Maik Greubel | 4 Mar 13:03 2007
Picon

Account problem

Hello,

I have a problem, that I don't understand: sometimes if I restart the
shard process (linux mono 1.2.x), most of the accounts created or
sometimes all accounts are deleted. If are all deleted, I have to delete
account.xml to create a new administrator.

This problem is not! reproducable, so I can't say, where the source of
this problem is. World Save can't be the problem, there are many saves
between last account disconnect.

I have no idea where to start analyze. May someone has an idea.

--

-- 
Maik Greubel

Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 5385 bytes
_______________________________________________
sunuo-users mailing list
sunuo-users <at> lists.berlios.de
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/sunuo-users
Max Kellermann | 4 Mar 13:06 2007

Re: Account problem

On 2007/03/04 13:03, Maik Greubel <greubel <at> nkey.de> wrote:
> I have a problem, that I don't understand: sometimes if I restart
> the shard process (linux mono 1.2.x), most of the accounts created
> or sometimes all accounts are deleted. If are all deleted, I have to
> delete account.xml to create a new administrator.

Did you save before shutting down?

Max
Maik Greubel | 4 Mar 13:19 2007
Picon

Re: Account problem

If you mean, wether I typed [save, I have to say, no. But the last save
was about 10 minutes before.

I wrote a init script for fedora to start and stop the -service
parametered SunUO.exe call.

On stop there is no save, just a killproc command. Is that the failure?
If so, I have a problem. I don't want to connect each time I restart the
process. Is there a command line tool to initiate a save and reboot? If
not, may I write one using the OrbRemote-Technology.

Regards
Maik

Max Kellermann schrieb:
> On 2007/03/04 13:03, Maik Greubel <greubel <at> nkey.de> wrote:
>> I have a problem, that I don't understand: sometimes if I restart
>> the shard process (linux mono 1.2.x), most of the accounts created
>> or sometimes all accounts are deleted. If are all deleted, I have to
>> delete account.xml to create a new administrator.
> 
> Did you save before shutting down?
> 
> Max
> 
> _______________________________________________
> sunuo-users mailing list
> sunuo-users <at> lists.berlios.de
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/sunuo-users
> 
(Continue reading)

Maik Greubel | 10 Mar 13:28 2007
Picon

Simple Change in one file - complete script compiling

Is it possible to modify ScriptCompiler to compile only that scripts,
which are new or modified?

This would save much time.
--

-- 
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 5270 bytes
_______________________________________________
sunuo-users mailing list
sunuo-users <at> lists.berlios.de
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/sunuo-users
Patrick Reinhardt | 18 Mar 02:39 2007
Picon

Re: Simple Change in one file - complete script compiling

Hello.

Maik Greubel schrieb:
> Is it possible to modify ScriptCompiler to compile only that scripts,
> which are new or modified?
Try to split up your scripts into libraries. Only the changed libraries 
will be recompiled on startup.

See: http://www.sunuo.org/doc/sunuo.html#why_script_libs for details.

Patrick
Patrick Reinhardt | 19 Mar 21:33 2007
Picon

Custom house problem on Linux was: Re: Simple Change in one file - complete script compiling

Hi.

Peter Esposito wrote:
> Hey do you know if sunuo via linux works with custom houses yet?
> Im dieing to run it on my bsd or linux box and ditch windows
Yes, we successfully tested it some months ago. Your problem is probably 
zlib related. Max discusses this in the SunUO documentation: 
http://www.sunuo.org/doc/sunuo.html#custom_houses

I added a cc to the list to let everyone participate.

Patrick
Maik Greubel | 19 Mar 22:32 2007
Picon

Re: Simple Change in one file - complete script compiling


Patrick Reinhardt schrieb:
> See: http://www.sunuo.org/doc/sunuo.html#why_script_libs for details.

Wow, this cool feature I didn't know. Very nice! Thanks.
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 5385 bytes
_______________________________________________
sunuo-users mailing list
sunuo-users <at> lists.berlios.de
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/sunuo-users
Maik Greubel | 19 Mar 22:37 2007
Picon

Re: Account problem

Ok, I took some investigations on this. It seems, that PlayerMobiles are
not serialized surely. After a restart with some Chars lost, I have more
items at world load. But that is impossible, I didn't added something.

After a new restart, the accounts are deleted, too, because the char
index doesn't exist. So the server thinks, that this account don't exist
anymore.

IMO this problem is not really an account problem, but an serializing
problem.

Do you need further information? I will investigate any hint to solve this.

My restart was a clean restart from admin menu.
Attachment (smime.p7s): application/x-pkcs7-signature, 5385 bytes
_______________________________________________
sunuo-users mailing list
sunuo-users <at> lists.berlios.de
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/sunuo-users
Maik Greubel | 28 Mar 01:35 2007
Picon

Re: Account problem

Hello,

I hate to repost this, but the problem is very tricky. And I don't
understand it really, yet. I have just a small hack for this, because it
is not nice to recreate accounts after every restart:

The problem is the deserializing of accounts. I learned from debugging
sessions, that not all accounts are readen from the accounts.xml. But
the file structur is ok and I have no syntax error. But, and thats
really annoying, just every second <account></account> node is read out
using the XmlReader. In Accounts.cs in the Load() method right after
while(reader.Read) I put a simple logging:

log.InfoFormat("node: {0} ;  name: {1}", reader.NodeType, reader.Name);

which only shows 4 of my 8 account node structures. I also give out the
username of the account. After analyzing the output I saw, that it was
only each second account node.

My simple hack is putting an empty account node after each real account
node. Example:

<accounts count="8">
        <account>
                <username>Myname</username>
                <cryptPassword>REMOVED</cryptPassword>
                <flags>2</flags>
                <created>2007-03-25T13:32:22.6970410+02:00</created>
                <lastLogin>2007-03-27T19:59:52.8938070+02:00</lastLogin>
                <totalGameTime>PT14H24M16.2064720S</totalGameTime>
(Continue reading)

Max Kellermann | 28 Mar 07:27 2007

Re: Account problem

On 2007/03/28 01:35, Maik Greubel <greubel <at> nkey.de> wrote:
> which only shows 4 of my 8 account node structures. I also give out the
> username of the account. After analyzing the output I saw, that it was
> only each second account node.
> 
> My simple hack is putting an empty account node after each real account
> node. Example:

This is a known bug in SunUO 0.4.0.  The current version is 0.4.3.
Please make sure your scripts have been updated.

Max

Gmane