Chris Frey | 5 Aug 23:36 2011
Picon

Re: Fw: BlackBerry Curve Backup Error

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in resonding.

Are you able to build binary packages yourself?

In order to further debug this issue, I'll need to add some logging
around the usb_bulk_read call.

Thanks,
- Chris

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 06:42:24PM -0700, John Heffington wrote:
> Couldn't figure out how to respond to the message in this thread.? The original 
> message is at the end.? Chris responded below.? My response to Chris is:
> 
> I sent you the full information that was displayed.? The message is consistently 
> displayed at 25%.? Sometimes more than 25% is backed up, but ultimately, I get 
> the same message and the backuup process stops.
> 
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 01:53:14PM -0700, John Heffington wrote:
> > Error Message:
> > 
> > Backup ... error (-34, Numerical result out of range):
> > Error in usb_bulk_read
> 
> Was that the full error message?
> 
> 
> > It is suspected that due to international characters in these records,
(Continue reading)

alberto | 26 Aug 19:09 2011

New tool based on libbarry

Hi, I have written a small tool that uses libbarry and SDL to display a
(sort of) video of your blackberry screen. I'd like to share it here in
case it is useful to someone. Feedback is appreciated!

To compile: g++ scr.cc -lSDL -lbarry -o scr

Note: currently refresh rate is set to 2fps in order to keep the device
responsive. If you need higher fps, change the commented line in the
source file (from 500 to something like 100).
Attachment (scr.cc): text/x-c++src, 4337 bytes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMC VNX: the world's simplest storage, starting under $10K
The only unified storage solution that offers unified management 
Up to 160% more powerful than alternatives and 25% more efficient. 
Guaranteed. http://p.sf.net/sfu/emc-vnx-dev2dev
_______________________________________________
Barry-devel mailing list
Barry-devel@...
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/barry-devel
Chris Frey | 29 Aug 22:53 2011
Picon

Re: New tool based on libbarry

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 07:09:53PM +0200, alberto@... wrote:
> Hi, I have written a small tool that uses libbarry and SDL to display a
> (sort of) video of your blackberry screen. I'd like to share it here in
> case it is useful to someone. Feedback is appreciated!
> 
> To compile: g++ scr.cc -lSDL -lbarry -o scr
> 
> Note: currently refresh rate is set to 2fps in order to keep the device
> responsive. If you need higher fps, change the commented line in the
> source file (from 500 to something like 100).

Thanks very much!  Do you mind if I include it in the official Barry tree?

- Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer -- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better 
price-free! And you'll get a free "Love Thy Logs" t-shirt when you
download Logger. Secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsisghtdev2dev
Chris Frey | 30 Aug 22:51 2011
Picon

Re: New tool based on libbarry

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 04:53:46PM -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 07:09:53PM +0200, alberto@... wrote:
> > Hi, I have written a small tool that uses libbarry and SDL to display a
> > (sort of) video of your blackberry screen. I'd like to share it here in
> > case it is useful to someone. Feedback is appreciated!
> > 
> > To compile: g++ scr.cc -lSDL -lbarry -o scr
> > 
> > Note: currently refresh rate is set to 2fps in order to keep the device
> > responsive. If you need higher fps, change the commented line in the
> > source file (from 500 to something like 100).
> 
> Thanks very much!  Do you mind if I include it in the official Barry tree?

I've actually added this to the Barry tree, under tools.

The configure script checks for the SDL library, and builds bwatch if
available.

I've added the usual -p -P and -v command line switches.

I added a -d switch to specify the delay interval between screen updates.

I changed the code to resize the screen, in case the screenshot dimensions
change.  This happens on devices like the Storm, when you tilt it and it
goes into landscape mode.

I moved the Probe code out of the main loop.

I added it to the binary packages, along with a man page.
(Continue reading)

alberto | 31 Aug 19:42 2011

Re: New tool based on libbarry

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 06:00:40PM +0200, alberto@... wrote:
>> Hi Chris, I write directly to you since the mailing list software seems
>> to
>> be eating all my replies.
>
> That's odd... do you get any bounceback messages or errors?

No, nothing, the message seems correctly sent but it never appears on the
list. I'm trying again this time CCing the list...
Alberto

>
>
>> I'm happy you added it to git, and I like your
>> improvements (you did all the boring part for me :-) ). I think there is
>> just one problem left, that the buffer is hard-coded to 1000000 bytes,
>> so
>> it might overflow if it is used with high resolution devices (tablets?).
>> What do you think?
>> Alberto
>
> Good catch.  I missed that one. :-)
>
> Thanks,
> - Chris
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer -- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE!
(Continue reading)

Chris Frey | 31 Aug 21:53 2011
Picon

Re: New tool based on libbarry

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 07:42:42PM +0200, alberto@... wrote:
> No, nothing, the message seems correctly sent but it never appears on the
> list. I'm trying again this time CCing the list...
> Alberto

That seemed to work.  I've set your subscription to send ack messages
when you post.  Please try again with a reply just to the list and see what
happens.

- Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Offer -- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE!
Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better 
price-free! And you'll get a free "Love Thy Logs" t-shirt when you
download Logger. Secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsisghtdev2dev

Gmane