Charles Wilson | 24 Apr 00:28 2011
Picon
Picon

Weirdness with issue.log

So I uploaded a new mingw-zlib package set, and was trying to modify the
xml manifests.  I did it just like normal, and then did a 'make' ... and
got some unexpected results:

1. Several "unpublished" xml.lzma's in addition to my new mingw32-zlib.xml:
	msys/unpublished/msys-gettext.xml.lzma
	msys/unpublished/msys-mintty.xml.lzma
	msys/unpublished/msys-vim.xml.lzma
	mingw32/unpublished/mingw32-mingw-get.xml.lzma
	mingw32/unpublished/mingw32-runtime.xml.lzma
	mingw32/unpublished/mingw32-zlib.xml.lzma
However, comparison between these manifests on my system, and the ones
already "published" only show a difference in the issue.log-generated
datestamp -- no other changes (except for mingw32-zlib, of course).

2. This means that my two issue logs have changes:
msys/issue.log

-  msys-gettext.xml:2011031800
+  msys-gettext.xml:2011042300
-  msys-mintty.xml:2011042200
+  msys-mintty.xml:2011042300
-  msys-vim.xml:2011031900
+  msys-vim.xml:2011042300

mingw32/issue.log
-  mingw32-mingw-get.xml:2011033100
+  mingw32-mingw-get.xml:2011042300
-  mingw32-runtime.xml:2011032600
+  mingw32-runtime.xml:2011042300
(Continue reading)

Keith Marshall | 24 Apr 01:13 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Weirdness with issue.log

On 23/04/11 23:28, Charles Wilson wrote:
> So I uploaded a new mingw-zlib package set, and was trying to modify the
> xml manifests.  I did it just like normal, and then did a 'make' ... and
> got some unexpected results:
> 
> 1. Several "unpublished" xml.lzma's in addition to my new mingw32-zlib.xml:
> 	msys/unpublished/msys-gettext.xml.lzma
> 	msys/unpublished/msys-mintty.xml.lzma
> 	msys/unpublished/msys-vim.xml.lzma
> 	mingw32/unpublished/mingw32-mingw-get.xml.lzma
> 	mingw32/unpublished/mingw32-runtime.xml.lzma
> 	mingw32/unpublished/mingw32-zlib.xml.lzma
> However, comparison between these manifests on my system, and the ones
> already "published" only show a difference in the issue.log-generated
> datestamp -- no other changes (except for mingw32-zlib, of course).
> 
> ...
> 
> What's going on, and how can we fix it?

Yeah, I'd noticed this too.  I guess you did a 'cvs update' on an
existing working copy, to capture changes made by Cesar, Chris and me.
Nothing unreasonable in that, but unfortunately it doesn't preserve
timestamps on the updated files, as I would have liked, so they get skewed.

I plan to look into it; we need a more reliable test for modified
sources than a simple timestamp check; (SHA1 hash comparison maybe?).
For a short term workaround, a clean 'cvs checkout' and 'make all-sync'
before you drop your modified sources into the tree should yield
a better result.
(Continue reading)

Charles Wilson | 25 Apr 16:46 2011
Picon
Picon

MinGW compiler + Eclipse

FYI:

"Wascana for Indigo" [*]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.cdt.devel/17011

[*] Wascana is a prepackaged installation of the Eclipse IDE with the
mingw compiler, MSYS, and a bunch of additional library ports for MinGW.
 It actually installs TDM's gcc, as it predates our 4.x releases.

Indigo is the next version of Eclipse.

--
Chuck

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fulfilling the Lean Software Promise
Lean software platforms are now widely adopted and the benefits have been 
demonstrated beyond question. Learn why your peers are replacing JEE 
containers with lightweight application servers - and what you can gain 
from the move. http://p.sf.net/sfu/vmware-sfemails
Teemu Nätkinniemi | 26 Apr 09:53 2011
Picon

Re: Problems with tclsh executing scripts.

On 15.10.2010 21:10, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 10/15/2010 2:08 PM, Teemu Nätkinniemi wrote:
>> I've tried disabling things that are specific to Cygwin, for example
>> path conversion which I think is the culprit here, but haven't had any
>> luck so far.
>
> I know I promised to look in to your ports, but I haven't had time yet.
>   It's still on my TODO list.

I decided to revisit the problem with TCL after MSYS 1.0.17 was released.

I built gdb version 6.8 from Cygwin's sources and after running a simple 
Hello World I noticed that the scripts actually do work fine except the 
don't output anything to console but for some reason under gdb the 
output works as well.

For example:

(gdb) set args hello.tcl
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/tclsh84.exe hello.tcl
[New thread 3812.0x4c4]
Error: dll starting at 0x770b0000 not found.
Error: dll starting at 0x75500000 not found.
Error: dll starting at 0x770b0000 not found.
Error: dll starting at 0x77530000 not found.
[New thread 3812.0xf0c]
[New thread 3812.0xab0]
[New thread 3812.0xfb0]
[New thread 3812.0x8e0]
(Continue reading)

Earnie | 26 Apr 17:28 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Problems with tclsh executing scripts.

Teemu Nätkinniemi wrote:
> 
> I built gdb version 6.8 from Cygwin's sources and after running a simple 
> Hello World I noticed that the scripts actually do work fine except the 
> don't output anything to console but for some reason under gdb the 
> output works as well.
> 

Let me guess, you're using RXVT.  If so, then don't!  See the lists
archives and the wiki to find out more about broken pty emulation.

