ANNOUNCE: The GUADEC 2013 Call for Presentations is now open!
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi@...
2013-04-02 17:09:35 GMT
The call for presentations for GUADEC 2013 in Brno is finally open.
You can register here:
and submit your talk once you receive the registration email.
I have attached the CfP body in the email, but the executive summary is:
• talks are going to be submitted on the GUADEC website;
• you can submit a talk until Saturday, April 27th;
• you will receive a notification whether your talk has been
accepted or not around May 4th;
• lightning talks and BoF sessions will have their own CfP.
See you all in Brno!
GUADEC Call for Participation
GUADEC is the annual conference of the GNOME community, held in Europe
since 2000. GNOME is a free software project which drives user
interfaces of many GNU/Linux-powered devices, ranging from smartphones
to laptops and personal media centers. GUADEC is the world's largest
gathering of users and developers who are involved with the free
desktop and mobile user interfaces. GUADEC is expected to draw
hundreds of attendees who will discuss and direct the future of the
GNOME project. Developers, artists, translators, users, and
representatives from government, education, and businesses, and anyone
else who shares an interest are welcome.
GUADEC 2013 will be held in Brno, Czech Republic, a city which has
played host to several other successful GNOME-related hackfests in the
past. The conference will be held August 1st to 8th, with extra days
available after the core conference for hackfests and meetings.
The schedule of the conference mirrors the ongoing development of the
• Design of the core user experience (core applications, shell, toolkit)
• Design of the developer experience (tools, documentation, services)
• Integration and extension of the operating system plumbings into the core UX
• Application development and deployment
• Integration of web technologies into the GNOME user experience
• Improving the user experience on different form factors
• Outreach to new contributors
• Organization and governance of the project
Submissions that do not fit into these categories are also welcome,
provided that they are relevant or inspirational to the GNOME
The Call for Participation for GUADEC 2013 has the following timeline:
1. Saturday, April 27h: Deadline for submission of abstracts
2. Saturday, May 4th: Notification of speakers
3. August 1st to 8th: The conference takes place in Brno, Czech Republic
Please submit your proposals before April 27th through the online
submission system. Presentations will be reviewed by the program
committee between the 28th of April and 4th of May.
A separate call for lightning talks will be issued in April. If you
are interested in organizing a workshop session, BoF or project room
during the second part of GUADEC, please wait until the relevant call
for participation is made.
The program committee is looking forward to your submissions to
participate in GUADEC 2013 and contributing to turn the event into a
large success. In case of questions regarding the Call for
Participation, please contact the program committee at
guadec-papers <at> gnome.org. For general questions regarding the
conference, please consult the GUADEC web site or contact the local
GUADEC organizing team.
devel-announce-list mailing list
devel-announce-list <at> gnome.org