Andreas Nilsson | 19 May 00:50 2013
Picon

GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Andreas Nilsson

Name: Andreas Nilsson
Affiliation: Red Hat

Designer based in Gothenburg, Sweden, involved in GNOME since 2005.
I am part of the Marketing Team, mainly hacking on our websites and 
putting together printing materials for conferences. I also contribute 
to the Design Team, filing design bugs and doing some UX design. I've 
been an OPW mentor 2 times already, and hopefully will be a 3rd time 
this summer.

I would like to run for the Board again. I've served two times 
previously, one time in 2010-2011 and the other one during the current 
term, 2012-2013.
I currently hold the seat of President on the Board, making sure our 
meetings have a clear agenda and are run on time, in a productive way. 
In addition to that, I also conduct phone meetings with Karen Sandler, 
our ED, every two weeks. For the last two years, I've also put together 
our annual reports, an essential part of our communication with the 
Advisory Board and the community.

For this next term, I would like to focus on growing our contributor 
base, making sure the community has the resources to build a stronger 
product, and establishing new partnerships for doing amazing things 
together with them.
- Andreas
Emmanuele Bassi | 18 May 11:09 2013
Picon

GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Emmanuele Bassi

name: Emmanuele Bassi
email: ebassi (at) gnome.com
affiliation: Endless Mobile

I have been a GNOME contributor for the past 10 years, and served as
secreatry on the board of directors for the past two years.

I would love to continue serving as secretary on the board; I want to
help facilitating the communications between teams, contributors,
adboard members, ISVs that wish to target GNOME, as well as OSVs that
wish to use GNOME as their platform of choice for their products.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
Joanmarie Diggs | 17 May 14:08 2013

GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Joanmarie Diggs

Name: Joanmarie Diggs
E-mail: jdiggs <at> igalia.com
Affiliation: Igalia, S.L.
More about me:
   * http://gnomejournal.org/article/102
   * http://www.linkedin.com/in/joanmariediggs

I have contributed to GNOME for the past six+ years as a developer
and maintainer of the Orca screen reader and as a member of the
GNOME Accessibility Team. This past year I have also served on the
GNOME Foundation's Board.

My first year as a Board member was in large part spent getting up
to speed and participating in the routine duties of being on the
Board. Doing so gave me the opportunity to look for where I can best
lend a hand to help the Foundation and its members. My conclusion,
and what I have since begun working on, is streamlining Foundation
processes, my first target being our travel sponsorship procedures.

Streamlining processes might strike you as an extremely dull area in
which to work. But, as crazy as it might sound, I actually enjoy it.
I personally hate inefficiencies: Life is too short, and the work we
all do as Foundation members is too important, to lose time due to
unnecessarily complex procedures and/or delayed communication. More
efficient processes and more timely communication will allow us to
focus on the work we are here to do, namely developing great Free
software.

Thanks and take care.
--joanie
(Continue reading)

Max | 17 May 09:02 2013
Picon

GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Max Huang

Name:     Max Huang
Email:      sakanamax gmail com
Nick:        sakana
Blog:       
 http://sakananote2.blogspot.com/ ( Chinese )

               http://sakananote2english.blogspot.com/ (English)
Web:       
https://live.gnome.org/ChunHungHuang
Affiliation:


I am working in National Center for High-performance Computing Taiwan(http://www.nchc.org.tw/en/).  I have contributed to GNOME for the past 3  years.  Promote open source, freeware and linux at school in Taiwan.


I am one of GNOME.Asia Committee member, work with GNOME.Asia team.

2010:

*   Meet Pockey and Emily. Take the conference host for GNOME.Asia 2010 with COSCUP ( http://coscup.org/2010/en/ ).  
*  Create GNOME Taiwan Users Group, have a lot of  workshop with gtk and organize gnome 3 launch party with Beijin and Hong Kong.


2011:

*  Went to Bangalore, India  ( http://2011.gnome.asia ), Learn how to host gnome booth, start making GNOME User video with summit. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KUKaBKqWF8)

* Program Committee member in COSCUP to invite GNOME hacker to conference.  (Xan López and Bastien Nocera).


2012:

* Organize GNOME.Asia  summit 2012 in Hong Kong.

* Co-work with openSUSE / KDE, have conference with COSCUP in Taiwan. (http://coscup.org/2012/en/program/)


2013:

* Organize GNOME.Asia summit 2031 in South Korea.


If elected, still new to GNOME operation, wish  could work more with  GNOME promotion in Asia.   Thank you for considering me.



