Phil Carns | 4 Aug 17:00 2008

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

Thanks for the bug report Ryuta, and thanks for the fix Sumit.

I just committed a variation on your patch to trunk that uses a 
configure test for drop_inode and put_inode rather than a version number 
check.  That's mainly to protect against distribution maintainers that 
might backport this change to older versions.

-Phil

Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
> Hi, Sumit.
> I was able to build kernel module and it passed a couple of basic tests 
> I performed.
> The patch seems to work! I'll do more tests and let the developer know 
> if I got any problems.
> 
> Thank you,
> ryuta
> 
> Sumit Narayan wrote:
>> Could you please try the attached patch on PVFS2.
>>
>> You will also need to apply patch on linux kernel, which is available 
>> here:
>> http://www.beowulf-underground.org/pipermail/pvfs2-users/2008-April/002382.html 
>>
>>
>> Let me know how it goes.
>>
>> -- Sumit
(Continue reading)

Ryuta Suzuki | 4 Aug 22:12 2008
Picon

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

Hi Phil, Sumit,

I've just check out from CVS trunk to rebuild pvfs2 including kernel module.
Build succeeds without any problem, however, during pvfs2-client 
start-up I got the following error:

mount: tcp://oroppas:3334/pvfs2-fs: can't read superblock

Well, things are constantly changing in CVS trunk, I would imagine that 
we find another bug again...

ryuta

Phil Carns wrote:
> Thanks for the bug report Ryuta, and thanks for the fix Sumit.
>
> I just committed a variation on your patch to trunk that uses a 
> configure test for drop_inode and put_inode rather than a version 
> number check.  That's mainly to protect against distribution 
> maintainers that might backport this change to older versions.
>
> -Phil
>
> Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
>> Hi, Sumit.
>> I was able to build kernel module and it passed a couple of basic 
>> tests I performed.
>> The patch seems to work! I'll do more tests and let the developer 
>> know if I got any problems.
>>
(Continue reading)

Phil Carns | 4 Aug 22:56 2008

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

Hi Ryuta,

The CVS trunk should be working pretty well at the moment as far as I 
know.  Do you get any messages in /tmp/pvfs2-client.log or in dmesg when 
the mount fails?

thanks,
-Phil

Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
> Hi Phil, Sumit,
> 
> I've just check out from CVS trunk to rebuild pvfs2 including kernel 
> module.
> Build succeeds without any problem, however, during pvfs2-client 
> start-up I got the following error:
> 
> mount: tcp://oroppas:3334/pvfs2-fs: can't read superblock
> 
> Well, things are constantly changing in CVS trunk, I would imagine that 
> we find another bug again...
> 
> ryuta
> 
> 
> Phil Carns wrote:
>> Thanks for the bug report Ryuta, and thanks for the fix Sumit.
>>
>> I just committed a variation on your patch to trunk that uses a 
>> configure test for drop_inode and put_inode rather than a version 
(Continue reading)

Ryuta Suzuki | 4 Aug 23:13 2008
Picon

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

pvfs2-client.log says: Permission denied.
I don't see any message related pvfs2-client on dmesg.log.

After mount failed linux kernel gets horribly unstable so that I have to 
reboot.

ryuta

Phil Carns wrote:
> Hi Ryuta,
>
> The CVS trunk should be working pretty well at the moment as far as I 
> know.  Do you get any messages in /tmp/pvfs2-client.log or in dmesg 
> when the mount fails?
>
> thanks,
> -Phil
>
> Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
>> Hi Phil, Sumit,
>>
>> I've just check out from CVS trunk to rebuild pvfs2 including kernel 
>> module.
>> Build succeeds without any problem, however, during pvfs2-client 
>> start-up I got the following error:
>>
>> mount: tcp://oroppas:3334/pvfs2-fs: can't read superblock
>>
>> Well, things are constantly changing in CVS trunk, I would imagine 
>> that we find another bug again...
(Continue reading)

Sumit Narayan | 5 Aug 05:35 2008
Picon

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

Hi Ryuta,

Sorry about this, but could you also check if pvfs2-ping gives any  
error. I just pulled pvfs2 from CVS and it worked fine with kernel  
2.6.26 (both compile and mount). This might help us narrow down the  
problem.

