Justin Richards | 1 Apr 03:54 2011
Picon

Re: [EE]:: LED placement and soldering - alignment issues.

> "Clinch" used to refer to the process of cutting the lead fairly
> short on the bottom of the board, then folding that little bit of
> lead flat onto the pad.  This provides mechanical support and really
> good pull-out strength.  It also makes for a very low profile on the
> bottom of the PC board.

Thanks Dwayne.

--

-- 
http://www.piclist.com PIC/SX FAQ & list archive
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

Harold Hallikainen | 1 Apr 03:58 2011

Re: [PIC]: what's the best way to save large data in flash memory

Sure! I'm out of town right now, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow when
I get back. I'm doing this on a pic32. What processor are you using?

Harold

> Harold,
>
> It sounds like similar to what I was thinking to do. Can you share the
> code?
> I just want to see how things are done. how do you keep track of counts
> and
> locate next log? are you using FAT file system?
>
> thanks
>
> Andre
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Harold Hallikainen <harold@...>
> To: Microcontroller discussion list - Public. <piclist@...>
> Sent: Wed, March 30, 2011 8:18:27 PM
> Subject: Re: [PIC]: what's the best way  to save large data in flash
> memory
>
> I'm doing something like what you described. I'm suing a 2MB SPI flash to
> do logging in a system. I save 64 byte records sequentially. I keep track
> of the address I'm going to write the next record to. I have a function
> called FlashStreamProgram. I pass in the starting address, a pointer to
(Continue reading)

Gerhard Fiedler | 1 Apr 04:36 2011

Re: [PIC]: flash memory rewrite issue

Andre Abelian wrote:

> From: Gerhard Fiedler 
> 
>> Andre Abelian wrote: 
>> 
>>> I started writing a test code for SST25VF032   32mb flash the
>>> problem I am facing is the counter I am using to add counts each
>>> time if I want to update I have to erase 4k block of memory so I
>>> have to waist 4k to keep counter going from 0 to 5000. Microchip
>>> eeproms any individual memory can be read or write. what would you
>>> guys do? 
>> 
>> Put the counter on a different storage (e.g. an on-chip EEPROM)? 
>
> that was my mistake I did. pic24 doesn't have internal memory and I
> put external eeprom first but I removed it. my next update I will put
> small size eeprom.

Well, then you have to use one page of the flash for that. There are
several ways to do this that don't require erasing and rewriting the
page all the time. 

For example, you can erase it (all bits set), then clear one bit after
the other as you write your record -- one bit per record. That gives you
in one 4k page 4k x 8 = 32k records. Not quite enough to fill the whole
32MB flash with records. You'd need 7 pages for this. 

As a variant, you can use the first byte as a "page counter". Set it to
0 the first time, then increment it with each time you reach the end of
(Continue reading)

Murat Seven | 1 Apr 09:29 2011
Picon

Re: [PIC] Strings in assembly

Hi all,

everybody can try this.
regards, murat seven.

GOTOYX macro y,x ; y[1|2|3|4] and x[1 .. 64] tested
    if y>2
      movlw ((y-1-2) * 0x40 + (x+.20-1)) | 0x80
    else
      movlw ((y-1) * 0x40 + (x-1)) | 0x80
    endif
    call LcdCommand ;uses wreg
  endm

;for Pic18 series.
TABLOPRINT macro MX,endtablo
    ;you can put the printing text anywhere in program memory
    local pr,gt
    banksel b1_tb
    clrf b1_tb
pr  call gt
    movf WREG,f,ACCESS
    bz endtablo ; AsciiZ detected
    call LcdChar
    incf b1_tb,f
    bra pr
gt  movlw high ( MX )
    movwf PCLATH,ACCESS
    rlncf b1_tb,w
    addlw low ( MX )
(Continue reading)

Isaac Marino Bavaresco | 1 Apr 14:28 2011
Picon

Re: [PIC]: flash memory rewrite issue

Em 31/3/2011 23:36, Gerhard Fiedler escreveu:
> Andre Abelian wrote:
>
>> From: Gerhard Fiedler 
>>
>>> Andre Abelian wrote: 
>>>
>>>> I started writing a test code for SST25VF032   32mb flash the
>>>> problem I am facing is the counter I am using to add counts each
>>>> time if I want to update I have to erase 4k block of memory so I
>>>> have to waist 4k to keep counter going from 0 to 5000. Microchip
>>>> eeproms any individual memory can be read or write. what would you
>>>> guys do? 
>>> Put the counter on a different storage (e.g. an on-chip EEPROM)? 
>> that was my mistake I did. pic24 doesn't have internal memory and I
>> put external eeprom first but I removed it. my next update I will put
>> small size eeprom.
> Well, then you have to use one page of the flash for that. There are
> several ways to do this that don't require erasing and rewriting the
> page all the time. 
>
> For example, you can erase it (all bits set), then clear one bit after
> the other as you write your record -- one bit per record. That gives you
> in one 4k page 4k x 8 = 32k records. Not quite enough to fill the whole
> 32MB flash with records. You'd need 7 pages for this. 
>
> As a variant, you can use the first byte as a "page counter". Set it to
> 0 the first time, then increment it with each time you reach the end of
> the index page and have to start over.
>
(Continue reading)