Best regards



Max


_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce
Jochim Selzer | 15 May 21:39 2013

FrOSCon 2013 Call for Papers and Call for Projects

// English \\ (fuer eine Deutsche Version siehe unten)

# FrOSCon 2013 Call for Projects #

We would like to invite you to take part in the eights Free and Open Source Software Conference (FrOSCon 2013).

FrOSCon is a two-day conference on Free Software and Open Source, which takes place on August 24th/25th,
2013 at the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, in St. Augustin near Bonn, Germany.

Main part of the conference is a comprehensive range of talks and workshops. Furthermore, there is a large
exhibition area, where projects have the opportunity to present themselves and get in touch with users
and developers. Moreover, we offer a few rooms for Free Software projects to organize developer meetings
or to present their own program for the visitors of the conference.

We would be pleased if your project would like to contribute to this year's FrOSCon and thus support the
communication and exchange within the Open Source and Free Software community. Depending on the kind of
your participation, there is different information available to you.

# Booth #

To sign up for a booth, please visit https://callforprojects.froscon.org and register your project.
Please feel free to contact us for any questions at exhibitors <at> froscon.org. The registration for booths
will be open until May 23rd.

# Developer Room #

If your project wants to sign up for a developer room, please visit
https://callforprojects.froscon.org, register your project and submit a proposal. The proposal
should contain a short summary (1-2 paragraphs) of what you plan to do and special requirements. Since the
demand for developer rooms usually exceeds the number of rooms we can offer, we will choose the projects
which look the most promising to us based on the submitted proposals. If you have questions concerning the
developer rooms, feel free to contact projects <at> froscon.org. The deadline for the submission of
developer room proposals is also May 23rd.

# Talk or Workshop #

Additionally our Call for Papers already started, we are looking forward to your submissions of talks and
workshops. You can register via http://cfp.froscon.org/. For further information concerning the Call
for Papers take a look at http://www.froscon.de/en/program/call-for-papers/. The Call for Papers
will end on May 23rd, too.

# Important Dates #

May 23, 2013 End of Call for Projects. After this deadline your project can only be accepted if there is still
enough space on the conference and enough time to organize your participation

June 9th,2013 Notification if we accepted your project for a booth and/or developer room

August 24th,2013 First day of FrOSCon

We hope to meet you at FrOSCon in St. Augustin.

// Deutsch \\

Hiermit wollen wir dich herzlich einladen, an der achten Free and Open Source Software Conference
(FrOSCon 2013) teilzunehmen.

Die FrOSCon ist eine zweitaegige Konferenz ueber Freie und Open Source Software, die am 24. und 25. August
2013 an der Fachhochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in Sankt Augustin, in der Naehe von Bonn stattfindet.

Auf der FrOSCon gibt es viele Vortraege ueber aktuelle Themen rund um Freie Software. Ausserdem gibt es
eine grosse Austellungsflaeche, wo sich Projekte mit einem Stand praesentieren koennen, um mit Nutzern
und Entwicklern ins Gespraech zu kommen. Zusaetzlich bieten wir einige Raeume fuer Projekte an, in denen
sich Entwickler treffen oder ein eigenes Programm auf die Beine stellen koennen.

Wir wuerden uns freuen, wenn auch ihr zur diesjaehrigen FrOSCon beitragt und damit den Austausch in der
Free Software Community unterstuetzt. Je nach euren Beteiligungswuenschen gibt es verschiedene Moeglichkeiten.

# Stand #

Euer Projekt hat die Moeglichkeit, sich an einem Stand den Besuchern zu praesentieren. Dafuer koennt ihr
euch unter https://callforprojects.froscon.org anmelden. Die Deadline fuer Aussteller ist der 23.
Mai 2013. Wenn ihr Fragen habt, dann koennt ihr euch jederzeit an uns wenden (aussteller <at> froscon.org).

# Entwicklerraum #

Wenn ihr als Projekt einen Entwicklerraum haben moechtet, meldet euch bitte unter
https://callforprojects.froscon.org an. Registriert dort euer Projekt und hinterlegt an der dafuer
vorgesehenen Stelle  eine kurze Zusammenfassung (1-2 Absaetze) ueber das geplante Programm in eurem
Raum. Falls ihr spezielle Anforderungen habt, wuerden wir euch bitten diese auch dort mit anzugeben. Da
wir in der Vergangenheit mehr Bewerbungen als Raeume hatten, waehlen wir die vielversprechendsten
Projekte auf Grundlage der Beschreibungen aus. Die Deadline fuer die Bewerbung fuer einen
Entwicklerraum ist der 23. Mai 2013.

