--- In handyshopper <at> yahoogroups.com, "chrisant_wa" <chrisant <at> ...> wrote:
> --- "alikiotis" <alikiotis <at> > wrote:
> > Hello. I used HS 3.0.7 in Windows Mobile 6.0
> > with NLS menus. All NLS characters inside the
> > databases were showing pefrectly.
> What are NLS menus?
> What are NLS characters?
> If this is language/locale related, what were your relevant settings
> when things were working as you expected?
> > Then I switched phone with WM 6.1 and English
> > menus (with NLS support though). All other WM
> > applications recognise my NLS charactes but now
> > ALL HS databases that have NLS characters are
> > displaying garbage. Is there something I can do
> > to HS to make it recognise the NLS characters
> > in the databases?
> Can you explain in more detail what your settings used to be, and
> what settings changed?
> In case it is relevant, HS databases do not support Unicode. This
> limitation is a carryover from how the Palm OS worked, and the WM
> version of HandyShopper shares the limitation because it is 100%
> compatible with the Palm OS database format.
> I suspect that your old device did not have English as its
> language/locale (the Active CodePage was not 1252), and that your new
> device has English as its language/locale (the Active CodePage is
> 1252). HS databases simply use the Active CodePage, so if you change
> the Active CodePage then non-English characters are likely to become
> If you set the language/locale on the new device to match the
> language/locale from the old device, your databases will probably go
> back to how you expect them to be.
Correct!, the previous Pocket PC device had active language Greek. HS
worked very well with greek characters and my all databases were
showing the greek characters perfectly. Now, in my new PPC device I am
using native english (all menus, etc) but it carries/supports greek
National Language Support (NLS). HOWEVER... now HS DOES NOT show ANY
greek characters at all... So, not only I cannot use my previous
databases with greek characters, I now CANNOT create a new database
with greek characters as these characters are shown as garbage. Any