Gerhard Fiedler | 1 Apr 16:51 2011

Re: [PIC]: flash memory rewrite issue

Isaac Marino Bavaresco wrote:

> Em 31/3/2011 23:36, Gerhard Fiedler escreveu:
>> Andre Abelian wrote:
>>
>>> From: Gerhard Fiedler 
>>>
>>>> Andre Abelian wrote: 
>>>>
>>>>> I started writing a test code for SST25VF032   32mb flash the
>>>>> problem I am facing is the counter I am using to add counts each
>>>>> time if I want to update I have to erase 4k block of memory so I
>>>>> have to waist 4k to keep counter going from 0 to 5000. Microchip
>>>>> eeproms any individual memory can be read or write. what would
>>>>> you guys do? 
>>>> Put the counter on a different storage (e.g. an on-chip EEPROM)? 
>>> that was my mistake I did. pic24 doesn't have internal memory and I
>>> put external eeprom first but I removed it. my next update I will
>>> put small size eeprom.
>> Well, then you have to use one page of the flash for that. There are
>> several ways to do this that don't require erasing and rewriting the
>> page all the time. 
>> 
>> For example, you can erase it (all bits set), then clear one bit
>> after the other as you write your record -- one bit per record. That
>> gives you in one 4k page 4k x 8 = 32k records. Not quite enough to
>> fill the whole 32MB flash with records. You'd need 7 pages for this.
>> 
>> 
>> As a variant, you can use the first byte as a "page counter". Set it
(Continue reading)

geetansh arora | 1 Apr 19:52 2011
Picon

[PIC] - how to calculate d time(when d volatage at a pin changes for some micro seconds)

if volatage at a pin(interupt or input/output) goes frm logic 1 to
logic 0 or vice versa for few microseconds thn how to calculate that
time for which voltage changed at that pin?
plz help
thankyou
--

-- 
http://www.piclist.com PIC/SX FAQ & list archive
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

Bob Ammerman | 1 Apr 20:07 2011

Re: [PIC] - how to calculate d time(when d volatage at a pin changes forsome micro seconds)


From: "geetansh arora" <geetansh19cool@...>
> if volatage at a pin(interupt or input/output) goes frm logic 1 to
> logic 0 or vice versa for few microseconds thn how to calculate that
> time for which voltage changed at that pin?
> plz help
> thankyou

Not sure what you are trying to do, but...

A: Use an oscilloscope?

B: Use a loop in code to count instruction cycles. This will only be able to 
resolve the duration to half a microsecond or so (depending on clock rate).

-- Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems 

--

-- 
http://www.piclist.com PIC/SX FAQ & list archive
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

Olin Lathrop | 1 Apr 20:19 2011

Re: [PIC] - how to calculate d time(when d volatage at a pin changes forsome micro seconds)

geetansh arora wrote:
> if volatage at a pin(interupt or input/output) goes frm logic 1 to
> logic 0 or vice versa for few microseconds thn how to calculate that
> time for which voltage changed at that pin?

Are you asking how to measure the width of a incoming pulse, or how to make
sure a outgoing pulse is the right width.  For incoming, a CCP module in
capture mode is often useful.  For outgoing, you count instruction cycles.

********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.
--

-- 
http://www.piclist.com PIC/SX FAQ & list archive
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

Bob Ammerman | 1 Apr 20:48 2011

Re: [PIC] - how to calculate d time(when d volatage at a pin changesforsome micro seconds)

From: "Olin Lathrop" <olin_piclist@...>
> geetansh arora wrote:
>> if volatage at a pin(interupt or input/output) goes frm logic 1 to
>> logic 0 or vice versa for few microseconds thn how to calculate that
>> time for which voltage changed at that pin?
>
> Are you asking how to measure the width of a incoming pulse, or how to 
> make
> sure a outgoing pulse is the right width.  For incoming, a CCP module in
> capture mode is often useful.  For outgoing, you count instruction cycles.

I don't think CCP would be much help for pulses in the range of "a few 
microseconds", but I could be wrong.

--Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems

--

-- 
http://www.piclist.com PIC/SX FAQ & list archive
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist


Gmane