# Vortrag oder Workshop #

Der Call for Papers ist gestartet und wir freuen uns auf eure Vortraege oder Workshops. Anmelden koennt ihr
euch unter http://cfp.froscon.org/. Weitere Informationen findet ihr unter
http://www.froscon.de/en/program/call-for-papers/. Der Call for Papers wird am 23.05.2012 geschlossen.

# Wichtige Daten #

23.05.2013 Ende des Call for Projects. Nach dieser Deadline koennt ihr nurnoch akzeptiert werden, wenn
genug Platz und Zeit ist um eure Teilnahme zu ermoeglichen

09.06.2013 Benachrichtigung ueber die Annahme oder Ablehnung der Staende/Entwicklerraeume

24.08.2013 Erster Tag der FrOSCon

Wir hoffen euch auf der FrOSCon zu sehen.
Andrea Veri | 6 May 11:29 2013
Picon

Announcing Board of Directors Elections 2013

Dear Foundation Members,

The GNOME Foundation Membership and Elections Committee are pleased to announce the upcoming elections for the Board of Directors in Spring 2013.

The most important deadlines (UTC) in the timeline are the following:

                          *GNOME Board Elections 2013*
2013-05-06: List of candidates opens.
2013-05-19: Last day to announce candidacies, submit summary statements.
2013-05-22: Final list of candidates.
2013-05-26: Instructions mailed to eligible voters, voting begins.
2013-06-09: Voting closes.
2013-06-11: Preliminary results are announced.
2013-06-18: Last day to challenge preliminary results.


ELECTIONS
=========

The seven members of our current Board of Directors have been ruling GNOME for 12 months now. We, the GNOME Foundation Members, will have to elect what will be the Board of Directors for the next year.


CANDIDACY
=========

If you want to run for one of the seven positions on The GNOME Foundation Board of Directors, then send an email to foundation-announce <at> gnome.org and elections <at> gnome org with your full
name, e-mail, corporate affiliation (if any), and your reasons for wanting to serve as a director.

Candidacies must be announced prior to 2013-05-19, 23:59 UTC.

All discussion related to the elections should be held on foundation-list. Members are invited to ask questions to one or all candidates on that list (see below).

A list of candidates will be announced on 2013-05-22.

At this point, you are invited to ask the candidates questions by sending them to foundation-list. These candidates might become your representative, so do not hesitate to ask them questions.

Please try to avoid asking duplicate questions that others have already asked. Also, bear in mind that the candidates invest a lot of time answering questions, so please be reasonable with the amount and scope of the questions. You can also send your questions to membership-committee <at> gnome.org instead, so that the committee can collect, sift and sort the questions before sending them to foundation-list for the candidates to respond. Though, if you prefer to ask your questions directly, please do so.


ELECTORATE
==========

Every GNOME Foundation member whose membership is valid as of 2013-05-22 is eligible to vote in the elections. Please note that Emeritus members won't have voting rights. More details about what Emeritus members can and can't do are available at https://live.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee/EmeritusMembers.

If you are not a member yet, please consider applying for membership ASAP. Late applications will most likely not be processed in time.

The GNOME Foundation Membership and Elections Committee do inform members they need to renew by mailing them once a month both on their personal e-mail and on the foundation-list mailing list. We recommend that members to also double check this to avoid a missed opportunity to vote. Please verify that the email address that is associated with your GNOME Foundation membership is valid and that you are able to read emails sent to this address.

You can verify your membership status by visiting http://foundation.gnome.org/membership and looking for your name, surname on the list of members. You can also verify your last renewal date by highlighting your name, surname with your mouse and waiting a little second for the date to appear correctly.


VOTING
======

The Electorate will receive complete instructions on how to vote by 2013-05-26 via email.

The 7 candidates who receive the most votes as counted by a single transferable vote system (Scottish STV) will be elected, except that no more than two individuals affiliated with any one corporation may be elected.

In the event of a tie for the final slot on the board, the Elections Committee will schedule run-off elections as soon as possible.

