Hamish | 1 Dec 11:34 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1915] RE: configuring Grass5.03 on Debian - includes locations

>   For those compiling on Debian Woody in the future, here is a partial 
> list of the debian "apt-get" names for the packages based on what I still
> needed:
> 
>    zlib1g-dev
>    libjpeg-dev
>    libtiff-dev
>    libpng-dev
>    libgd-dev
>    libtcl8.3-dev
>    pg-dev
>    postgresql-dev
>    mesag3-dev  OR xlibmesa3-dev
>    unixodbc-dev
>    fftw-dev  ( & sfftw-dev ?)

moreover, a ./configure line for Debian 3.0 (Woody)

CFLAGS="-O3 -march=i686 -Wall" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure \
        --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.3 \
        --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql \
        --with-motif --with-motif-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
        --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
        --with-blas --with-blas-libs=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/3.0.4 \
        --with-lapack --with-glw \
        --with-readline \
        2>&1 | tee config_log.txt

$> make
#> make install
(Continue reading)

hamdi ines | 1 Dec 11:47 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1916] postgresql in grass57

Hello,
before i want to thank you very much for your help and
i m two questions:
- first I want to know what version for postgresql
must be installed with grass5.7 and also what version
of redhat can i use.
- second i have many problem with the library
libpq.so.3 and i wanted to download it from the web
but the link is deleted, from this it is possible to
send me this library or to give me how resolv it.

HAMDI INES
THANK YOU!!!!

___________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse  <at> yahoo.fr gratuite et en fran├žais !
Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Radim Blazek | 1 Dec 12:56 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1917] Re: importing e00 files in 5.7

On Saturday 29 November 2003 19:11, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> Quick question: how do you import e00 data into a GRASS 5.7 database? I
> dont see m.in.e00 in the list of commands anymore.
>
> Thanks,

In theory, it should be possible to convert e00 to binary coverage:
http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/e00/index-avce00.html
and import by v.in.ogr

Radim

Radim Blazek | 1 Dec 13:08 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1918] Re: postgresql in grass57

On Monday 01 December 2003 11:47, hamdi ines wrote:
> Hello,
> before i want to thank you very much for your help and
> i m two questions:
> - first I want to know what version for postgresql
> must be installed with grass5.7 and also what version
> of redhat can i use.

There are no special requirements for Postrgres version.

Radim

Daniel Victoria | 1 Dec 12:56 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1919] Export Raster

Hi all,

I need to remove some grass rasters from my HD since
it's almost filled up, but I don't want to loose the
files. What would be the best way to do this? Is there
such a command like export, so I can do a safe backup
of the files? Should I use r.out.ascii, r.out.bin? Or
just copy the entire directory?

Thanks

Daniel

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/

leo.lami@katamail.com | 1 Dec 13:34 2003

[GRASSLIST:1920] v.digit grass5.7

I have a problem with v.digit in grass 5.7. 
v.digit works well but I cannot to display a 
raster map in background. 
When i write "d.rast map=***" in the background 
command line of the v.digit window the output 
display say: map does not exist 
It refers to raster map but the raster map 
exists. 

Can someone help me? 

Thank you 
   Leonardo Lami  

Radim Blazek | 1 Dec 14:46 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1921] Re: v.digit grass5.7

On Monday 01 December 2003 13:34, leo.lami <at> katamail.com wrote:
> I have a problem with v.digit in grass 5.7.
> v.digit works well but I cannot to display a
> raster map in background.
> When i write "d.rast map=***" in the background
> command line of the v.digit window the output
> display say: map does not exist
> It refers to raster map but the raster map
> exists.
>
> Can someone help me?

Do you run the v.digit from GUI (TclTk) or command line?
I think that GUI does not work well if parameters have spaces.
Try also to add d.rast later in v.digit dialog.

Radim

Markus Neteler | 1 Dec 14:22 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1922] Re: i.ortho.photo on osx

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 05:59:43PM -0700, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> At 10:07 AM 11/26/2003, Markus Neteler wrote:
> 
> >Reference:
> >http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2003-November/010893.html
> >
> >Above problems should be fixed now (in 5.3-CVS). Reason was
> >that a DEM of FCELL type was not read properly.
> >In case of such troubles either update i.ortho.photo or use
> >'r.recode' to make the DEM of DCELL type.
> 
> Markus, Ian;
> 
> I revisited my problematic project, converted to DCELL and it worked very 
> nicely. Thanks Markus! But, I am confused on FCELL versus DCELL. I assumed 
> that my metric DEM was integers and that converting to feet created a 
> floating point, or double precision DEM, thus avoiding the problem you 
> describe above. But what is the difference between FCELL and DCELL?

[ already explained ] 

> An important note (especially for Ian), my Overall rms error was 17.92 with 
> my DEM in feet, but went down to 1.71 with a DCELL DEM in meters. I believe 
> this is because the vertical units must be the same as the horizontal 
> units.

I think yes.

> In other words, by converting to feet I was able to bypass the 
> problem Markus has described and create a visually acceptable ortho 
(Continue reading)

Markus Neteler | 1 Dec 14:31 2003
Picon

[GRASSLIST:1923] Re: importing e00 files in 5.7

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 01:11:31PM -0500, Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> Quick question: how do you import e00 data into a GRASS 5.7 database? I 
> dont see m.in.e00 in the list of commands anymore.

You could try this
AVCIMPORT - Version 1.2.0 (2000-10-17)
     Convert an Arc/Info vector coverage from E00 to binary.
     Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, Daniel Morissette (danmo <at> videotron.ca)
     AVCE00 web page:  http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/e00/

Usage: avcimport <input_file> <coverage_path> [<coverage_type>]

  <coverage_type> is either 'V7' (the default) to write a Unix V7.x coverage,
                  or 'PC' to write a PC/Arc coverage.

and then 'v.in.ogr'.

Markus

leo.lami@katamail.com | 1 Dec 15:02 2003

[GRASSLIST:1924] (no subject)

Thank you very much.  
I resolved the problem writing v.digit from  
command line putting "d.rast map=***" in  
brackets after the option bgcmd=.  

It does not work from GUI. 

Good work  

Leonardo Lami  

> Da: Radim Blazek <blazek <at> itc.it>  
> Data: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:46:24 +0100  
> A: "leo.lami <at> katamail.com"  
<leo.lami <at> katamail.com>, GRASSLIST <at> baylor.edu  
> Oggetto: Re: [GRASSLIST:1920] v.digit grass5.7  
>  
> On Monday 01 December 2003 13:34,  
leo.lami <at> katamail.com wrote:  
> > I have a problem with v.digit in grass 5.7.  
> > v.digit works well but I cannot to display a  
> > raster map in background.  
> > When i write "d.rast map=***" in the  
background  
> > command line of the v.digit window the  
output  
> > display say: map does not exist  
> > It refers to raster map but the raster map  
> > exists.  
> >  
(Continue reading)


Gmane