Hamish | 1 Apr 05:15 2007
X-Face
Picon

Re: [GRASSGUI] Re: [GRASS-dev] menu help

Michael Barton wrote:
> 
> The best thing for the long run would be work work with the keyword
> section of the interface description that Markus set up and arrange
> the keys so that they could build a menu automatically. Then we
> wouldn't have to manually maintain the hundreds of commands.

Keywords can help self-organize a new menu tree, but ultimately the
final cut will have to be crafted by hand.

Hamish
nicholas.g.lawrence | 2 Apr 01:47 2007
Picon
Picon

Re: [GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map


>Thierry Laronde (Alceste)
> ---because PostScript is a standard

Exactly what do you mean by this?

Is PostScript a de-facto standard? Like microsoft word.doc?

Or is it a standard recognised by ISO? (standard de-jure?)

nick

************************************************************
Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.
************************************************************
Glynn Clements | 2 Apr 05:09 2007

Re: [GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map


nicholas.g.lawrence <at> mainroads.qld.gov.au wrote:

> >Thierry Laronde (Alceste)
> > ---because PostScript is a standard
> 
> Exactly what do you mean by this?
> 
> Is PostScript a de-facto standard? Like microsoft word.doc?
> 
> Or is it a standard recognised by ISO? (standard de-jure?)

Yes, sort of, and no.

It's a de-facto standard, not a de-jure standard. But unlike MS-Word,
PostScript is extensively documented, and a free (GPL) implementation
(Ghostscript) is available for all common platforms.

FWIW, the reference documentation is available from:

	http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/ps/index_specs.html

--

-- 
Glynn Clements <glynn <at> gclements.plus.com>
Glynn Clements | 2 Apr 09:34 2007

Re: [GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map


Glynn Clements wrote:

> The original unscaled raster function R_RGB_raster() is only used by
> i.point, i.vpoints and i.class. They could be changed to use the
> scaled raster functions with 1:1 scaling, although I'm not sure that I
> understand them well enough to test any changes, and I'm not sure if
> it's worth the effort (AFAIK, they should all be obsolete soon).

I've changed them to use the scaled raster functions (D_draw_d_raster
rather than D_d_raster). i.points seems to work okay (although I'm not
all that familiar with it), and the other two have almost identical
code. Even so, I'd appreciate it if someone could test these changes.

--

-- 
Glynn Clements <glynn <at> gclements.plus.com>
tlaronde | 2 Apr 11:21 2007

Re: [GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 12:05:42AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> 
> tlaronde <at> polynum.com wrote:
> 
> > My remark about the fact that the DRAWLIB (mistakenly called RASTERLIB)
> 
> Not really. It was designed for raster graphics devices, and in many
> regards is only suitable for them.
> 
> The name reflects the fact that it targets raster devices, not that it
> draws raster images.
> 
> In that sense, PostScript is also a raster graphics system; you can't
> fully implement it on e.g. a plotter.

Yes and no. PostScript is a vector language, as is METAFONT and so on.
The fact that, generally, the final step is to convert these vectorial
descriptions in raster is an implementation detail.

The man pages for the DRAWLIB (RASTERLIB) mentions:

A!ll graphics standards in industry are aimed  at CAD-CAM vector
applications.  GRASS, being raster based in its primary data
format, requires the ability to work  directly  with a  device's
pixles.  This library provides that capability while interfacing
itself to commercially available vector graphics.

So the "raster" was more taken from the source (the original GRASS,
before the development of the vector) than for the target.

(Continue reading)

Glynn Clements | 2 Apr 11:49 2007

Re: [GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map


tlaronde <at> polynum.com wrote:

> AFAIK, rendering (displaying) in GRASS GPL is made by displaying a
> previously composed PNG image (Am I right?).

That's how gis.m works; it doesn't apply when using display drivers.

--

-- 
Glynn Clements <glynn <at> gclements.plus.com>
Paolo Cavallini | 2 Apr 11:56 2007
Picon

[GRASS-dev] compile error?


Hi all.
I'm getting an error during compilation (yet, I tried running make
distclean, but  it doesn't help).
Any explanation?
Thanks.
pc
=====================================
Installing with make install...

======================= Installation results =======================
echo /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63
/home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63
/bin/sh: line 5: [: =: unary operator expected
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6'
test -d /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs || mkdir -p -m 755 /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs
test -d /usr/local/bin || mkdir -p -m 755 /usr/local/bin
sed -e "s#^GISBASE.*#GISBASE=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs#" /home/paolo/Desktop/
buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63 > /usr/local/bin/grass63
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/grass63
sed -e "s#^WINGISBASE.*#WINGISBASE=/usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs#" /home/paolo/De
sktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63.bat > /usr/local/bin
/grass63.bat
chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/grass63.bat
cd /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu ; tar cBf
bin | (cd /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs ; tar xBf - ) 2>/dev/null
make[1]: [real-install] Error 2 (ignored)
cd /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu ; tar cBf
bwidget | (cd /usr/local/grass-6.3.cvs ; tar xBf - ) 2>/dev/null
cd /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu ; tar cBf
(Continue reading)

Glynn Clements | 2 Apr 13:21 2007

Re: [GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map


Glynn Clements wrote:

> > The original unscaled raster function R_RGB_raster() is only used by
> > i.point, i.vpoints and i.class. They could be changed to use the
> > scaled raster functions with 1:1 scaling, although I'm not sure that I
> > understand them well enough to test any changes, and I'm not sure if
> > it's worth the effort (AFAIK, they should all be obsolete soon).
> 
> I've changed them to use the scaled raster functions (D_draw_d_raster
> rather than D_d_raster). i.points seems to work okay (although I'm not
> all that familiar with it), and the other two have almost identical
> code. Even so, I'd appreciate it if someone could test these changes.

Also changed: photo.2target and photo.2image.

--

-- 
Glynn Clements <glynn <at> gclements.plus.com>
Markus Neteler | 2 Apr 16:35 2007
Picon

Re: [GRASS-dev] compile error?

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 11:56:49AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi all.
> I'm getting an error during compilation (yet, I tried running make
> distclean, but  it doesn't help).
> Any explanation?
> Thanks.
> pc
> =====================================
> Installing with make install...
> 
> ======================= Installation results =======================
> echo /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63
> /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63
> /bin/sh: line 5: [: =: unary operator expected
...

Fixed in CVS. MACOSX_APP must be quoted in the Makefile.

Markus
William Kyngesburye | 2 Apr 17:17 2007

Re: [GRASS-dev] compile error?

Sorry about that.

Would this also affect when it's used in ifeq() ?  ie:

ifeq ($(MACOSX_APP),1)

On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 11:56:49AM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Hi all.
>> I'm getting an error during compilation (yet, I tried running make
>> distclean, but  it doesn't help).
>> Any explanation?
>> Thanks.
>> pc
>> =====================================
>> Installing with make install...
>>
>> ======================= Installation results =======================
>> echo /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/ 
>> grass63
>> /home/paolo/Desktop/buildpackage/grass6/bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/grass63
>> /bin/sh: line 5: [: =: unary operator expected
> ...
>
> Fixed in CVS. MACOSX_APP must be quoted in the Makefile.
>
(Continue reading)


Gmane