ATK 2.14.0 released
Piñeiro <apinheiro <at> igalia.com>
2014-09-22 13:58:32 GMT
A new major version of the stable version of ATK has just been released.
Note: Although in the past ATK maintainers send announcements to
gnome-announce and gnome-accessibility for each release of ATK, from now
on only announcements for new major version of the stable release will
be sent. That announcement would summarize the changes compared with the
previous major version of the stable release.
GNOME provides support for accessibility devices using the ATK
framework. This framework defines a set of interfaces to which
graphical interface components adhere. This allows, for instance,
screen readers to read the text of an interface and interact with its
controls. ATK support is built into GTK+ and the rest of the GNOME
platform, so any application using GTK+ will have reasonable
accessibility support for free.
Nonetheless, you should be aware of accessibility issues when when
developing your applications. Although GTK+ interfaces provide
reasonable accessibility by default, you can often improve how well
your program behaves with accessibility tools by providing additional
information to ATK. If you develop custom widgets, you should ensure
that they expose their properties to ATK.
News (compared with 2.12.0)
* Bug 730859: atk/Makefile.am: Stop reading atk.def
* Fix GIR scanning for srcdir != buildir
* Bug 728031: Use visibility attributes/__declspec (dllexport) to
export public symbols
* GObject-introspection: some small changes needed by the MINGW project.
* Bug 729922: adding further explanation on atk_add_global_event_listener
* Visual C++ Studio files:
* Bug 691991: Add Simple Support for Visual Studio 2012
* MSVC 2010+ Projects: Update "Installation" Process
* Build: Add Build Support for Visual Studio 2013
* MSVC 2012/2013 Support: Update Property Sheet Creation
* Bug 729752: introspection: add many missing Returns: (nullable)
* Doap file updated See 
Alexpux, Piotr Drąg, Benjamin Gilbert, Chun-wei Fan, Evan Nemerson,
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias, Olav Vitters, Owen W. Taylor
Carles Ferrando (ca <at> valencia), genodeftest (de), Pau Iranzo (ca),
Dušan Kazik (sk), Christian Kirbach (de), Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio
(eu), Lasse Liehu (fi), marablack3 (el), Maria Mavridou (el), Yuri
Myasoedov (ru), Yosef Or Boczko (he), ngoswami (as), Matej Urbančič (sl).
Alejandro Piñeiro Iglesias
gnome-accessibility-devel mailing list
gnome-accessibility-devel <at> gnome.org