Martin Desruisseaux | 5 Sep 13:10 2011
Picon

Axis orientations resource

Hello all

As a side effect of the GeoAPI wrapper work, there is a list of all EPSG codes 
supported by Proj.4 grouped by their axis orientations. There is the URL in case 
it may be of some use:

https://geoapi.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geoapi/trunk/geoapi-proj4/src/main/resources/org/opengis/wrapper/proj4/axis-orientations.txt

I presume that similar resource already exists somewhere else. But for GeoAPI I 
needed not only the axis orientations of the CRS itself, but also the axis 
orientations of the base CRS when applicable. So in the above file, orientations 
like "en,ne" are for "<orientation of projected CRS>,<orientation of base CRS>".

     Regards,

         Martin

_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj

Irwin Scollar | 8 Sep 15:32 2011
Picon

ESRI proj codes

The NAD directory of proj4 contains the files esri and esri-other 
with additional codes numbered above 100000.

These useful additional codes are not recognized by the EPSG web site 
http://www.epsg-registry.org/. They are also not in the official 
Access database file EPSG_v7_9.mdb.   They are however linked on the 
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/ site.

Is there an Internet source for the latest ESRI data which can be 
used to create a supplementary table for the EPSG Access database and 
which can be updated when ESRI or EPSG adds or changes something?

Irwin Scollar

_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj

Mustafa646 | 8 Sep 16:18 2011
Picon

What is EPSG code for ST74 0 gon 65:0 projection.

I have a shapefile with projection ST74 0 gon 65:0 (represents Lidingö area
in stockholm). What is the EPSG code for this projection ? I have searched
and find that EPSG code for ST74 is 3152 but it did not work fully. I want
to change this projection into EPSG:4326 by using ogr2ogr tool.  But when i
convert from EPSG:3152 to EPSG:4326, i noted that shapefile does not fit on
correct location (Lidingö). Instead It placed near Eskilstuna. (A place
approx 100 km away from stockholm).

Its bounding box values were 16.398, 59.353 (for Eskilstuna area), when
converted from 3152 to 4326.
but actually, the bounding box values for Lidingö should be 18.345, 59.234
(for Lidingö area)

Is there any way to solve this problem ?

--
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/What-is-EPSG-code-for-ST74-0-gon-65-0-projection-tp6772007p6772007.html
Sent from the PROJ.4 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
Mustafa646 | 8 Sep 16:38 2011
Picon

How to get .prj file from Shapefile

I received a shapefile (.shp, .shx and .db files) but .prj file is missing.
Can i read/create .prj file from this shapefile ?

Any way or some software to create .prj file ?

--
View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/How-to-get-prj-file-from-Shapefile-tp6772109p6772109.html
Sent from the PROJ.4 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj

Eric Miller | 8 Sep 17:16 2011

Re: ESRI proj codes

ESRI documents the various codes in their online help.  I'm not sure if there is a single place for all of them
(outside the SDK header file pedef.h which is considered a "trade secret").  For instance, the C++ API has
several projection related constants.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_cpp/componenthelp/index.html#/esriSRProjCSType_Constants/000w0000003q000000/

And geographic coordinate systems ...

http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_cpp/componenthelp/index.html#/esriSRGeoCSType_Constants/000w0000002t000000/
-- 

Eric G. Miller
Staff Programmer
CA Dept. of Fish & Game

>>> On 9/8/2011 at 6:32 AM, Irwin Scollar <al001 <at> uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> The NAD directory of proj4 contains the files esri and esri-other 
> with additional codes numbered above 100000.
> 
> These useful additional codes are not recognized by the EPSG web site 
> http://www.epsg-registry.org/. They are also not in the official 
> Access database file EPSG_v7_9.mdb.   They are however linked on the 
> http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/ site.
> 
> Is there an Internet source for the latest ESRI data which can be 
> used to create a supplementary table for the EPSG Access database and 
> which can be updated when ESRI or EPSG adds or changes something?
> 
> Irwin Scollar
> 
(Continue reading)

Eric Miller | 8 Sep 17:19 2011

Re: How to get .prj file from Shapefile

Yes, but the trick is you have to know the coordinate system for the data.  The prj file is just a text file.  I
think Frank's OGR tool might be able to help.
-- 

Eric G. Miller
Staff Programmer
CA Dept. of Fish & Game

>>> On 9/8/2011 at 7:38 AM, Mustafa646 <noorcs22 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I received a shapefile (.shp, .shx and .db files) but .prj file is missing.
> Can i read/create .prj file from this shapefile ?
> 
> Any way or some software to create .prj file ?
> 
> --
> View this message in context: 
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/How-to-get-prj-file-from-Shapefile-tp6 
> 772109p6772109.html
> Sent from the PROJ.4 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Proj mailing list
> Proj <at> lists.maptools.org 
> http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj

_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj

(Continue reading)

support.mn | 8 Sep 22:27 2011
Picon

Re: How to get .prj file from Shapefile

Hello,

prj files seem to be more or less informative ... you can not really trust
what is given in them. But here is one view:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapefile#Shapefile_projection_format_.28.prj.29

regards: Janne.