Earnie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhatsUp Gold - Download Free Network Management Software
The most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network 
management toolset available today.  Delivers lowest initial 
acquisition cost and overall TCO of any competing solution.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd
Charles Wilson | 26 Apr 18:05 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Problems with tclsh executing scripts.

On 4/26/2011 11:28 AM, Earnie wrote:
>> I built gdb version 6.8 from Cygwin's sources and after running a simple 
>> Hello World I noticed that the scripts actually do work fine except the 
>> don't output anything to console but for some reason under gdb the 
>> output works as well.
>>
> 
> Let me guess, you're using RXVT.  If so, then don't!  See the lists
> archives and the wiki to find out more about broken pty emulation.

I'd recommend using mingw-get to install 'msys-console' and then run
'console-config'.  This will install and configure Console2
(console.sf.net) for use with MSys and MinGW -- and Console2 does not
suffer from the "pty problem" that rxvt and mintty do.

With regards to the TCL/TK issue, once I get the new msys-perl released
[coming soon], I'm going to take a closer look at Teemu's and LRN's
tcltk packages, with an eye toward releasing an official set of msys-
AND mingw- versions of them.

THEN, the mingw- versions can be used to support an updated build of
(mingw)-gdb/insight [*], and the msys- versions can be used to support
git (tcltk is one of the long list of dependencies needed for a complete
port of git to msys).

[*] the most recent releases of gdb/insight support using a
pre-installed tcl/tk, rather than rolling its own (out of date) build
internally.

--
(Continue reading)

Teemu Nätkinniemi | 26 Apr 18:45 2011
Picon

Re: Problems with tclsh executing scripts.

On 26.4.2011 19:05, Charles Wilson wrote:
> On 4/26/2011 11:28 AM, Earnie wrote:
>>> I built gdb version 6.8 from Cygwin's sources and after running a simple
>>> Hello World I noticed that the scripts actually do work fine except the
>>> don't output anything to console but for some reason under gdb the
>>> output works as well.
>>>
>>
>> Let me guess, you're using RXVT.  If so, then don't!  See the lists
>> archives and the wiki to find out more about broken pty emulation.
>
> I'd recommend using mingw-get to install 'msys-console' and then run
> 'console-config'.  This will install and configure Console2
> (console.sf.net) for use with MSys and MinGW -- and Console2 does not
> suffer from the "pty problem" that rxvt and mintty do.

Doesn't work with Console2 or mintty. By the way, is there a way to use 
MSYS developer mode with Console2?

Teemu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhatsUp Gold - Download Free Network Management Software
The most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network 
management toolset available today.  Delivers lowest initial 
acquisition cost and overall TCO of any competing solution.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd
Charles Wilson | 26 Apr 19:54 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: Problems with tclsh executing scripts.

On 4/26/2011 12:45 PM, Teemu Nätkinniemi wrote:
> On 26.4.2011 19:05, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 4/26/2011 11:28 AM, Earnie wrote:
>>>> I built gdb version 6.8 from Cygwin's sources and after running a simple
>>>> Hello World I noticed that the scripts actually do work fine except the
>>>> don't output anything to console but for some reason under gdb the
>>>> output works as well.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Let me guess, you're using RXVT.  If so, then don't!  See the lists
>>> archives and the wiki to find out more about broken pty emulation.
>>
>> I'd recommend using mingw-get to install 'msys-console' and then run
>> 'console-config'.  This will install and configure Console2
>> (console.sf.net) for use with MSys and MinGW -- and Console2 does not
>> suffer from the "pty problem" that rxvt and mintty do.
> 
> Doesn't work with Console2 

That's interesting.

> or mintty.

But this is expected. mintty uses pty's to communicate with the
inferior, just like rxvt does.

> By the way, is there a way to use 
> MSYS developer mode with Console2?

Yes: my /usr/lib/Console2/console.xml has this <tab/> element:
(Continue reading)

sourceforge - Trac instance | 28 Apr 16:38 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: [sourceforge] #11420: MinGW: project "Files" view exhibits inconsistent behaviour

#11420: MinGW: project "Files" view exhibits inconsistent behaviour
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  keithmarshall  |        Owner:  hinojosa
  Status:  closed         |   Resolution:  fixed   
Keywords:  ENGR AT-00     |      Private:  0       
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Changes (by ctsai):

  * status:  assigned => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Okay, the new File Manager has superseded the old one for quite some time
 now, along with improved readme functionality. I suspect that most if not
 all your expectations have been met now.

 As such, I'm closing this ticket, if you require further assistance,
 please log a new ticket.

 Best Regards,
 Chris Tsai, !SourceForge.net Support

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/11420#comment:21>
sourceforge <http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourceforge/>
SF-project sourceforge
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhatsUp Gold - Download Free Network Management Software
The most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network 
(Continue reading)

sourceforge - Trac instance | 28 Apr 17:02 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: [sourceforge] #11244: FRS: release notes association malfunction

#11244: FRS: release notes association malfunction
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  keithmarshall  |        Owner:  hinojosa
  Status:  closed         |   Resolution:  fixed   
Keywords:  ENGR AT-63     |      Private:  0       
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Changes (by ctsai):

  * status:  reopened => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Hello,

 Okay, so the readme functionality has replaced the old release notes
 functionality. This bug no longer applies.

 Regards,
 Chris Tsai, !SourceForge.net Support

--

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/11244#comment:11>
sourceforge <http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourceforge/>
SF-project sourceforge
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhatsUp Gold - Download Free Network Management Software
The most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network 
management toolset available today.  Delivers lowest initial 
acquisition cost and overall TCO of any competing solution.
(Continue reading)


Gmane