Steve Langasek | 2 Jun 14:01 2005
Picon

Re: I can't seem to connect to the server.

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:55:27AM +0000, Jason Brower wrote:
> I can't connect to the server.. it the default server down?

Yes, the metaserver was down temporarily due to a botched remote upgrade to
Debian sarge...

If you're going to upgrade remotely, at least do it by running screen on a
desktop machine, instead of ssh'ing from your laptop that occasionally shuts
down... :)

--

-- 
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer
LT-P | 3 Jun 22:45 2005
Picon

Problem with autogen.sh

There is a problem with autogen.sh
It is requesting automake-1.7 or automake-1.4, but I am using automake-1.8.
So the script fails and screams in agony.

I suggest to correct the following line:
___
automake_progs="automake-1.7 automake-1.4"
___

to
___
automake_progs="automake-1.7 automake-1.4 automake-1.8"
___

Any comment ?

Regards,
	LT-P

--

-- 
Seals are cute, kiss them

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.  How far can you shotput
a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track?
If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy.  
Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20
Steve Langasek | 4 Jun 07:02 2005
Picon

Re: Problem with autogen.sh

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:45:13PM +0200, LT-P wrote:
> There is a problem with autogen.sh
> It is requesting automake-1.7 or automake-1.4, but I am using automake-1.8.
> So the script fails and screams in agony.

> I suggest to correct the following line:
> ___
> automake_progs="automake-1.7 automake-1.4"
> ___

> to
> ___
> automake_progs="automake-1.7 automake-1.4 automake-1.8"
> ___

> Any comment ?

Have you tested this change and verified that it works?  Many automake
scripts are not upwards-compatible.

--

-- 
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer
Roland Clobus | 4 Jun 09:32 2005
Picon
Picon

Re: Problem with autogen.sh

On Saturday 04 June 2005 07:02, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 10:45:13PM +0200, LT-P wrote:
> > There is a problem with autogen.sh
> > It is requesting automake-1.7 or automake-1.4, but I am using 
automake-1.8.
> > So the script fails and screams in agony.
> 
> > I suggest to correct the following line:
> > ___
> > automake_progs="automake-1.7 automake-1.4"
> > ___
> 
> > to
> > ___
> > automake_progs="automake-1.7 automake-1.4 automake-1.8"
> > ___
> 
> > Any comment ?
> 
> Have you tested this change and verified that it works?  Many 
automake
> scripts are not upwards-compatible.

I've recently tested the scripts with various versions of automake, a 
patch is being prepared.

Results so far:
automake1.4: does not work anymore
automake1.5: does not work
automake1.6: make distcheck fails, 'normal' make works
(Continue reading)

LT-P | 4 Jun 19:44 2005
Picon

Re: Problem with autogen.sh

Le ven 03 jun 2005 22:02:03 CEST, Steve Langasek <vorlon <at> dodds.net> a écrit:

> Have you tested this change and verified that it works?  Many automake
> scripts are not upwards-compatible.
Of course.
I compiled gnocatan-server-console and gnocatanai with it. Worked perfectly.
I didn't compiled any graphical gnocatan app with it, because my gnome development
toolkit is broken, but it works with my other projects.

LT-P

--

-- 
Seals are cute, kiss them

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.  How far can you shotput
a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track?
If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy.  
Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r 
Nadia | 8 Jun 16:14 2005
Picon

Wanna get laid tonight? You can!


There is this free date site filled with a bunch of nymphos.

No flowers, no walk on the beach, just meet up for sex :)

There are also some people who want serious relationships though
So if you want a long-termer, or a one-nighter, you got it ;)

Whatever floats your boat pretty much! 

http://www.doittonight.com/

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.  How far can you shotput
a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track?
If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy.  
Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20
Jeff Breidenbach | 13 Jun 00:00 2005

Debian package

Hi all,

Now that Debian Sarge has been released (woohoo!) it is time for me to 
retire as Debian package maintainer for gnocatan. It's been great fun 
over the years, but it is now time for fresh blood. Are there any Debian 
developers on this list who would like to become the primary maintainer? 
If not, I will just go through the regular Debian orphan/adoption 
procedure. The package is quite popular and I am confident someone will 
pick it up. Thanks again!

Cheers,
Jeff

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.  How far can you shotput
a projector? How fast can you ride your desk chair down the office luge track?
If you want to score the big prize, get to know the little guy.  
Play to win an NEC 61" plasma display: http://www.necitguy.com/?r=20
Bas Wijnen | 13 Jun 10:49 2005
Picon

Re: Debian package

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your work over the years, it was great.

I am not a debian developer, but I'm planning to become one.  I would
gladly take over the package, but would obviously need a sponsor for
that.  Would you still be willing to do that, or should I post an RFS to
debian-mentors?

Thanks again,
Bas

Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Now that Debian Sarge has been released (woohoo!) it is time for me to
> retire as Debian package maintainer for gnocatan. It's been great fun
> over the years, but it is now time for fresh blood. Are there any Debian
> developers on this list who would like to become the primary maintainer?
> If not, I will just go through the regular Debian orphan/adoption
> procedure. The package is quite popular and I am confident someone will
> pick it up. Thanks again!
> 
> Cheers,
> Jeff
> 
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by: NEC IT Guy Games.  How far can you
> shotput
(Continue reading)

Steve Langasek | 13 Jun 12:59 2005
Picon

Re: Debian package

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:49:51AM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> Thank you for your work over the years, it was great.

> I am not a debian developer, but I'm planning to become one.  I would
> gladly take over the package, but would obviously need a sponsor for
> that.  Would you still be willing to do that, or should I post an RFS to
> debian-mentors?

Hmm, didn't Jeff rope something like three or four of us into being
uploaders on the package? :)  I don't think sponsorship should be a problem.

--

-- 
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer
Jeff Breidenbach | 13 Jun 20:57 2005

Debian package


Hi Bas,

You are supremely qualified, and would be a great asset to Debian. As
Steve said, it's easy to find sponsors, and I'm happy to be one if
you'd like. I have two conditions before handing over the package.

1) This doesn't consume effort you'd otherwise spend on upstream 
Gnocatan work. Relatively speaking, if Debian Developers are a dime 
a dozen, an active Gnocatan author is worth at least $1.50.

2) You have to take over before August. By take over I mean both
starting Debian's New Maintainer process (which is slow) and uploading
the package at least once using a sponsor.

If that sounds good to you, the package is yours. Otherwise we'll
bring in some truly fresh blood. :)

Cheers,
Jeff

On 6/13/05, Bas Wijnen <shevek <at> fmf.nl> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> 
> Thank you for your work over the years, it was great.
> 
> I am not a debian developer, but I'm planning to become one.  I would
> gladly take over the package, but would obviously need a sponsor for
> that.  Would you still be willing to do that, or should I post an RFS to
> debian-mentors?
(Continue reading)


Gmane