---

More information about The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee and the voting process can be found here:


--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av
_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce
Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:31 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of April 16, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130416

= Minutes for Meeting of  April 16th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, April 30th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===
 * Karen Sandler

=== Missing ===
 * Seif Lotfy

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Events
  * GUADEC
   * Update on GUADEC 2013
    * No updates from the papers committee
    * The sponsors brouchure is ready
   * E-mail regarding GUADEC 2015 from Worldwideconventions.
    * Seems to be spam
    * They don't seem to be targeting our kind of conference
  * Update on GNOME.Asia Summit
   * No updates
  * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
   * We have received a report from Ryan
   * Needs to be published alongside with the KDE board
    * '''ACTION''': Andreas to email the KDE eV board to agree on
publishing the Collaboration Summit results
  * Documentation hackfest sponsorship
   * Budget request: USD 9500 (worst case)
   * '''VOTE''': +1 Andreas, Joanie, Emmanuele, Bastien, Tobi - approved
  * Other upcoming events
   * GTK Hackfest https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/GTK2013
   * Budget request: USD 3000 for Tristan van Berkom's travel
   * The request is *very* last minute, even if it was sent to the
travel committee two weeks ago and put on the GNOME wiki for the past
month
   * '''VOTE''': +1 Andreas, Joanie, Shaun, Emmanuele, Bastien - approved
   * '''ACTION''': Joanie to send an email to Tristan to communicate
the vote of the board on his travel sponsorship request
 * We really need to sort out the travel committee and process
  * Should be discussed on the mailing list
 * Annual Report
  * Shaun sent the finances section to Karen for review and is
incorporating the feedback
 * Adboard meeting
  * Our last adboard meeting was in early February, it's time to start
schedule the next one.
  * Ideas for topics.
 * Sysadmin and CiviCRM update
 * Code of conduct
  * We recently had some incidents on the mailing lists and in
bugzilla where certain people where misbehaving. We have a code of
conduct, but it is only a recommendation.
  * Should the CoC be rewritten?
  * Does it need the official enforcement of the foundation?
  * This should be discussed on foundation-list, not by the board
  * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to raise the issue of the CoC enforcement
on board-list
 * Womens outreach update
  * Waiting for an official report from Karen
 * Status of a11y bids
  * Waiting for the recommendation from the review committee

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * RMS e-mailed the board about possible missing license notice in
gnome-shell, Andreas pointed him to the git tree where the license
file is.
 * Andrea Veri gave an update on his weekly items as a sysadmin.
 * Vincent Untz e-mailed and asked for meeting minutes from the last
couple of meeting. Emmanuele promised to send them to the foundation
list as soon as possible.
 * Tobias Mueller e-mailed the board and proposed a schedule for the
upcoming board elections.

== New Action Items ==
 * '''ACTION''': Andreas to email the KDE eV board to agree on
publishing the Collaboration Summit results
 * '''ACTION''': Joanie to send an email to Tristan to communicate the
vote of the board on his travel sponsorship request
 * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to raise the issue of the CoC enforcement
on board-list

== Status of action items ==
 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas and Karen to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby,
restore from backups, etc.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a gift from
the Foundation
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:30 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of April 2, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130402

= Minutes for Meeting of  April 2nd, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==
 * Tuesday, April 16th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Seif Lotfy
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==
 * Events
  * Update on GUADEC
   * GUADEC 2013 progress.
   * Florian Nadge left RH but he made sure to have continuity in the
local organization
   * The website is live
   * CfP is ready to go live on the website and on the mailing lists
    * The marketing team should pick it up on social media
   * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to publish the CfP for GUADEC 2013
   * When should we announce a call for bids for GUADEC 2015?
   * We should not detract from the current GUADEC
   * We could have informal talks with teams that want to submit a bid
during GUADEC 2013
   * '''ACTION''': Karen to raise the question on bids for GUADEC 2015
during the GUADEC committee meeting
   * Do we want to have some requirement?
    * Past years we asked for a committment from the local team to
have a venue available prior to the bid
    * Given the distance from GUADEC 2015, we could just ask for the
presence of an established local team
    * Should we have a discussion for an intent to bid or an actual bid?
    * To be discussed on the mailing list
  * Update on GNOME.Asia Summit
   * Everything seems to be on track
   * Speakers selection tried to encourage the local community to submit talks
   * Also, to keep down costs
  * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
   * Needs to coordinate with the KDE eV for announcing it officially
   * Nobody asked for travel assistance
   * Current attendance is around 10 people
   * The announcement should happen once the summit starts
   * Advertising idea: Karen to interview attendees on why they are
there and what they want to accomplish by the end of the event
  * GTK hackfest
   * [[Hackfests/GTK2013]]
   * travel assistance needed
   * budget covered for RH employees
   * ~2300 USD for flights + ~2200 USD for accommodation = 4500 USD
   * OLPC graciously donated office space for the hackfest in Cambridge
   * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to contact the travel committee for the
travel assistance for the GTK hackfest
  * Possible hackfests.
   * Since the number of hackfests have been low of late, should we
encourage teams to run more hackfests?
   * We still have plenty of room in the budget for hackfests
    * Depending on costs we could still have around six hackfests
    * Shaun is collecting names for a Docs hackfest in June
    * Karen is thinking to have a dedicated Marketing hackfest
(instead of small meetings during other conferences)
    * Andreas proposed an Applications hackfest - maybe before GUADEC?
    * '''ACTION''': Tobias to e-mail foundation list and encourage
that individual teams to propose hackfests.
 * Annual Report
  * Design is still in the works
  * Articles are being written/edited
   * Financial status is in progress
 * Sysadmin and CiviCRM update
  * Sysadmin work is going well
  * Andrea has been very visible and open to his tasks and accomplishments
  * CiviCRM is still in flux
   * It's a big and complex system
   * We don't entirely know how to use it for tracking FoG
   * The Foundation's use case does not seem very much exotic
   * Karen is going to meet with Dan Lovo from CiviCRM to discuss the
CiviCRM featureset that we can use
 * Mobile application for news related to GNOME
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to contact Geno Roupsky to explain the rules
for using the GNOME tradema
 * Flattr donations update
  * We had some issues when setting up the account
  * We are ready to announce it
 * Travel Committee, Delegation, Budgets, etc.
  * Karen reached out to the Linux Foundation for their travel
solutions, and we're waiting to hear back
 * Collecting funds in Europe
  * Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is
currently a costly operation.
  * There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be
able to help collect funds for Europe specifically that we have been
in contact with.
  * Still working on a list of requirements
 * Status of a11y bid proposals
  * The committee of volunteers to review the bid we received has been formed
  * They will send an summary/informed opinion to the board by the end
of the week
  * Once we decide on the bid, we will discuss with the company that
proposed it on a start date
  * The bid itself has a precise timeline and end date
 * LGM funds for GIMP
  * Michael Schumacher from the GIMP team wants to use the money we
hold for them to pay for travel and lodging for the GIMP team for
Libre Graphics Meeting.
  * Receipts have been attached to their mail.
  * '''ACTION''': Zana to transfer the money according to the request
for travel assistance for attending LGM from Michael Schumacher

