Gil Baron | 21 Nov 23:31 2005
Picon

Registration Key

How long does it usually take to get a registration key in the email? I
registered yesterday and no key yet.
I guess I am too used to the automated online software sites that are
instantaneous?

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/XHfwlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   yanoff <at> eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: yanoff-unsubscribe <at> eGroups.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yanoff/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    yanoff-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Gil Baron | 22 Nov 00:46 2005
Picon

FW: Registration Key

I just wanted all to know I got my key. They were having email problems. It
even installed directly from Versa Mail on the Palm TX, neat. I like the
buttons!

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente 
-----Original Message-----
From: Gil Baron [mailto:gbaron <at> charter.net] 
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 4:31 PM
To: AA/yanoff <at> yahoogroups. com (yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com)
Subject: Registration Key

How long does it usually take to get a registration key in the email? I
registered yesterday and no key yet.
I guess I am too used to the automated online software sites that are
instantaneous?

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/XHfwlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   yanoff <at> eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: yanoff-unsubscribe <at> eGroups.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links
(Continue reading)

Gil Baron | 22 Nov 17:34 2005
Picon

Critereia to mark a message as read.

What makes a message a read message?
I read them and see the entire body but then when I do a delete read,
nothing is deleted. This happens at random. Sometimes they are all deleted?
The flag does not show them as read after actually looking at the message
when this happens. I assume the read flag should go on as soon as you touch
a message by reading the header and or body. Must you look at both. I hate
thee long headers ,what a waste, don't want to look at them. Even if I do
look the flag is often not turned on?

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente 

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/XHfwlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   yanoff <at> eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: yanoff-unsubscribe <at> eGroups.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yanoff/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    yanoff-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
(Continue reading)

Gregg Woodcock | 22 Nov 18:11 2005

Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

--- In yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com, "Gil Baron" <rojomn <at> c...> wrote:
>
> What makes a message a read message?
> I read them and see the entire body but then
> when I do a delete read, nothing is deleted.

Are you doing a plain "delete all read" or some other kind of delete-
read (such as "on up")?

> This happens at random. Sometimes they are all deleted?
> The flag does not show them as read
> after actually looking at the message when this happens.
> I assume the read flag should go on as soon as you touch
> a message by reading the header and or body.

The instant before the body of the article is displayed to the 
user/screen, the read flag is set.
Viewing the header does NOT set the read flag.

> Must you look at both?

No.
An article may be "marked", "locked" and/or "read".
Those are the primary user-interactive flags which every article has.

> I hate these long headers; what a waste; don't want to look at them.
> Even if I do look the flag is often not turned on?

I would not put it past the TX to have some kind of bug here causing 
this but please re-evaluate what you are experiencing in light of the 
(Continue reading)

rojomn | 22 Nov 19:03 2005
Picon

RE: Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

I deleted ALL my articles, Reindexed all of my groups, polled again and then
read the articles. The read flag was set. I don't know why it was not
working before but I had been doing a lot of actions, like mark all, mark
read all marked, unmark all, read, etc. but I got in a state with the flags
not shown and reading them would not make the flag come on . I also had a
state where it was something like  this 5 read messages with flag an unread
message, 5 more with the read flag. I went and read the unread flagged
message and the flag stayed off.

Don't know at all what happened here but I was doing things you would not
normally do , like a system tester might try. There are some problems here
but they are not that bad as most won't do this.

I do wish there were a better manual. Maybe if all of the help text that is
VERY GOOD BY THE WAY in the app were made into a nice document :-)

Is there any action you can set that will allow a single key read. By this I
mean that you start at the first article of the first group and you just
keep hitting that button and it goes from article to article and then to the
next group and continues until all are read. I love the way agent does that.

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com [mailto:yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com] 
> On Behalf Of Gregg Woodcock
> Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:12 AM
> To: yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com
(Continue reading)

Gregg Woodcock | 22 Nov 19:28 2005

Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

--- In yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com, "rojomn" <rojomn <at> c...> wrote:
>
> I deleted ALL my articles, Reindexed all of my groups,

Next time try a Re/Index-All before deleting articles (how drastic)!
Also, I'd try a soft-reset as I'll bet that would have cleared it up 
(poke in the backside).

> polled again and then read the articles.
> The read flag was set.

Good!

> Don't know at all what happened here but
> I was doing things you would not normally do,
> like a system tester might try. There are some problems here
> but they are not that bad as most won't do this.

