skarabrae | 1 Nov 03:20 2005

TAN: Palm wireless keyboard

Greetings all:

I've had my first pda, a Palm Zire 21, since late June, and Shadow since September; a lovely 
combination if you don't need email! And David Allen and GTD help too!

But my graffitti writing is totally unreliabe, and the little fake kyboard you use the stylus 
on is just annoying. So here's my question:

Does anyone on the list have a Palm wireless keyboard? If so, do you love it or hate it? 
Does it keep up to a reasonable typing speed (35 wpm)?? Woud you recommend the 
keyboard to someone you like?

Thanks for any responses!
Neil Slater 
Regina, Sask.

Sign up today for your Free E-mail at: http://www.canoe.ca/CanoeMail

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shadow-discuss/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
(Continue reading)

Bob | 1 Nov 06:52 2005
Picon

Re: TAN: Palm wireless keyboard

I use the Stowaway IR Wireless.  I like it for the following:

1) It's infrared, which means it uses less battery than bluetooth.  I 
have a T3, which has a sorry battery life.  The drawback with IR is 
that I don't know how long it will be around, considering that the 
keyboard will certainly outlast my (and my wife's) PDA.

2) It has great reviews.

3) it holds all kinds of PDAs, and in the landscape (horizontal) 
position.

4) The quality is good, and it types/feels good.  If you are typing 
numbers and symbols from the number keys a lot, then it you'll be 
slowed down a bit.

On Nov 1, 2005, at 10:20 AM, skarabrae <at> canoemail.com wrote:

> Greetings all:
>
> I've had my first pda, a Palm Zire 21, since late June, and Shadow 
> since September; a lovely
> combination if you don't need email! And David Allen and GTD help too!
>
> But my graffitti writing is totally unreliabe, and the little fake 
> kyboard you use the stylus
> on is just annoying. So here's my question:
>
> Does anyone on the list have a Palm wireless keyboard? If so, do you 
> love it or hate it?
(Continue reading)

Bob O'Malley | 1 Nov 06:43 2005
Picon

Re: Re: Shadow List Lost

Well I figured out my problem. Somehow the list that was getting deleted was
corrupt. Not sure how it got corrupted, but that's why it was no longer
usable by Shadow. After reinstalling it from backup a few times it would
continually cause the same sort of problem. I was unable to even copy the
corrupt database file to my SD card with Shadow or FileZ. Very weird.
 I finally completely removed it from the handheld, synced, then opened up
the list on the desktop side and set it to upload on next sync. This rebuilt
the list on my HH, and all appears well (so far). Interestingly, the rebuilt
file was about 6K smaller than the old/corrupt file (even though both files
had the same record count). Anyway, I'm just glad to be back up and running.
 Bob O'Malley

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shadow-discuss/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    shadow-discuss-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
(Continue reading)

Betsy Schwartz | 1 Nov 14:59 2005
Picon

Desired feature: Todo Imports filtered by Category? Or Better way to work this?

Hi, I'm a new Shadow user, just switched over from using
Progect/Pdesk, mostly because I wanted the two-way ToDo sync'ing
feature.

I'm playing with implementing GTD on Shadow with Todo . I also have a
bunch of Redo items that pop up daily. I created two lists in Shadow,
one for all my work items and one for all my personal items. In Todo,
I have categories for each context.

The problem is, I have three context categories that apply to Home
( <at> Home,  <at> Maddy,  <at> Errands) and the rest of my context categories are
work categories. I have ReDo items for both home and work, plus I
sometimes enter todo's that I want to see in Shadow. Right now I've
got ToDo's importing to both lists, so I have a daily annoyance of
cleaning out duplicate ToDo's (and seeing severed link warnings etc)

I could live with telling the Home List to just auto-import  <at> Home
items, as the other two categories aren't very active. But what I
really need here is to tell the Work list to auto-import all new
TODO's ***except***  <at> Home.

Right now I've got both home and work auto-importing everything, and
that's pretty clunky.

I don't want to have to enter all todos into one category to have them
import, as I *will* forget and end up with "orphan" todos that aren't
in Shadow.

(alternately, is there a simple way to transfer a new shadow item from
one list to another? If this was a single keystroke I could just chunk
(Continue reading)

Bob OMalley | 1 Nov 17:03 2005
Picon

Re: Desired feature: Todo Imports filtered by Category? Or Better way to work this?

--- In shadow-discuss <at> yahoogroups.com, Betsy Schwartz <betsys <at> g...> 
wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm a new Shadow user, just switched over from using
> Progect/Pdesk, mostly because I wanted the two-way ToDo sync'ing
> feature.
> 
> I'm playing with implementing GTD on Shadow with Todo . I also have 
a
> bunch of Redo items that pop up daily. I created two lists in 
Shadow,
> one for all my work items and one for all my personal items. In 
Todo,
> I have categories for each context.
> 
> The problem is, I have three context categories that apply to Home
> ( <at> Home,  <at> Maddy,  <at> Errands) and the rest of my context categories are
> work categories. I have ReDo items for both home and work, plus I
> sometimes enter todo's that I want to see in Shadow. Right now I've
> got ToDo's importing to both lists, so I have a daily annoyance of
> cleaning out duplicate ToDo's (and seeing severed link warnings etc)
> 
> I could live with telling the Home List to just auto-import  <at> Home
> items, as the other two categories aren't very active. But what I
> really need here is to tell the Work list to auto-import all new
> TODO's ***except***  <at> Home.
> 
<SNIP>
> 
> Thoughts and other suggestions to manage this welcome
(Continue reading)