Thanks,
Sumit

On Aug 4, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Ryuta Suzuki wrote:

> pvfs2-client.log says: Permission denied.
> I don't see any message related pvfs2-client on dmesg.log.
>
> After mount failed linux kernel gets horribly unstable so that I  
> have to reboot.
>
> ryuta
>
>
> Phil Carns wrote:
>> Hi Ryuta,
>>
>> The CVS trunk should be working pretty well at the moment as far as  
>> I know.  Do you get any messages in /tmp/pvfs2-client.log or in  
>> dmesg when the mount fails?
>>
>> thanks,
>> -Phil
(Continue reading)

Ryuta Suzuki | 5 Aug 07:14 2008
Picon

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

pvfs2-ping seems to work fine:

[ryuta <at> oroppas]$ pvfs2-ping -m /mnt/pvfs2

(1) Parsing tab file...

(2) Initializing system interface...

(3) Initializing each file system found in tab file: /etc/fstab...

   PVFS2 servers: tcp://oroppas:3334
   Storage name: pvfs2-fs
   Local mount point: /mnt/pvfs2
   /mnt/pvfs2: Ok

(4) Searching for /mnt/pvfs2 in pvfstab...

   PVFS2 servers: tcp://oroppas:3334
   Storage name: pvfs2-fs
   Local mount point: /mnt/pvfs2

   meta servers:
   tcp://oroppas:3334

   data servers:
   tcp://oroppas:3334

(5) Verifying that all servers are responding...

   meta servers:
(Continue reading)

Ryuta Suzuki | 5 Aug 07:40 2008
Picon

Re: latest CVS and linux kernel 2.6.26

Hi Sumit, Phil,

I found what really screws up. I re-examined my build script, and sure 
enough, --enable-threaded-kmod-helper was there.
Removing this configuration option and rebuilding, pvfs2-client and 
mount work fine.

I understand that --enable-threaded-kmod-helper is experimental, yet.
I don't know why I put that configuration option to begin with, but at 
least we seem to find what caused the problem.

Thank you for your help.
ryuta

Sumit Narayan wrote:
> Hi Ryuta,
>
> Sorry about this, but could you also check if pvfs2-ping gives any 
> error. I just pulled pvfs2 from CVS and it worked fine with kernel 
> 2.6.26 (both compile and mount). This might help us narrow down the 
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Sumit
>
> On Aug 4, 2008, at 5:13 PM, Ryuta Suzuki wrote:
>
>> pvfs2-client.log says: Permission denied.
>> I don't see any message related pvfs2-client on dmesg.log.
>>
(Continue reading)

Kumar, Amit H. | 13 Aug 15:46 2008

difference between pvfs2-ls & pvfs2-lsplus

Hello Everyone:
 
I get the below appended error message when I use ‘pvfs2-ls’ as opposed to ‘pvfs2-lsplus’ where I don’t get any error. As far as the parallel file system, I can copy and write to pvfs2 mount point without any errors.
Hence curious what is the difference between pvfs2-ls and pvfs2-lsplus and could there be something wrong in my compilation.
 