I really think it is specific to the TX but have not honed in on it 
yet.  I do have 2 theories.  It would help me to know if the crashes 
happen in Yanoff- as there are large sections of code that simply 
don't exist in it (1 in particular concerns me).  I don't suppose 
you'd be willing to give Yanoff- a try (just long enough to say it 
does or does not crash)?

> I do wish there were a better manual.

What is called "manual" now is not really a manual.  In essence, 
there isn't one at all....

(Continue reading)

rojomn | 22 Nov 19:31 2005
Picon

RE: Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

This single key read would also scroll through each article top to bottom
before moving on. You would best work this with the rocker so you could
scroll in both directions. It might take two buttons to allow that if you
had no navigation like that on your PDA.

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com [mailto:yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com] 
> On Behalf Of rojomn
> Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 12:04 PM
> To: yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [yanoff] Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.
> 
> I deleted ALL my articles, Reindexed all of my groups, polled 
> again and then
> read the articles. The read flag was set. I don't know why it was not
> working before but I had been doing a lot of actions, like 
> mark all, mark
> read all marked, unmark all, read, etc. but I got in a state 
> with the flags
> not shown and reading them would not make the flag come on . 
> I also had a
> state where it was something like  this 5 read messages with 
> flag an unread
> message, 5 more with the read flag. I went and read the unread flagged
> message and the flag stayed off.
> 
(Continue reading)

rojomn | 22 Nov 19:37 2005
Picon

RE: Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

I have to go to work today butt will try to get to plain Yanoff-. I can
backup my system first and then do it. I use BackupBuddy on my PDA and
ACRONIS Drive Image on my PC and for the same reasons. They have both saved
my butt, more that once.
I thought Yanoff- is what I was using before I registered? I will look on
the site and be sure that is the one. I never have used GPL version.

I can see your point on the buttons, they are the most confusing thing. You
just have to use it and play and see what happens. Many are not labeled
correctly for the TX .

Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
Hierro Candente, Batir de repente  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com [mailto:yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com] 
> On Behalf Of Gregg Woodcock
> Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 12:28 PM
> To: yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [yanoff] Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.
> 
> --- In yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com, "rojomn" <rojomn <at> c...> wrote:
> >
> > I deleted ALL my articles, Reindexed all of my groups,
> 
> Next time try a Re/Index-All before deleting articles (how drastic)!
> Also, I'd try a soft-reset as I'll bet that would have cleared it up 
> (poke in the backside).
> 
(Continue reading)

Gregg Woodcock | 22 Nov 20:00 2005

Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

--- In yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com, "rojomn" <rojomn <at> c...> wrote:
>
> This single key read would also scroll through each article top to 
bottom
> before moving on. You would best work this with the rocker so you 
could
> scroll in both directions. It might take two buttons to allow that if 
you
> had no navigation like that on your PDA.

The closest setting now is "PgDn+Next Art" and this would have to 
expand to something like "PgDn+NxtArt+DelRead+Jmp" which is too wide to 
fit on the configuration screen.  And that's assuming the the code 
(which was written assuming that when viewing an article, all the NG 
information will be constant) could be reconstructed reasonably 
easily.  I suppose I could dispense with all the "Del" options and just 
go with "PgDn+NxtArt+Jump" but then, instead of lackign full auto-
navigation (what we have now), power users will lack auto-deletion...

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/XHfwlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   yanoff <at> eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: yanoff-unsubscribe <at> eGroups.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yanoff/
(Continue reading)

Gregg Woodcock | 22 Nov 20:05 2005

Re: Critereia to mark a message as read.

--- In yanoff <at> yahoogroups.com, "rojomn" <rojomn <at> c...> wrote:
> I thought Yanoff- is what I was using before I registered?

Only if you were trial-expired.  Yanoff+, when expired, is 
essentially the same feature set as Yanoff-.  However Yanoff- has the 
missing features TOTALLY REMOVED so the code isn't even in it (look 
at the file size differences).  This will allow me to eliminate vast 
chunks of code if only Yanoff+ crashes and Yanoff- does not!

> I can see your point on the buttons, they are the most confusing 
thing. You
> just have to use it and play and see what happens. Many are not 
labeled
> correctly for the TX .

The same thing happened with most every new HW since the first Treo.  
Palm keeps moving the buttons around and chaning the built-in apps on 
them (and not providing a way for us to check this from the 
code/API).  I am working on an app that I can send to people on new 
HW to dump out some things so that I can quickly update the 
ButtonAction labels to match new HW layouts...

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
1.2 million kids a year are victims of human trafficking. Stop slavery.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/XHfwlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To Post a message, send it to:   yanoff <at> eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: yanoff-unsubscribe <at> eGroups.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links
(Continue reading)


Gmane