blackbox77de | 1 Nov 21:09 2005
Picon

Date changes when opening project in desktop

I'm running v.4.3.1 both on my Palm and my computer. The Palm is an
old IIIxe running OS 4.1. I've got a strange problem: When I open a
file on the desktop application some of the target dates I originally
set on the Palm are changed to one day later. In one case the target
date is the 7th of November on the Palm, when I open the file on the
desktop it changes that date to the 8th of December.

Does someone know what's going on here?

Hermann

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shadow-discuss/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    shadow-discuss-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Warren 'Llama' Ernst | 1 Nov 21:48 2005

Re: TAN: Palm wireless keyboard

I too have the Stowaway IR keyboard, and I chose it over the Palm IR  
keyboard after trying them both in-store extensively, and reading reviews  
of these and BlueTooth keyboards. I've owned two previous palm-branded  
keyboards, one for the Palm VIIx, and one for the Kyocera 7135.

First: BT keyboards. I wasn't that concerned about battery life. I was  
concerned that you can't use a BT keyboard on an airplane in-flight, at  
least for now. Radio interference, you see. I fly just a few times a year,  
but I can type for hours and hours on that tiny seatback tray with my treo  
and keyboard, where my notebook PC barely fits.

I'll never get a direct-connect keyboard again. All palm has to do is  
change the freaking connectors, and I need to get another keyboard. Enough.

IR keyboards should be compatible with whatever Palm (or Microsoft) throws  
at us in the future - I do not agree that IR is going away any time soon  
for PDAs, especially Palm OS.

As for which IR keyboard. The Palm branded unit has a number-row of keys  
that the Stowaway lacks, but the keyboard feel isn't as "crisp" as the  
stowaway. (BTW, ThinkOutside manufacturers both of these units - they are  
very VERY similar.) The Palm keys also aren't as nicely sculpted as the  
Stowaway, and some of the keys are actually smaller than the Stowaway's.

I'm told that the Stowaway's drivers are updated more regularly than the  
Palm drivers. I don't know for sure.

And finally, the Stowaway keyboard is compatible with Windows Mobile  
devices too. The keys have Windows commands silkscreened on them along  
with the PalmOS commands. This can lead to a little confusion at first,  
(Continue reading)

Jesse Reyes | 1 Nov 21:41 2005

RE: palm TX is crashing with 4.3.1

ok, created naked TX  with hard reset -- hated to do this but thought i'd
have to see if the problem is still around.

installed shadowplan as only app installed on hard reset machine

1. created one outline -- called test

2. created one top level item
3. create one sub level item

4. linked sub level to todo database

5. created filter that filters where todo link is present

6. without filter applied -- can link and unlink the todo/no problem

7 with filter applied, tapping the link crashes the palm

8 and if i then try to restart shadow, it crashes upon launch over and
over -- filter must still be active.

9.so zeroed out machine again, reinstalled shadow to palm

10. copied shadow to sd card

11. took sd card to local compusa and put sd card and tealmover into tx on
display

12. copied shadow to compusa palm

(Continue reading)

rjstanleypg | 2 Nov 00:06 2005
Picon

trouble syncing from desktop (Windows XP to E2)

I am having trouble synchronizing between my Tungsten E2 and my laptop 
(Windows XP). Any changes I make on my handheld are transferred to the 
desktop but not vice-versa. The synchronization is apparently working; 
however,any file changes/edits that I have made on my laptop are not 
transferred to the handheld. For the record, I have saved and closed 
the desktop before syncing. It is as if my handheld is set to 
overwrite the laptop, but that is not the case.  I have the Palm 
Hotsync set to "synchronize" and have tried all three settings in the 
hotsync custom settings regarding if the file was edited on both (ie: 
save both, handheld overwrites pc, pc overwrites handheld).  I always 
get the same result, that is, any edits to the laptop are overwritten 
by the handheld.

If additional information is needed, please let me know.  Any 
suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shadow-discuss/
(Continue reading)

Bob OMalley | 2 Nov 01:13 2005
Picon

Re: Date changes when opening project in desktop

--- In shadow-discuss <at> yahoogroups.com, "blackbox77de" 
<blackbox77 <at> a...> wrote:
>
> I'm running v.4.3.1 both on my Palm and my computer. The Palm is an
> old IIIxe running OS 4.1. I've got a strange problem: When I open a
> file on the desktop application some of the target dates I 
originally
> set on the Palm are changed to one day later. In one case the target
> date is the 7th of November on the Palm, when I open the file on the
> desktop it changes that date to the 8th of December.
> 
> Does someone know what's going on here?
> 
> Hermann
>

Don't know exactly, but I do recall someone discussing a similar 
problem on this board a week or two ago.  I think it had something to 
do with time zones or something, but check out the archives for the 
exact details.

Bob O'Malley

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links
(Continue reading)


Gmane