The GNOME Foundation provides travel subsidy to individuals who want to attend GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 and need financial assistance.
We are happy to announce the Travel Committee is ready to receive applications for subsidy to attend GNOME.Asia Summit 2015. This year, GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 is being held in Universities of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia on May 7-9, 2015.
The instructions are detailed at https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel
Please read them carefully.
Deadline: April 7, 2015, 19:00 UTC. You can start sending in your applications now!
Some extra comments:
* Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.
* Asking for sponsorship *does not* guarantee you will get sponsored.
* A good application with good information will be processed fast.
* If you need help with accommodation, you should state in your application that you need lodging, and leave the cost blank.
* Always choose the most economical option when possible. People who need travel sponsorship, should look for the best price (i.e. through a service like kayak.com). If the Travel Committee finds a cheaper price, that will be the price considered during the evaluation.
* Preference would be given to speakers, Foundation members, GSOC students, Women Outreach Program interns and active contributors.
* If your country needs a VISA invitation letter and you are a GNOME contributor, please let the GNOME Travel committee know about it.
* If you are selected for the Google Summer of Code or the GNOME Outreach Program for Women (as student or mentor) you should mention it in your application.
* If your talk was selected for GNOME.Asia Summit 2015, you should mention it in your application.
* The Travel committee should reply back about receiving your application within 2-3 days. After that we would accumulate all the sponsorship requests and process them together. So please do not panic (have any butterflies in your stomach) if we take some time to reply on the status. Affirmative/Negative you would surely get a response.
* No personal emails to committee members. Please keep travel-committee Cc’ed on all your replies.
Feel free to ask questions on the travel-committee list. You can also find us in the #travel channel at irc.gnome.org
Emily Chen & Max Huang
On Behalf of GNOME Travel Committee