Annotation label with styleitem auto uses bitmap font
Jelmer Baas <baas <at> speerit.nl>
2014-11-05 15:30:07 GMT
I have some converted AutoCAD files in MapInfo format that I'm showing via MapScript (up-to-date, via apt
get). To show all components, each TAB file has both a 'line' layer (styleitem "auto") and an 'annotation'
layer (also set to styleitem "auto"). This has worked fine for ages, but there are two issues:
- Special characters aren't displayed
- We now have a new file, which has an odd font size
Because of this new file, I'm beging flooded with this message:
msGetRasterTextBBox(): General error message. selected renderer does not support bitmap font size 13
Both issues obviously mean MapServer is using its built-in bitmap font. Is there a way to override this?
I've tried a few options already:
- Switching to PNG instead of GIF output format
- Setting class.label properties; this has been removed in 6.2
- Creating a new labelObj, and adding it via class.addLabel; this manages to crash my python script (not
getting caught in try/catch) without leaving any logs when styleitem is still set to "auto"
- Adding a default and Arial entry in my fontlist file. This seems to be ignored.
Furthermore, I can't seem to get ANY logging from MapScript. I've tried setting debug to MS_TRUE in the
layer, mapfile, class, etc. Log file is being created (in /tmp) but remains empty.
Am I doing something wrong? Missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
mapserver-users mailing list
mapserver-users <at> lists.osgeo.org