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Julita asked for advice on trademark usage for GNOME Fest Peru.
  * Karen replied to Julita off-list.
 * Usage of the word Wi-Fi in the Power Settings panel. This is a
possible trademark of the Wi-Fi alliance.
  * Karen is looking into it.
 * Andrea Veri set up Etherpad for note taking for the board and other
teams. Currently in testing phase.
 * Andrea Veri sent his status report to the board.
 * Draft for gnome.org post about the loss of Malcolm Tredinnick
 * Evaluation of a11y bid.

== Completed Actions ==
 * Andreas to remind everyone on the board about the next meeting at
least an hour in advance
 * Bastien to contact Karen and send a reminder for the a11y call for bids
 * Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and make sure that
they are aware of the bid for the a11y contract.

=== New Action Items ===
 * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to publish the CfP for GUADEC 2013
 * '''ACTION''': Karen to raise the question on bids for GUADEC 2015
during the GUADEC committee meeting
 * '''ACTION''': Emmanuele to contact the travel committee for the
travel assistance for the GTK hackfest
 * '''ACTION''': Tobias to e-mail foundation list and encourage that
individual teams to propose hackfests.
 * '''ACTION''': Zana to transfer the money according to the request
for travel assistance for attending LGM from Michael Schumacher

== Status of action items ==
 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas to update the employee handbook with the parental leave
policy (PRIVATE)
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas and Karen to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby,
restore from backups, etc.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a gift from
the Foundation
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:29 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of March 19, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130319

= Minutes for Meeting of March 19th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

 * Seif Lotfy

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Events
  * Update on GUADEC
   * No new updates
   * Waiting for the call for sponsors from the GUADEC team
   * We should start contacting the advisory board members
   * CfP still waiting on the website going live
  * Update on GNOME.Asia Summit
   * New funding/sponsorships for the Asia summit
   * We should allocate the same budget for travel sponsorship that we
allocated last year
    * Last year's budget: USD 15,000
    * Our line for GNOME.Asia in the Foundation's budget is currently USD 10,000
    * Travel budget, and incidental expenses
   * We may be able to get some of that funding back through sponsorship
   * We have some wiggle room in the budget
   * We are also under-budget in terms of hackfests
   * VOTE: +1 Joanie, Andreas, Bastien, Emmanuele, Shaun; Toby abstains
   * ACTION: Karen to notify the GNOME.Asia team about the budget
extension for the travel
  * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
   * Needs to coordinate with the KDE eV for announcing it officially
   * The wiki used to track the summit is hosted on fd.o, but the fd.o
wiki is also under heavy spam attack
   * OpenSUSE has moved the wiki on their infrastructure
   * Would be good to have interviews of the attendees to detail what
they are working on