Thank you,
Amit
 
# /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls
lost+found
*** glibc detected *** /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000002aa8010 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib64/libc.so.6[0x3fbd66f4f4]
/lib64/libc.so.6(cfree+0x8c)[0x3fbd672b1c]
/opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls(main+0x4d6)[0x40dc5a]
/lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf4)[0x3fbd61d8a4]
/opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls[0x40bd99]
======= Memory map: ========
00400000-004a5000 r-xp 00000000 08:06 5782980                            /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls
006a4000-006ac000 rw-p 000a4000 08:06 5782980                            /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls
006ac000-006ae000 rw-p 006ac000 00:00 0
02aa8000-02bce000 rw-p 02aa8000 00:00 0
3f1a400000-3f1a40c000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113250                        /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
3f1a40c000-3f1a60c000 ---p 0000c000 08:01 2113250                        /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
3f1a60c000-3f1a60d000 rw-p 0000c000 08:01 2113250                        /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
3fbd200000-3fbd21a000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769776                        /lib64/ld-2.5.so
3fbd419000-3fbd41a000 r--p 00019000 08:01 1769776                        /lib64/ld-2.5.so
3fbd41a000-3fbd41b000 rw-p 0001a000 08:01 1769776                        /lib64/ld-2.5.so
3fbd600000-3fbd746000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769777                        /lib64/libc-2.5.so
3fbd746000-3fbd946000 ---p 00146000 08:01 1769777                        /lib64/libc-2.5.so
3fbd946000-3fbd94a000 r--p 00146000 08:01 1769777                        /lib64/libc-2.5.so
3fbd94a000-3fbd94b000 rw-p 0014a000 08:01 1769777                        /lib64/libc-2.5.so
3fbd94b000-3fbd950000 rw-p 3fbd94b000 00:00 0
3fbda00000-3fbda02000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769778                        /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
3fbda02000-3fbdc02000 ---p 00002000 08:01 1769778                        /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
3fbdc02000-3fbdc03000 r--p 00002000 08:01 1769778                        /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
3fbdc03000-3fbdc04000 rw-p 00003000 08:01 1769778                        /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
3fbe200000-3fbe215000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769782                        /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
3fbe215000-3fbe414000 ---p 00015000 08:01 1769782                        /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
3fbe414000-3fbe415000 r--p 00014000 08:01 1769782                        /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
3fbe415000-3fbe416000 rw-p 00015000 08:01 1769782                        /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
3fbe416000-3fbe41a000 rw-p 3fbe416000 00:00 0
3fbfa00000-3fbfa0d000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769787                        /lib64/libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1
3fbfa0d000-3fbfc0d000 ---p 0000d000 08:01 1769787                        /lib64/libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1
3fbfc0d000-3fbfc0e000 rw-p 0000d000 08:01 1769787                        /lib64/libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1
2aaaaaaab000-2aaaaaaac000 rw-p 2aaaaaaab000 00:00 0
2aaaaaab9000-2aaaaaabc000 rw-p 2aaaaaab9000 00:00 0
2aaaaaac9000-2aaaaaacd000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113051                    /usr/lib64/libcxgb3-rdmav2.so
2aaaaaacd000-2aaaaaccd000 ---p 00004000 08:01 2113051                    /usr/lib64/libcxgb3-rdmav2.so
2aaaaaccd000-2aaaaacce000 rw-p 00004000 08:01 2113051                    /usr/lib64/libcxgb3-rdmav2.so
2aaaaacce000-2aaaaacd1000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113056                    /usr/lib64/libipathverbs-rdmav2.so
2aaaaacd1000-2aaaaaed1000 ---p 00003000 08:01 2113056                    /usr/lib64/libipathverbs-rdmav2.so
2aaaaaed1000-2aaaaaed2000 rw-p 00003000 08:01 2113056                    /usr/lib64/libipathverbs-rdmav2.so
2aaaaaed2000-2aaaaaed8000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113049                    /usr/lib64/libmlx4-rdmav2.so
2aaaaaed8000-2aaaab0d8000 ---p 00006000 08:01 2113049                    /usr/lib64/libmlx4-rdmav2.so
2aaaab0d8000-2aaaab0d9000 rw-p 00006000 08:01 2113049                    /usr/lib64/libmlx4-rdmav2.so
2aaaab0d9000-2aaaab0e0000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113047                    /usr/lib64/libmthca-rdmav2.so
2aaaab0e0000-2aaaab2df000 ---p 00007000 08:01 2113047                    /usr/lib64/libmthca-rdmav2.so
2aaaab2df000-2aaaab2e0000 rw-p 00006000 08:01 2113047                    /usr/lib64/libmthca-rdmav2.so
2aaaab2e0000-2aaaab2e4000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113054                    /usr/lib64/libnes-rdmav2.so
2aaaab2e4000-2aaaab4e3000 ---p 00004000 08:01 2113054                    /usr/lib64/libnes-rdmav2.so
2aaaab4e3000-2aaaab4e4000 rw-p 00003000 08:01 2113054                    /usr/lib64/libnes-rdmav2.so
2aaaab4e4000-2aaaab4e5000 rw-p 2aaaab4e4000 00:00 0
2aaaab4f1000-2aaaab4fb000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769500                    /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
2aaaab4fb000-2aaaab6fa000 ---p 0000a000 08:01 1769500                    /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
2aaaab6fa000-2aaaab6fb000 r--p 00009000 08:01 1769500                    /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
2aaaab6fb000-2aaaab6fc000 rw-p 0000a000 08:01 1769500                    /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
2aaaac000000-2aaaac021000 rw-p 2aaaac000000 00:00 0
2aaaac021000-2aaab0000000 ---p 2aaaac021000 00:00 0
7fffb4901000-7fffb4917000 rw-p 7fffb4901000 00:00 0                      [stack]
ffffffffff600000-ffffffffffe00000 ---p 00000000 00:00 0                  [vdso]
Aborted
 
_______________________________________________
Pvfs2-users mailing list
Pvfs2-users <at> beowulf-underground.org
http://www.beowulf-underground.org/mailman/listinfo/pvfs2-users
Phil Carns | 13 Aug 16:06 2008

Re: difference between pvfs2-ls & pvfs2-lsplus

Hi Amit,

I think this was a bug in the 2.7.1 release that has been fixed in 
trunk.  Patch is attached if you want to give it a try.