------------------------------------------

Mustafa646 [noorcs22 <at> gmail.com] kirjoitti: 
> I received a shapefile (.shp, .shx and .db files) but .prj file is missing.
> Can i read/create .prj file from this shapefile ?
> 
> Any way or some software to create .prj file ?
> 
> --
> View this message in context: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/How-to-get-prj-file-from-Shapefile-tp6772109p6772109.html
> Sent from the PROJ.4 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Proj mailing list
> Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
> http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
> 

_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
(Continue reading)

Mikael Rittri | 8 Sep 22:39 2011

Re: What is EPSG code for ST74 0 gon 65:0 projection.

Hello Mustafa.

There are two EPSG codes that are interesting, 3152 for ST74 and 3854 for County ST74.
 I think these two are nearly the same, but one may be a little more accurate. 
However, your problem is that both represent ST 74 0 gon 65:-1, to use the full Swedish name.
 There is a tradition (now deprecated by the Land Survey) to adapt the offsets (false easing and northing)
for local use
so that 5-digit meter coordinates can be used inside a local 100 km square. The ending n:e of a Swedish CRS
name means that
 the False Northing and False Easting are n and e multiplied by -100 000 m.  So the EPSG systems have FN = -6 500
000 m and FE = 100 000 m, but you need FN = -6 500 000 m and FE = 0 m.

 Well, that is not quite true; these round numbers are valid if you start with the true ST74 as the geodetic
datum. In EPSG the datum is SWEREF99 (nearly WGS84) and the slightly modified projection parameters give
a good approximation of the CRS in terms of SWEREF99.

So, ST74 0 gon 65:0 does not have an EPSG code. But take either EPSG:3854 or EPSG:3152,
 and decrease the False Easting by 100 000 m; that should be what you want. 

Best regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden
http://www.carmenta.com

8 sep 2011 kl. 16:21 skrev "Mustafa646" <noorcs22 <at> gmail.com>:

> I have a shapefile with projection ST74 0 gon 65:0 (represents Lidingö area
> in stockholm). What is the EPSG code for this projection ? I have searched
(Continue reading)

hilmyh | 9 Sep 04:16 2011
Picon

Re: RSO projection

You did not mention which RSO you are working with -- Variant A or Variant B.


There has been a lot of discussions on this issue already, for example: http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/RSO-gamma-and-Hotine-Oblique-Mercator-Variant-A-td6256795.html


Hilmy


On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM, gracecwl [via OSGeo.org] <[hidden email]> wrote:
As I know Proj4 provide rich projection library for open source software such as gvSIG. However, when  I trying the transformation for WGS84 to RSO, it gives me a wrong output. The correct 0utput range should be between 2000000,5000000; but the one i get is 1000000,4000000.
Does anyone has any idea about what should i do for this case. Anyway for me to change the code or parameters?

Grace

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/RSO-projection-tp6774427p6774427.html
To start a new topic under PROJ.4, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from PROJ.4, click here.


View this message in context: Re: RSO projection
Sent from the PROJ.4 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj
Melita Kennedy | 9 Sep 06:30 2011
Picon
Picon

Re: ESRI proj codes

>Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:16:18 -0700
>From: Eric Miller <EMiller <at> dfg.ca.gov>
>Subject: Re: [Proj] ESRI proj codes
>To: <proj <at> lists.maptools.org>
>
>ESRI documents the various codes in their online help.  I'm not sure if there is a single place for all of them
(outside the SDK header file pedef.h which is considered a "trade secret").  For instance, the C++ API has
several projection related constants.
>
>http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_cpp/componenthelp/index.html#/esriSRProjCSType_Constants/000w0000003q000000/
>
>And geographic coordinate systems ...
>
>http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_cpp/componenthelp/index.html#/esriSRGeoCSType_Constants/000w0000002t000000/
>-- 
>
>Eric G. Miller
>Staff Programmer
>CA Dept. of Fish & Game
>
>
>>>> On 9/8/2011 at 6:32 AM, Irwin Scollar <al001 <at> uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>> The NAD directory of proj4 contains the files esri and esri-other 
>> with additional codes numbered above 100000.
>> 
>> These useful additional codes are not recognized by the EPSG web site 
>> http://www.epsg-registry.org/. They are also not in the official 
>> Access database file EPSG_v7_9.mdb.   They are however linked on the 
>> http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/ site.
>> 
>> Is there an Internet source for the latest ESRI data which can be 
>> used to create a supplementary table for the EPSG Access database and 
>> which can be updated when ESRI or EPSG adds or changes something?
>> 
>> Irwin Scollar

Irwin, 

There currently is not a complete list available online. The ArcObjects enumeration lists are not
complete. These are definitions defined by Esri. Sometimes EPSG adds the definitions later, and then
Esri updates the well-known IDs to the EPSG one (as more authoritative). Some are beyond the scope of EPSG,
like the county-level or multi-county-level systems in use in some US states.

Eric, 

The pedef.h file is not considered a trade secret! It used to be included in the online help for ArcSDE, but I
believe we stopped that when the files got pretty large. It's not really enough information to build the
PROJ tables. You would need access to the well-known text strings, or the PE library to get the parameters,
unit, gcs, etc.

Melita

_______________________________________________
Proj mailing list
Proj <at> lists.maptools.org
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/proj


Gmane