 * Annual Report
  * Content is written, and is getting reviewed and edited
  * Waiting for the financial section (budget)

 * a11y proposals
  * Current status
  * Joanie raised concerns on the mailing list regarding who receives
the e-mails of the bids and possible conflict of interest, resulting
in Karen changing the call for bids to her address instead of the
board-list. Karen planned to ask all bidders if they agree to publish
their bid.
   * Joanie abstained from the process
  * We received one bid
  * Two options
   * 1. we review the bid we received
   * 2. we extend the bid proposal period
   * ACTION: Karen will contact the committee that she has formed for
this purpose, ccing the board to evaluate whether the bid we received
should be accepted or if we should extend the call for bids. Joannie
will abstain from the process and communication on this but will
receive all emails to board-list <at> .

 * Sysadmin and CiviCRM update
  * Still waiting on the donation page

 * Mobile application for news related to GNOME
  * Geno Roupsky have created a application to read GNOME News.
  * Wants permission to use the name "GNOME News" and to use the logo
  * Needs discussion and vote.
  * ACTION: Karen to contact Geno Roupsky to explain the rules for
using the GNOME trademarks

 * Flattr donations update
  * It was suggested on marketing-list that we should try and
implement flattr.com donations on gnome.org
  * Karen has been in touch with the CEO of Flattr
  * Flattr amended their rules to allow not-for-profit software
companies to be charitable
  * Flattr they are processing our application

 * Travel Committee, Delegation, Budgets, etc.
  * Continue discussion from two weeks ago
  * Main concerns: process far too cumbersome, reimbursement and privacy issues
  * One option was to use an external (corporate) travel management
service for travel
   * It has already been explored in 2011, but the fees were an issue
  * May be worth asking the Linux Foundation for their process
  * ACTION: Zana to send the findings of the previous exploration for
a travel management service to the board
  * ACTION: Joanie will look over the form and see how to revise it to
eliminate the banking details issues
  * ACTION: Andreas to contact Diego to check switching the travel
reimbursement to a web form to increase privacy
  * ACTION: Karen to contact Linux Foundation to ask about their system

 * Collecting funds in Europe
  * Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is
currently a costly operation.
  * There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be
able to help collect funds for Europe specifically that we have been
in contact with.
  * ACTION: Karen to put together a memorandum of understanding with
our requirements for funds collection for Europe to send back to
Wau-Holland-Stiftung

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Sysadmin status update from Andrea Veri.
 * OPW sponsorship program sponsorship levels and names of these.
Board voted in favor of Karens proposal. (needs url to public list)

== Completed Actions ==

 * Andreas to contact Julita to notify of the funds allocated for the
GNOME community event in Lima
 * Andreas to contact Julita to obtain a revised budget for the GNOME
community event in Lima

=== New Action Items ===

 * Andreas to remind everyone on the board about the next meeting at
least an hour in advance
 * Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and make sure that
they are aware of the bid for the a11y contract.
 * Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a gift from
the Foundation
 * Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of donors that
want a postcard

== Status of action items ==

 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas and Karen to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby,
restore from backups, etc.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Bastien to contact Karen and send a reminder for the a11y call for bids
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:29 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of March 5, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130305

= Minutes for Meeting of  March 5th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, March 19th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Emmanuele Bassi
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs
 * Seif Lotfy

=== Regrets ===

 * Karen Sandler

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Events
  * Update on GUADEC
   * Conference website is still pending
   * CfP is blocking on that
   * Emmanuele is going to send the CfP for review to guadec-papers
  * Update on GNOME.Asia Summit
   * CfP is running, not many submissions but still some time to go
   * The CfP announcement hit gnome.org, but it may not have hit PGO

 * GNOME Fest sponsorship
  * Julita Inca asked for sponsorship of 250 USD in order to host a
GNOME event in Lima, Peru.
  * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2013-February/msg00022.html
  * 90 students, presentations
  * We don't have a specific place in the budget for this kind of events
  * It is not the first event of this kind that has been hosted by the
GNOME community in Lima
   * Went over budget last year
   * The foundation did not cover the excess expense
  * Should clarify the budgeted amount with Julita, to avoid going
over budget again
  * VOTE: 250 USD as requested: unanimous
  * VOTE: additional 250 USD in case of over budget: unanimous
  * ACTION: Andreas to contact Julita to notify of the funds allocated
for the GNOME community event in Lima
  * ACTION: Andreas to contact Julita to obtain a revised budget for
the GNOME community event in Lima

