org/~timo/NeoFreeRunner/
(Debian_NeoFreeRunner_minimalrootfs_20120321.tar.xz)

It expects a single partition on the MicroSD card where the tar.xz is
unpacked and a Qi bootloader.

SSH:ing in works after booting (root password 'changeme'), and after
(Continue reading)

Brendon Schumacker | 26 Mar 19:48 2012
Picon

debian + phoneui-apps

Hi,

I have an openmoko which I've been trying to get debian running on.
Whether I use the install.sh script or copy a pre-packaged mini rootfs
I don't seem to get a window manager, and so I am just trying to
install everything I need.

Long story short, between the debian page for openmoko and the
openmoko wiki (https://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian) it seems that
"zhone" has been deprecated for phoneui-apps, and at the same time I
can't seem to find any method of making phoneui-apps run correctly in
some type of x manager.

So the question is:  Do you know how I can get phoneui-apps running on
a new debian install in the openmoko GTA02?

I have phoneui-apps install, and I have both XFCE4 and e17 installed
and working fine, but they can't open Dialer, Contacts, etc.  When I
try phoneui-dialer at the cli I get:

Error: No such interface `org.shr.phoneui.Dialer' on object at path
/org/shr/phoneui/Dialer

Which makes sense because debian is not SHR, I suppose, but
phoneui-apps is in the debian repositories so I'm assuming there must
be a way to config it?

I will be incredibly happy if I can be running debian on my openmoko!
Please let me know if you have any ideas.

(Continue reading)

Timo Jyrinki | 26 Mar 20:49 2012
Picon

Re: debian + phoneui-apps

2012/3/26 Brendon Schumacker <brendon.schu <at> gmail.com>:
> I have phoneui-apps install, and I have both XFCE4 and e17 installed
> and working fine, but they can't open Dialer, Contacts, etc.  When I
> try phoneui-dialer at the cli I get:
>
> Error: No such interface `org.shr.phoneui.Dialer' on object at path
> /org/shr/phoneui/Dialer
>
> Which makes sense because debian is not SHR, I suppose, but
> phoneui-apps is in the debian repositories so I'm assuming there must
> be a way to config it?

SHR is both a distribution and name for a couple of applications. The
SHR applications have been packaged to Debian, and also updated a
couple of times.

I've the same problem as you, since I wanted to experiment with the
FSO2 + SHR on top of Debian, now that they've been packaged for some
time and updated a couple of times. I haven't yet gotten any answers
either unfortunately, but I've understood the phoneui-apps are working
at least for the Debian maintainers who packaged them, and probably
some else as well. It's probably about us not understanding about how
the apps are supposed to work, and the fact that they haven't yet been
configured in Debian to work out-of-the-box apparently.

I did find a fix to the specific problem you're mentioning, though.
You need to have phoneuid running, and in its current Debian form it's
not configured to be automatically run as as service. Therefore I
added /usr/share/phoneuid/phoneui-wrapper.sh to the /root/.xsession.
However, after that I get an Enlightenment complaint about not being
(Continue reading)


Gmane