thanks,
-Phil

Kumar, Amit H. wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>  
> I get the below appended error message when I use ‘pvfs2-ls’ as opposed 
> to ‘pvfs2-lsplus’ where I don’t get any error. As far as the parallel 
> file system, I can copy and write to pvfs2 mount point without any errors.
> Hence curious what is the difference between pvfs2-ls and pvfs2-lsplus 
> and could there be something wrong in my compilation.
>  
> Thank you,
> Amit
>  
> # /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls
> lost+found
> *** glibc detected *** /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls: double free or 
> corruption (!prev): 0x0000000002aa8010 ***
> ======= Backtrace: =========
> /lib64/libc.so.6[0x3fbd66f4f4]
> /lib64/libc.so.6(cfree+0x8c)[0x3fbd672b1c]
> /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls(main+0x4d6)[0x40dc5a]
> /lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf4)[0x3fbd61d8a4]
> /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls[0x40bd99]
> ======= Memory map: ========
> 00400000-004a5000 r-xp 00000000 08:06 5782980                            
> /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls
> 006a4000-006ac000 rw-p 000a4000 08:06 5782980                            
> /opt/pvfs2/bin/pvfs2-ls
> 006ac000-006ae000 rw-p 006ac000 00:00 0
> 02aa8000-02bce000 rw-p 02aa8000 00:00 0
> 3f1a400000-3f1a40c000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113250                        
> /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
> 3f1a40c000-3f1a60c000 ---p 0000c000 08:01 2113250                        
> /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
> 3f1a60c000-3f1a60d000 rw-p 0000c000 08:01 2113250                        
> /usr/lib64/libibverbs.so.1.0.0
> 3fbd200000-3fbd21a000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769776                        
> /lib64/ld-2.5.so
> 3fbd419000-3fbd41a000 r--p 00019000 08:01 1769776                        
> /lib64/ld-2.5.so
> 3fbd41a000-3fbd41b000 rw-p 0001a000 08:01 1769776                        
> /lib64/ld-2.5.so
> 3fbd600000-3fbd746000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769777                        
> /lib64/libc-2.5.so
> 3fbd746000-3fbd946000 ---p 00146000 08:01 1769777                        
> /lib64/libc-2.5.so
> 3fbd946000-3fbd94a000 r--p 00146000 08:01 1769777                        
> /lib64/libc-2.5.so
> 3fbd94a000-3fbd94b000 rw-p 0014a000 08:01 1769777                        
> /lib64/libc-2.5.so
> 3fbd94b000-3fbd950000 rw-p 3fbd94b000 00:00 0
> 3fbda00000-3fbda02000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769778                        
> /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
> 3fbda02000-3fbdc02000 ---p 00002000 08:01 1769778                        
> /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
> 3fbdc02000-3fbdc03000 r--p 00002000 08:01 1769778                        
> /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
> 3fbdc03000-3fbdc04000 rw-p 00003000 08:01 1769778                        
> /lib64/libdl-2.5.so
> 3fbe200000-3fbe215000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769782                        
> /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
> 3fbe215000-3fbe414000 ---p 00015000 08:01 1769782                        
> /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
> 3fbe414000-3fbe415000 r--p 00014000 08:01 1769782                        
> /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
> 3fbe415000-3fbe416000 rw-p 00015000 08:01 1769782                        
> /lib64/libpthread-2.5.so
> 3fbe416000-3fbe41a000 rw-p 3fbe416000 00:00 0
> 3fbfa00000-3fbfa0d000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769787                        
> /lib64/libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1
> 3fbfa0d000-3fbfc0d000 ---p 0000d000 08:01 1769787                        
> /lib64/libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1
> 3fbfc0d000-3fbfc0e000 rw-p 0000d000 08:01 1769787                        
> /lib64/libgcc_s-4.1.2-20070626.so.1
> 2aaaaaaab000-2aaaaaaac000 rw-p 2aaaaaaab000 00:00 0
> 2aaaaaab9000-2aaaaaabc000 rw-p 2aaaaaab9000 00:00 0
> 2aaaaaac9000-2aaaaaacd000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113051                    
> /usr/lib64/libcxgb3-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaaacd000-2aaaaaccd000 ---p 00004000 08:01 2113051                    
> /usr/lib64/libcxgb3-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaaccd000-2aaaaacce000 rw-p 00004000 08:01 2113051                    
> /usr/lib64/libcxgb3-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaacce000-2aaaaacd1000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113056                    
> /usr/lib64/libipathverbs-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaacd1000-2aaaaaed1000 ---p 00003000 08:01 2113056                    
> /usr/lib64/libipathverbs-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaaed1000-2aaaaaed2000 rw-p 00003000 08:01 2113056                    
> /usr/lib64/libipathverbs-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaaed2000-2aaaaaed8000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113049                    
> /usr/lib64/libmlx4-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaaaed8000-2aaaab0d8000 ---p 00006000 08:01 2113049                    
> /usr/lib64/libmlx4-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab0d8000-2aaaab0d9000 rw-p 00006000 08:01 2113049                    
> /usr/lib64/libmlx4-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab0d9000-2aaaab0e0000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113047                    
> /usr/lib64/libmthca-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab0e0000-2aaaab2df000 ---p 00007000 08:01 2113047                    
> /usr/lib64/libmthca-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab2df000-2aaaab2e0000 rw-p 00006000 08:01 2113047                    
> /usr/lib64/libmthca-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab2e0000-2aaaab2e4000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 2113054                    
> /usr/lib64/libnes-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab2e4000-2aaaab4e3000 ---p 00004000 08:01 2113054                    
> /usr/lib64/libnes-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab4e3000-2aaaab4e4000 rw-p 00003000 08:01 2113054                    
> /usr/lib64/libnes-rdmav2.so
> 2aaaab4e4000-2aaaab4e5000 rw-p 2aaaab4e4000 00:00 0
> 2aaaab4f1000-2aaaab4fb000 r-xp 00000000 08:01 1769500                    
> /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
> 2aaaab4fb000-2aaaab6fa000 ---p 0000a000 08:01 1769500                    
> /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
> 2aaaab6fa000-2aaaab6fb000 r--p 00009000 08:01 1769500                    
> /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
> 2aaaab6fb000-2aaaab6fc000 rw-p 0000a000 08:01 1769500                    
> /lib64/libnss_files-2.5.so
> 2aaaac000000-2aaaac021000 rw-p 2aaaac000000 00:00 0
> 2aaaac021000-2aaab0000000 ---p 2aaaac021000 00:00 0
> 7fffb4901000-7fffb4917000 rw-p 7fffb4901000 00:00 0                      
> [stack]
> ffffffffff600000-ffffffffffe00000 ---p 00000000 00:00 0                  
> [vdso]
> Aborted
>  
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Pvfs2-users mailing list
> Pvfs2-users <at> beowulf-underground.org
> http://www.beowulf-underground.org/mailman/listinfo/pvfs2-users