 * Sysadmin and CiviCRM update

 * Relocation of GNOME Headquarters
  * Our current address is  Groton, MA 01450, ie, Rosanna's home address.
  * As she is moving to California, we need to make sure to move banks
etc. to there.
  * The Foundation is an entity based in California already.
  * Changes required
   * websites, letterheads
   * potentially, bank account
  * Move date is (tentatively) after mid-June

 * Friends of GNOME status update
  * ACTION: Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a
gift from the Foundation
  * ACTION: Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of
donors that want a postcard

 * Travel Committee, Delegation, Budgets, etc.
  * There is still a lot of work from the boards side to approve travels.
  * Joanie suggested giving the travel committee a fixed budget.
  * The process used by the current committee is very complex
  * If we are going to allocate a fixed budget for the travel
committee we need to identify the portion of the event budget to
allocate for travel
   * This also applies to hackfests and events
  * Proposal: allocate the yearly budget in two blocks of six months
   * Quarterly and monthly are too granular
  * The travel committee is pretty much: Germán, Diego, Joanie, and Zana
  * Continue the discussion on the mailing list

 * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
  * Event is scheduled by mid/end of April
  * Needs to coordinate with the KDE eV for announcing it officially

 * Flattr donations update
  * It was suggested on marketing-list that we should try and
implement flattr.com donations on gnome.org

 * Collecting funds in Europe
  * Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is
currently a costly operation.
  * There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be
able to help collect funds for Europe specifically that we have been
in contact with.

 * Status of a11y proposals
  * No updates
  * Karen should post a reminder that the end of the call for bids is
at the end of next week
  * ACTION: Bastien to contact Karen and send a reminder for the a11y
call for bids

 * GNOME 3 beginners book
  * Various GNOME developers have been asked for a review of the book
  * Potential for partnership and donations to the Foundation through royalties
  * Should we publish the book on our developer-related websites
   * gtk.org mentions the older Foundations of GTK Development book
   * developer.gnome.org does not have a section for published books
   * www.gnome.org or planet.gnome.org

 * Daylight saving time in the US and EU
  * Everybody should know what 15:00 UTC in their local time translates to
  * ACTION: Andreas to remind everyone on the board about the next
meeting at least an hour in advance

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Sysadmin status update from Andrea Veri.

 * Día GNOME 2012 fund request.
  * Fabio Duran Verdugo have had issues with receiving the payment for
Dia GNOME 2012.
  * According to our bank the money was wired on 12/19/12.

 * Regarding GNOME 3 book.
  * Jitesh Gawali from Packt Publishing contacted the board regarding
their new GNOME Developer Book.

== Completed Actions ==

 * Andreas to send the destination address to Rosanna for shipment
 * Karen to renew contact with W3C (contacted again, still awaiting response)
 * Karen to contact foundation-list to get feedback for CiviCRM
(undertaking CiviCRM rehaul)
 * Karen to investigate alternative solutions for CiviCRM (security,
reliability) (undertaking CiviCRM rehaul)

=== New Action Items ===

 * ACTION: Andreas to contact Julita to notify of the funds allocated
for the GNOME community event in Lima
 * ACTION: Andreas to contact Julita to obtain a revised budget for
the GNOME community event in Lima
 * ACTION: Emmanuele to send Zana the list of FoG donors that want a
gift from the Foundation
 * ACTION: Emmanuele to send hackers up for "adoption" the list of
donors that want a postcard
 * ACTION: Bastien to contact Karen and send a reminder for the a11y
call for bids
 * ACTION: Andreas to remind everyone on the board about the next
meeting at least an hour in advance

== Status of action items ==

 * All directors should discuss the first-response contact for emails
 * All directors should continue discussing the a11y team proposal on
the mailing list for the Accessibility FoG project
 * Andreas - To create a wiki page on the web services accounts holders.
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas and Karen to contact Andrea about reliability of gobby,
restore from backups, etc.
 * Bastien will research what the status of the Banshee Amazon revenue
is and report back to Bertrand Lorentz
 * Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and make sure that
they are aware of the bid for the a11y contract.
 * Emmanuele - Will audit the current donors and check that everybody
received their benefits.
 * Emmanuele to start a wiki page on the community feedback of GUADEC 2012
 * Karen - To look into Google Checkout as an annual payment option for FoG.
 * Karen - To finish the Privacy Policy, get review from James Vasile, etc.
 * Karen - Develop trademark usage forms for common use cases. James
Vasile from legal is working with Brian on this.
   * This has been done.  Will close once the Foundation website is
updated, refer to bug #644932.
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=644932
 * Karen - Check records of organizations with existing contracts to
use the GNOME trademark. Taken over from Vincent Untz. Look at the
archives in 2005 and try to determine which companies can use the
GNOME trademark. Know what kind of contracts we had with them.
 * Karen to explore founding options for the GNOME Foundation to be a
member of the W3C
 * Karen to explore funding options for a marketing director
 * Karen - to make LWN integration with CiviCRM one of the
requirements for the contracted project
 * Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the offer from
Wau-Holland-Stiftun for collecting funds in Europe for us.
 * Rosanna - Automate the process of entering !PayPal information into !GnuCash.
 * Rosanna - Will apply for the GNOME credit card.
 * Rosanna - Received the PO from Google for the GSOC payments;
waiting for individual mentor travel receipts to submit invoice.
 * Rosanna - Look at the actual amount of money allocated for the
sysadmin that we can still use
 * Seif to send an email on board-list to start the discussion on the
areas of involvement for each board member

