Minutes of the Board meeting of June 11th, 2013
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi <at> gmail.com>
2013-07-23 09:18:38 GMT
= Minutes for Meeting of June 11th, 2013, 15:00 UTC =
== Next Meeting ==
* Tuesday, June 25th, 2013, 15:00 UTC
== Attending ==
* Emmanuele Bassi
* Rosanna Yuen
* Bastien Nocera
* Andreas Nilsson
* Joanmarie Diggs
* Tobias Mueller
* Seif Lotfy (late)
* Karen Sandler
=== Regrets ===
* Shaun !McCance (leave early)
== Board Meeting Agenda ==
* GUADEC 2013
* Update on GUADEC 2013
* Canonical is joining as silver sponsors
* Intel declined, but they are still interested in sponsoring GNOME
* GUADEC Travel Budget
* Last meeting we allocated 30,000 EUR in travel for GUADEC. Was this enough?
* We have room in the budget for extensions
* '''ACTION''': Joanie, Karen to contact the travel committee if
they need more funding
* Board and Adboard meetings at GUADEC
* Adboard members have raised issues for a meeting before the
GUADEC start date!
* New proposed date for the adboard meeting: August 5th
* Board meeting would be on the 31st of July, instead of July 30th.
* '''ACTION''': Karen to notify the new board members that there
could be a change in the board and adboard meeting dates
* CfP for Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions and Lightning Talks (LT)
has been opened
* We should open the bids process for GUADEC 2015
* '''ACTION''': Karen to draft the call for bids for GUADEC 2015
* '''ACTION''': Karen to schedule meeting with Strasbourg team during GUADEC
* Montreal Summit
* We are still on the lookout for a location. The local team have
been in contact with several organizations and things look bright.
* Ryan contacted the Canonical office manager, but has received no reply yet
* The local team has been scouting for a location
* Travel report of GNOME.Asia and LinuxCon Japan from Karen
* GNOME.Asia Well-organized, attendance was a bit lower than
expected, but very enthusiastic
* Tobi was voted the best speaker of the event
* Karen was able to talk to various adboard members during LinuxCon
* Good feedback for the marketing team
* Permission to use GNOME in short film.
* Stephen van Vuuren e-mailed the board and asked for permission to
use GNOME as a prop in a short film.
* It's not a copyright issue, more of a trademark one since
copyrights are freely licensed
* Unless it's disparaging GNOME, usage should be granted through the
the license we use
* '''VOTE''': Permission to use the GNOME trademark in a short film
such that it is not disparaging to GNOME or its mark: +1 Seif,
Andreas, Joanie, Bastien, Emmanuele, Tobi
* '''ACTION''': Karen to notify Stephen van Vuuren of the decisions
to grant him the permission to use the GNOME trademark in his short
* Hardware donation announcement.
* The GNOME Foundation recieved hardware donations in the form of 6
Chromebooks from Intel and a individual donor.
* We should announce this on gnome.org and other appropriate channels.
* Karen drafted a PR, it's now being reviewed by Intel's PR department
* There is a draft news item for the a11y of documents bid from Igalia
* OSTree questions from Colin Walters.
* Colin sent a series of questions to board-list after the OSTree
report during the adboard meeting
* Is the gnome-ostree project an appropriate use of The GNOME brand?
* GNOME server resources and administrator time?
* Is gnome-ostree an official product of GNOME?
* Licensing issues
* '''ACTION''': Karen to answer Colin's questions on the ostree
usage of, and impact on, the GNOME branch
* Annual Report update
* Andreas sent the draft to marketing-list for review
* '''ACTION''': Andreas to send the draft of the annual report to
the board list for review
* Accounting Software fundraiser for Free Software organizations.
* We are waiting for the end of the fund raising campaign
* Collecting funds in Europe update
* Karen drafted a MOU and Tobi is reviewing that
* Sysadmin and CiviCRM update
* No new updates
* '''ACTION''': Karen to pick up the discussion from the last email
exchange on CiviCRM
* New board handover
* A new board have been elected. How should the handover be handled?
* New board is confirmed on June 18th
* For the next meeting, June 25th, the new board members will be
invited but won't be able to vote
* After July 1st, the old board members will be invited to the
meeting, but won't be able to vote
* '''ACTION''': Andreas to contact the new board members and invite
them to the June 25th board meeting
== Discussed on the mailing list ==
* Etherpad status.
* The Etherpad instance was acting weird during the last two
meetings and Andrea have been looking into it.
* Exception to renewals during elections.
* Board meeting dates
== Completed Actions ==
* Andreas to contact the adboard members with the date of the meeting
at GUADEC for feedback
* Andreas to contact the local team for securing the venue for the
board and adboard meetings at GUADEC
* Andreas to contact Zeeshan to notify the travel sponsorship
approval for the Maps hackfest
* Andreas to contact Ryan to coordinate with the local volunteers for
securing a venue in Montreál for the summit by August
* Emmanuele to send an email reminding accepted speakers to confirm
presence, and to contact the travel committee for sponsorship
* Joanie to contact travel committee about the allocated budget for
=== New Action Items ===
* Andreas to send the draft of the annual report to the board list for review
* Andreas to contact the new board members and invite them to the
June 25th board meeting
* Joanie, Karen to contact the travel committee if they need more funding
* Karen to notify the new board members that there could be a change
in the board and adboard meeting dates
* Karen to pick up the discussion from the last email exchange on CiviCRM
* Karen to answer Colin's questions on the ostree usage of, and
impact on, the GNOME branch
* Karen to notify Stephen van Vuuren of the decisions to grant him
the permission to use the GNOME trademark in his short film
* Karen to draft the call for bids for GUADEC 2015
* Karen to schedule meeting with Strasbourg team during GUADEC
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org