Attachment (pvfs2-ls.patch): text/x-diff, 353 bytes
_______________________________________________
Pvfs2-users mailing list
Pvfs2-users <at> beowulf-underground.org
http://www.beowulf-underground.org/mailman/listinfo/pvfs2-users
Kumar, Amit H. | 15 Aug 18:09 2008

Interesting: Mounts with both tcp and IB BMI;

Hello Everyone,
 
I have configured PVFS2 with following options, hence not disabling bmi-tcp method as suggested by the configure script for better response time.
 
./configure --prefix=/opt/pvfs2 --enable-karma --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux-2.6 --with-openib=/usr --with-openib-includes=/usr/include --with-openib-libs=/usr/lib64 CFLAGS=-g --enable-nptl-workaround=yes
 
 
I generated a pvfs2-fs.conf file with 4 I/O server with one of them being a metadata server:
Part of the config file looks like:
<Aliases>
        Alias pvfs2-io-0-0 ib://pvfs2-io-0-0:3335,tcp://pvfs2-io-0-0:3334
        Alias pvfs2-io-0-1 ib://pvfs2-io-0-1:3335,tcp://pvfs2-io-0-1:3334
        Alias pvfs2-io-0-2 ib://pvfs2-io-0-2:3335,tcp://pvfs2-io-0-2:3334
        Alias pvfs2-io-0-3 ib://pvfs2-io-0-3:3335,tcp://pvfs2-io-0-3:3334
</Aliases>
 
As per my understanding I mount the pvfs2-clients through IB with the following command
mount –t pvfs2 ib://pvfs2-io-0-0:3335/pvfs-fs  /scratch/pvfs2
 
Though I do the above, I can still access the Pvfs2 File System when I bring down the IB interface. This means that Pvfs2 is not running through the IB interface. This is strange!
 
  1. Does this mean that I need to use the IB interface hostnames, for e.g. pvfs2-io-0-0.local-ib so that I can make use of IB?
  2. If I do use the IB hostnames, then how do I mount the Pvfs2 File System on the some of the compute nodes that do not have IB interface and would like to access it via Ethernet?
 
Please enlighten me!!!
 
Thank you,
Amit
 
 
_______________________________________________
Pvfs2-users mailing list
Pvfs2-users <at> beowulf-underground.org
http://www.beowulf-underground.org/mailman/listinfo/pvfs2-users

Gmane