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/
_______________________________________________
foundation-announce mailing list
foundation-announce <at> gnome.org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-announce
Emmanuele Bassi | 29 Apr 00:28 2013
Picon

Minutes of the Board meeting of February 19, 2013

wiki: https://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20130219

= Minutes for Meeting of  February 19th, 2013 =

== Next Meeting ==

 * Tuesday, March 3th, 2013, 15:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Bastien Nocera
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Andreas Nilsson
 * Seif Lotfy
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Joanmarie Diggs

=== Regrets ===

 * Emmanuele Bassi

=== Missing ===

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Problems with Gobby, lost historical minutes (they are still
available in the Wiki)
  * '''ACTION''': Andreas? Karen? to contact Andrea about reliability
of gobby, restore from backups, etc.

 * 2013 Budget
   * Needs vote to finalize (was +1 from Emmanuele, Joanie, Shaun,
Tobi, Andreas)
    * +1 from Seif
    * Abstain from Bastien
   * Passed with votes from previous meeting

 * Sysadmin status update
   * Andrea is very responsive, and working with the CivCRM
contractor, Stuart Gaston

 * CiviCRM status update
   * Should take up to 10 business days
   * Contractor offered training on the new tools, a number of Board
members and employees interested

 * Friends of GNOME status update
  * Google now matches donations from Google employees to the GNOME Foundation
  * '''ACTION''': Check status with Emmanuele for FoG

 * GUADEC status
  * Brochure not finalised yet, draft discussed today
  * Would be nice to take in advice from the AdBoard about giving away
discount vouchers to share around the sponsoring company (rather than
a limited number of entrance vouchers)

 * GNOME Asia status
  * Need entity in Korea to handle sponsorship, Karen contacted the
Linux Foundation about that
  * Call for Papers opening soon

 * Joining W3C status update
  * No updates from W3C
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to renew contact for W3C

 * Thanking ICAB for hosting GNOME DX hackfest
  * ICAB kindly provided us with a location for the DX hackfest in
Brussels. We should thank them somehow.
  * Framed poster was mentioned as an option, we have signed posters
from GUADEC in Den Haag
  * '''ACTION''': Andreas to send the destination address to Rosanna
for shipment of a poster to ICAB

 * Cross Desktop Collaboration Summit proposal status
  * A number of attendees. Setting on dates still. And there is a location.
  * OpenSUSE would sponsor accomodation, location,

 * Flattr donations
  * It was suggested on marketing-list that we should try and
implement flattr.com donations on gnome.org
  * Flattr say that "Software organisations cannot be charitable
organisations". We might be able to get an account, but it would not
be a non-profit account but still better than the standard one

 * Collecting funds in Europe
  * Gathering donations and sending gifts from US to Europe is
currently a costly operation.
  * There is a organization called Wau-Holland-Stiftung that might be
able to help collect funds for Europe specifically
  * Discussions are ongoing, need to gauge interest from our side
first. Cost would be a fixed percentage (capped at already specified
administrative costs).
  * Organisation is currently strongly associated with Wikileaks (tax
exemption removed and restored, accounts frozen, etc.)
  * In strong contact with the German tax office
  *  Shall we further explore this possibility?
  * '''ACTION''': Karen to carry on the discussion to explore the
offer from Wau-Hollan-Stiftung for collecting funds in Europe

 * Status of a11y proposals
   * Nothing has reached us yet
   * We have reached out to some people if they would like to be
independent experts to evaluate the bids.
   * '''ACTION''': Bastien will reach out to a couple of companies and
make sure that they are aware of the A11Y bid.

* Fabian asked for reimbursement reg. Dia GNOME
 * '''ACTION''': Rosanna to handle reimbursement to Fabian for Dia GNOME

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

Gmane